Author Topic: Guitar Hero 3 rules  (Read 3399 times)

Offline The Monster Man

• Global Moderator
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Guitar Hero 3 rules
« on: July 08, 2009, 06:36:32 pm »
Hey I found these rules and they seem fair enough so how about it?

Rules and Format:
Basic Game Settings
Multiplayer‐ Pro Face‐Off
Difficulty‐ First tier will be played in Hard mode, afterwards all songs will be played in
Expert mode.
General Guidelines
No Cheats, INCLUDING HYPERSPEED!!!
- Players will be randomly paired up at the start of each match.
- This tournament for Guitar Hero III will be a double elimination match.
- The player who wins best 2 out of 3 songs will advance.
- If by any chance there would to be a tie in the 3rd song, players will play a final round in
Battle mode.
- All games will be played on either an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3.
- All games must be played with standard Guitar Hero controllers.
- Controllers will be provided. However, you are allowed to bring your controller as long
as it is compatible with one of the consoles mentioned above.
- Due to time constraints, we ask that players use default characters and guitars.
- The first tier of the tournament will be played in Hard mode. Afterwards, all songs will
be played in Expert mode.
- Physical threats, racial comments, or inappropriate language and behavior will not be
tolerated. If you are warned and not compliant with such guidelines, you will be asked
to leave the tournament. Friendly trash talk is allowed (it’s part of the game!) but please
be courteous to the other players.
- There is no pausing allowed. If a player intentionally pauses the game, the Event
Moderator has the authority to disqualify that player. Any accidental pausing will be
reviewed by the Event Moderators.
- Abuse of any equipment (consoles, controllers, TV’s, etc) will result in your
disqualification from the tournament and reimbursement of any damaged equipment.
- No sideline coaching is allowed. You may cheer or boo as the game progresses (and
you’re encouraged to do so), but you may not offer advice to anyone playing a game.
You will be warned and failure to follow this rule will result in disqualification from the
tournament.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late to the tournament’s posted start time, you may
have to forfeit the tournament. We are not responsible for your own responsibilities. If
you advance in any of the matches, we have the right to forfeit your
position if you are not present when your name is called.
- If a player purposely turns off a game while it is in progress, that player will be
disqualified from the tournament. Entry into future tournaments may be denied.
- Arguing with the Event Moderators about a decision may result in disqualification from
the tournament.
- If any game glitches are discovered during the tournament giving a player an unfair
advantage, the Event Moderators have the right to ban using the glitch after the point in
which it is discovered. The Event Moderators have discretion to disqualify the player.
- Have fun and good luck!
- ALL rulings are final however rules & format are subject to change based on the number
of participants.
Championship Round
- The first two songs will be picked randomly from the list above. If there is a tie after 2
songs, the 3rd song will be:
List in Which Songs will be Randomly Chosen‐Start Practicing!
When You Were Young
Miss Murder
Lay Down
Paint It Black
Paranoid
My Name Is Jonas
Even Flow
Holiday in Cambodia
Rock you like a Hurricane
Same Old Song and Dance
La Grange
Welcome to the Jungle
Cherub Rock
Black Sunshine
The Metal
Pride and Joy
Before I Forget
Stricken
3’s & 7’s
Knights of Cydonia
Cult of Personality
Raining Blood
Cliffs of Dover
The Number of the Beast
One
OKgamers, the coolest place for me to go online...

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Re: Guitar Hero 3 rules
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 06:53:51 am »
Yep those where the ones I was Eyeballing. 

Offline The Monster Man

• Global Moderator
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:19:57 am »
cool then since there were no objections then i will be using these.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:45:30 pm »
How did these go?  Should we go ahead and 'officialize' them?

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 04:16:43 pm »
How did these go?  Should we go ahead and 'officialize' them?

X A

Thats what I see in other communities.. I would say yes!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline The Monster Man

• Global Moderator
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 07:49:08 pm »
Well, we didn't really have a tournament since nobody signed up but i think that these rules are the most fair to the players so i would officialize them.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 12:02:47 am »
I don't really understand the 'no hyperspeed' rule. It's pretty much just a speed mod like you'd see in DDR.

And as far as I know, in major(big) tournaments with sponsors and all that, hyperspeed is allowed. And a large part of the community considers hyperspeed to not be a cheat as well.

I would think that, if you're doing a Pro-Face Off based tournament, if it's consensual, hyperspeed should be allowed.

But that's just my (late) opinion.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 01:31:56 pm »
I don't really understand the 'no hyperspeed' rule. It's pretty much just a speed mod like you'd see in DDR.

And as far as I know, in major(big) tournaments with sponsors and all that, hyperspeed is allowed. And a large part of the community considers hyperspeed to not be a cheat as well.

I would think that, if you're doing a Pro-Face Off based tournament, if it's consensual, hyperspeed should be allowed.

Usually in tournaments we have hyperspeed is consensual, depends on who is running it and if there were any rules in place before hand. We don't want other people harassing and bullying other contestants into doing something that they don't want to. I usually allow it in Finals and that's it.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 04:07:36 pm »

Usually in tournaments we have hyperspeed is consensual, depends on who is running it and if there were any rules in place before hand. We don't want other people harassing and bullying other contestants into doing something that they don't want to. I usually allow it in Finals and that's it.

I wouldn't bully anyone into using it. I would ask, and if they don't, oh well. I've already played in tournaments where it was strictly not allowed, and honestly? In all of those I've done horrible, though gotten into the top 3 still.

When I play, I usually always have it on, because otherwise I just see a wall of notes. I just don't really see why it isn't allowed in a tournament. If it's consensual, it shouldn't be a problem. And if the tournament is in a single player format, I think it should be allowed because only one person is playing, just make sure you turn it off after the song because whoever is playing next may not want it on. Or a different speed(IE: Hyperspeed 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5).

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 03:26:14 am »
Well it sounds like we are beating a dead horse here. What I said still applies. It wasn't directed at you personally, that would be just one of the concerns I can think of off the top of my head. When you get into running tournaments it is all about making everything fair as you can possibly make it. That's really it.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 05:07:59 am »
Well it sounds like we are beating a dead horse here. What I said still applies. It wasn't directed at you personally, that would be just one of the concerns I can think of off the top of my head. When you get into running tournaments it is all about making everything fair as you can possibly make it. That's really it.

Well, I know about that much.