Author Topic: Little Rock, AR - A.R.K. (Arkansas Regional Knockouts!) - 04/03/10 - 8 Games!  (Read 8216 times)

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
No problem on the double post. I wanted to reply to you earlier, but I'm still sorting things out. I've posted on the Smash Boards and they seem okay with upping the fee to $10 per Smash Tourney. Also, we have 5 votes for Soul Caliber now. With you, it's at 6. We MIGHT be doing a Soul Caliber tourney after all. My biggest fear is that we say that we're having a Soul Caliber tourney and then only you and X_A show up for it. Then we make you guys drive all the way down here and you guys can't even really compete!

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Well - I don't mind bringing a PS3 and game, sticks, etc - and no one showing up - I'm coming anyway for SSBB - lol.

So, bringing out a full car of smasher's and me, with consoles for sure.  I WOULD request SC4 to be in group 3, that way we don't have to show up until before 3:30pm it looks?  Heading out there for 3pm would be WAY easier than 1pm :)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Excellent thanks. Is there any way you can get me a preliminary equipment list so we can get you accounted for?

Also, I'll let you know within the coming days, but we might switch the Smash games around (Brawl might be first). I'm not sure yet, but we'll see. Also, if we have a SC tourney, we'll move it accordingly. However, we've recently gotten a surge of votes on Shoryuken for CvS2, so I think we'll be running that as a tourney instead. Like I said, I'll update you in the coming days.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Any update?  I was kinda hoping for some SC play lol.  Also, if you move Brawl that mean second set?  Just trying to get a start time down so we can leave in time.

Hardware - as for the car I'm bringing - I'm now not sure if Foxy is coming?

So - 2wii's if not, 3 wii's if Foxy does go.

And a ps3 and SC4 if your having the event.  I guess I can bring it eitherway.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Brawl and Melee will stay as is. We do NOT plan on having an SC4 tourney. However, I think we're gonna have a "last minute vote" tournament in addition to the 8 we're planning. So basically, we'll say like "what other game would you like to play at this tourney" and count the votes. If a game gets like 8 votes, then we'll have a tourney for that at like 3:30 or 4 or whatever. Bring as much equipment as you possibly can. We greatly appreciate this =]
Any other questions, let me know.

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Final Update done. Please review everything and please bring equipment if at all possible. See you guys Saturday.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
You should also put that UNLIMITED characters are banned for Blazblue

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
are those sprites from kof13?

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
they are sprites from KoF XIII

Offline outkst949

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Any chance for brawl doubles?

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Ah, thanks. Wish I would've known earlier about the Unlimited Characters thing. No idea what those are. Also, we'll have Smash Doubles after the main tourney if we can get enough interest and have enough time. If you want to play in the smash doubles, just let us know the day of the tourney.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
WOOOOO GET HYPED!

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Wooooo can't wait to see the results.

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for coming guys. We had a great turnout from OK. I'll have a more personalized post and more complete results, but for now, let me copy and paste my Results/Shout-Outs post from the Shoryuken thread:

Wow. So first thing's first. I want to apologize to everyone who came for being a little behind on our schedule. I know people were traveling in from out of state and wanted to get into their tournaments. We were a little short on man-power, but I hope once our tournaments got going, they were run smoothly and efficiently. Second, I'm sorry for any set-ups that had lag on them. As soon as people complained, we tried to switch to CRTs. Unfortunately, BlazBlue and HDR had to play on a few laggy setups, but I hope it wasn't that bad. Thank you guys for understanding.

Next, I'd like to give mad props to all of the gamers that showed up to rep their respective states. We had peeps from FIVE states show up to our tourney (TX, OK, MO, TN, and AR). Our biggest turnout was Street Fighter 4 (37 entrants; pot was $370). Our smallest turnout for one of our main games was CvS2 (8 entrants; pot was $40). Garou was voted in (11 votes) but only 6 people wanted to pay when the time came, so it had an even smaller pot ($30), but it was winner take all.

It's 4AM in the morning and I'm super tired, but I'm sure people want to at least see a partial results page. Without further ado, here's a brief summary of the results (Top 3 + Payouts). Note: Full results + Brackets + Payouts + Pictures/Videos of some matches will be here in the coming days. Btw, if you have a nickname that you go by and you want me to put it on here instead, let me know.

BlazBlue
1. Lil Majin ($59.50)
2. Jerrod ($17)
3. Tim ($8.50)

HDR
1. Edison ($49)
2. Professor Tick Throw ($14)
3. Lil Majin ($7)

T6
1. Lil Majin ($126)
2. ShinBlade ($36)
3. Professor G ($18)

Melee
1. WT Snacks ($84)
2. IHaveSpaceBalls ($24)
3. Chamberlin ($12)

Brawl
1. Chuck ($91)
2. AfroStatic ($26)
3. ThrillerMan ($13)

CvS2
1. Lil Majin ($28)
2. Mr. Sagat ($8)
3. Allen ($4)

TvC
1. Meximelt ($35)
2. Warden ($10)
3. DeeZee ($5)

SF4
1. FindMyFarms ($259)
2. Arthur ($74)
3. Mike ($37)

SF4 3v3 Teams
1. Team White Guys (Justen, Jeff, Arthur) - $73.80
2. Team Jop (FindMyFarms, Professor Tick Throw, Galvan) - $21
3. Team M&MS (SmokeMaxX, Putting Out The Fire Mike, ThyAllMighty) - $10.50

Garou
1. Arthur (Winner Take All $30)

Alright first off: Lessons learned. 1) It's hella hard to make tournaments run on schedule. 2) Ban Dallas from the SF4 tournies and Memphis from every other game. Haha, just kidding. Good ♥♥♥♥ guys. We'll get to y'alls level soon.

Time for some shout-outs. First off, shout-out to everyone who came. We are trying to build a community and put Arkansas on the map. I hope this is a baby step towards where we need to be. We got peeps repping all different places (get to those more specifically later). More importantly, we got a good turnout from Arkansas. I'm proud of you guys. A little disappointed with the Brawl turnout, but SmashBoards has been down for the past few days, so I'll cut them a little slack.

Next, shout-out to everyone who brought equipment, even if we didn't use it. Seriously, we asked the community and you guys delivered. We had at least 20-30 TVs. and a lot of Wiis and PS3s.

Shout-out to FlyMike, Lil Majin, and the entire Memphis crew for representing their city and taking back some fight money. I hope you guys had a good time and I'm glad y'all drove down here to hang with us. Y'all were really chill and definitely helped hype things up. Sorry our boy Jeremy (Viper) had to show that Honda what's up. But yeah, you guys are on a whole 'nother level in Tekken it seems.

Shout-out to Adnan, Arthur, and the entire Dallas crew for also bringing home some money and showing us what's up in SF. You guys are really classy and it was fun hosting y'all. I got your Cammy next time Adnan. I can work towards your Rog after that haha. Oh and Arthur, it's not your fault. Guile's top tier in "First Attack." Let the record show that I won $.25 in a First Attack money match with Arthur.

Shout-out to OneDirtyLei, Saif, and the Oklahoma Crew for probably driving the longest distance and showing up to play. I'm glad y'all could come out and I want everyone who's around the Oklahoma area to visit OKgamers.com for more info on tournaments that Saif will be hosting all over Oklahoma.

Special Shout-Out to Warden for representing West Plains, MO! The only guy to rep a state that we never thought we'd get players from. I didn't really get to ever talk to you much dude, but I respect that you came all the way here by yourself and you definitely have a really solid Bison. Thanks for coming out man.

Shout-Out to our special volunteers for working their asses off just so they can support the scene. The guys running the brackets? If it wasn't me or Mike, it was someone who doesn't play video games and had no reason to even come to our tournament except as a favor to me and Mike.

Shout-Out to Imperator for lending his time and wisdom and also sacrificing his SF4 spot. Thanks so much man. You've been a huge help to the community, always providing almost anything we need. I really appreciate it.

Shout-Out to DisturbinglyZen for generating and running some brackets. You didn't have to and it was pretty time consuming, but you eased a huge burden on us. Thank you so much also.

Shout-Out to Warpticon for going to drastic measures to attend and participate in the tournament. I tip my hat to you.

Like I said, thanks everyone for coming out. I know I'm missing some shout-outs. I apologize if I didn't put you down. It was great meeting so many people for the first time and seeing so many familiar faces all over again. I just wish I could've played/watched more matches, but that's what running a tournament does.

Please feel free to offer insight/advice. Give us feedback. We wanted to make this as smooth as possible and it ran a little late, but I hope everyone still ended up happy. Oh and one final thing, y'all tore that pizza UP.