Author Topic: OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - SF4/SSBB 1v1 - 6/27/09  (Read 28053 times)

Offline sickkboy19

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: OKC - HxC Summer Season Opener - SF4/SSBB 1v1 - 6/27/09
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 11:00:30 am »
Okay. Thanks for the information.

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 11:15:52 am »
No problem. We hope you can make it to the event!

- If anyone wants to help us pass out flyers send this us a PM and we will get some flyers to you and your friends. Let us know!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »
This is on my birthday, but hopefully I can make it. I agree with XA. If you are serious about tournaments then you buy the appropriate equipment to play in them. So should I bring my ps3 stick or my sticks for both systems.
Yea we will buy what we need but what is the best one to buy? Long story short should we just buy these items

ps3 stick
xbox 360 stick
mad cats sf4 ps3 controller
mad cats sf4 360 controller

Tell me?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline sickkboy19

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 01:22:07 pm »
This is on my birthday, but hopefully I can make it. I agree with XA. If you are serious about tournaments then you buy the appropriate equipment to play in them. So should I bring my ps3 stick or my sticks for both systems.
Yea we will buy what we need but what is the best one to buy? Long story short should we just buy these items

ps3 stick
xbox 360 stick
mad cats sf4 ps3 controller
mad cats sf4 360 controller

Tell me?

I think ps3 sticks and 360 sticks are the way to go. I would not buy the sf4 controllers, but that is personal choice.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 08:17:30 pm »
no SC hurts my tummy....

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 11:06:46 am »
no SC hurts my tummy....
What are you talking about  ???
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 01:46:43 pm »
Soul Calibur dawg

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 02:28:14 pm »
The reason we didnt put SC on the list for the season is because we werent %100 sure that we would have a solid community for every tournament.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 02:57:03 pm »
oh I understand why, and I agree.

I'm still gonna complain though

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 03:19:27 pm »
FROM what i understand there is no lag on controllers but there seems to be problems with joysticks.
Yup.

But very few SERIOUS stick using fighting gamers don't have BOTH sticks from what I've seen, with some 360 stick users just using a ps3 pad if they don't want to borrow...

The REAL problem is - going 360 pad to ps3 pad.  So, these adapters are perfect.  And if a stick user doesn't have a stick for both, well ps3 sticks and 360 sticks are the same HARDWARE and interface, so while pad users need an adapter, stick users can usually simply borrow a stick if need be.
(same model to model is the same hardware of course.  Yes there's "sf straight" vs "hori curved" button layout changes, but hey, buy two sticks if you can't handle borrowing lol)

X A

Ok. So sticks  works on both systems??

The fundamental PROBLEM with fighting games coming out on 2 systems - is that while the joysticks are the same 'interface' wise, pad to pad is VERY different.

So no, sticks don't automatically work on both systems, however there is no issue with using a ps3 stick vs the same stick in 360 - the buttons, stick, etc - are the same.  Just different connectors.

Thus - the argument "the only ones you need to worry about are the pad users - so get the adapters for them".  Sure the adapters don't work great on sticks, but if they don't bring a stick for both consoles, or won't borrow, they can either put up with the lag of the adapters, or switch to pad.

Sorry for any confusion.

And no - I don't think you should have to buy sticks - they are expensive, and expected by the community to have their own.  Simply providing adapters is way more than enough IMO to quell issues of PS3 use instead of the widely popular but not official fighting community solution 360.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 01:13:57 pm »
FROM what i understand there is no lag on controllers but there seems to be problems with joysticks.
Yup.

But very few SERIOUS stick using fighting gamers don't have BOTH sticks from what I've seen, with some 360 stick users just using a ps3 pad if they don't want to borrow...

The REAL problem is - going 360 pad to ps3 pad.  So, these adapters are perfect.  And if a stick user doesn't have a stick for both, well ps3 sticks and 360 sticks are the same HARDWARE and interface, so while pad users need an adapter, stick users can usually simply borrow a stick if need be.
(same model to model is the same hardware of course.  Yes there's "sf straight" vs "hori curved" button layout changes, but hey, buy two sticks if you can't handle borrowing lol)

X A

Ok. So sticks  works on both systems??

The fundamental PROBLEM with fighting games coming out on 2 systems - is that while the joysticks are the same 'interface' wise, pad to pad is VERY different.

So no, sticks don't automatically work on both systems, however there is no issue with using a ps3 stick vs the same stick in 360 - the buttons, stick, etc - are the same.  Just different connectors.

Thus - the argument "the only ones you need to worry about are the pad users - so get the adapters for them".  Sure the adapters don't work great on sticks, but if they don't bring a stick for both consoles, or won't borrow, they can either put up with the lag of the adapters, or switch to pad.

Sorry for any confusion.

And no - I don't think you should have to buy sticks - they are expensive, and expected by the community to have their own.  Simply providing adapters is way more than enough IMO to quell issues of PS3 use instead of the widely popular but not official fighting community solution 360.

X A

Thanks for the really good information. I think we are going to get an adaptor for our pad users.
HxC LAN Center

Offline sickkboy19

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 01:32:50 pm »
Again I agree with XA. Let me clarify my previous statment. I thought you were talking about what should you buy for personal use not for tournaments you run. I agree that if people want to play in tournaments and are serious about them, then it is thier responsiblity to buy and bring thier own equipment. You supplying adapters for pad users is more than enough in my opionion.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 07:22:32 pm »
Again I agree with XA. Let me clarify my previous statment. I thought you were talking about what should you buy for personal use not for tournaments you run. I agree that if people want to play in tournaments and are serious about them, then it is thier responsiblity to buy and bring thier own equipment. You supplying adapters for pad users is more than enough in my opionion.

Oh no you were right. You answered my question exactly. Thanks guys. I'm just more concerned about you fellas! Now who's all bringing WIIs? We have 4 televisions for dedicated so far for the Fighter gamers, how many more do we really need?
HxC LAN Center

Hyper

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 03:01:23 am »
Man... It's gonna be a six hour drive for me..... Hope I make it for the sign ups.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 09:14:55 am »
Man... It's gonna be a six hour drive for me..... Hope I make it for the sign ups.
Send me a private message. If your seriously coming ill give you my number and I will insert you into our bracket early. Deal?
HxC LAN Center