Author Topic: Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournament [SC3/SC2/MarioKart64/SSBM] - 8/12/2007  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa/Jenks - Monthly Tournament [SC3/SC2/MarioKart64/SSBM] - 8/12/2007
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 02:01:06 pm »
Hm, I wonder how many people will fight over Yoshi?  Peach just doesn't cut it.  Why not include special cup courses during the regular rounds?  No shortcuts=long time.  Yay for shortcuts!

Here is a suggestion for Mario Kart 64 rules:
1 vs 1 racing, 150cc

Best 2 out of 3 double elimination (time permitting)

Each player takes a turn selecting a course from Mushroom Cup, Flower Cup, or Star Cup.

No course is played twice in the same round.

In the event of a tie, the third race is played on a stage in Special Cup. The race is agreed upon by the two players.

Semifinals and Finals should be played on Special Cup stages only. Again, no couse is played twice in the same round.

If two people want to play as the same character (initially starting), flip a coin for the first character pick. The other has first course pick. I will submit that the loser (suppose it is P2) of the first race has a chance to steal that character for the second race. P1 selects second course. In the event of a tie, (P1 loses second race) P1 gets the chance to steal back their character for the tiebreaker, but gives P2 the free choice of Special Cup course.

No player has the opportunity to claim the other player's character once play has begun. In other words, you must say that you wanted that character before the first race begins.

Shortcuts: We all know shortcuts exist in this game and they play a huge role in the outcome of matches. I will submit that I don't care whether or not certain shortcuts are allowed. My philosophy is do it at your own risk. Skill should pay off. Others would say GLITCHY shortcuts should be banned. Examples include being placed further in the course with Lakitu's assistance by landing somewhere. One other shortcut trick that is controversial is wall jumping in Wario Stadium. It greatly reduces the length of the race.

I would say make a judgment call on this issue before you start the tournament Saif. Some people might exploit this...

Offline Icychiller

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Hitech redneck gamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Icychiller
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 06:55:34 pm »
halo  :o

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 11:37:13 pm »
Long live the cream dream! mua ha!  I am going back to my team: Smash Brothers Rubicon Flash Force.  See you all at random tourneys.