Author Topic: Norman - Smash Day - 03/17/07  (Read 2159 times)

SP

Norman - Smash Day - 03/17/07
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:02:48 am »
This thread is also on smashboards.com (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95069), but some of the people i played today seemed like they would like something like this so here goes.

Keep in mind I originally posted this elsewhere so if some of what I say doesn't make sense, please excuse it :-P

Recently one of my fellow smashers and I were talking about what would be a good way to get a lot of our players together AND to help introduce new players/SWF members to the game, the community, and so on.

So we had the idea that we should have a designated day where everybody gets together that can and have it be LIKE a tournament setting. Lots of tv's, lots of people, good players, except no brackets, no entry fee (unless its an expensive place we get), and no real stress. It probably won't affect your power ranking for you PR holders. Assuming we get enough donations, there will be food and drinks!

Where: 660 Parrington Oval Norman, OK 73019

Basically, any directions that take you to OU will get you there... HOWEVER, OU is freaking HUGE... if you look on a map (mapquest, google earth,etc.) you'll see Boyd street intersects Asp... asp is where the Student Union is, and that's where you want to go. If you're not familiar with OU, you'll probably need additional directions, so PM me and I'll give you my cell number so you can call me when you get close.

Here's how it's going to work.

You dont have to be there "on time" it'll simply have a starting time and a ending time. 10 AM-11 PM

Ranked players that have registered will most likely have some kind of cheesy name sticker thing that includes: handle, PR ranking, characters, and maybe real name, etc. So any player that's more interested in specific characters can talk to/watch them. (Somebody look for these for me, I'm kinda limited as far as places I can look)

We will be having Tv's for the top 5-10 Power Rankings holders, that will switch off with 6-10 and 11-16 and so on (at least for a while, theres no sense in trying to make people play for longer than they want without a break)

I also encourage the players on the PR to NOT play each other at this event, since this is more for socializing with the newer people. And besides, the best way to learn is to teach.

And I have to add, though this is focused towards newer players, several of us plan on going OOS in the up-coming months and need our share as well.

Right now (on my thread on smashboards) we have 20 people that have registered (but there will probably be quite a few more. And we have at least six setups gauranteed (i cant spell that word anymore =/  )

Oh yeah, AND there's going to be free pizza and soda... lots of it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 02:34:43 pm by X_A »