Author Topic: Tulsa - Guitar Hero Tournament - Sept 21st  (Read 13602 times)

Shauna

Tulsa - Guitar Hero Tournament - Sept 21st
« on: August 06, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »

Tournament over!  Go here for tournament aftermath, photos, etc -

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=712.msg6582#msg6582

- X A :)

--

Breast Fest Tulsa, '07

Guitar Hero Tournament Fundraiser, sponsored by Red Octane.

Sept 21st at Cowboy Sharkies, 5840 South Memorial, STE 201, Tulsa, OK 74145

$10 - pre-registration, $15 at the door. Must be 18 or older to play!!

All skill levels welcome! Prizes for each skill level. Even if you have never played before, you can still win a prize for Best Style! Come in character and get a special gift. Only 8 slots per Skill Level.

All ages are welcome to come watch, however it is $15 at the door - hey it's for charity!

We will be having drawings for prizes throughout the night (your admission gets you 1 ticket, for every $5 additional you donate you will get another ticket)

All monies raised go to the Breast Cancer 3-Day in suport of Susan G. Komen for the cure.

6 pm - 6:30 - Onsite registration (8 people per skill level only!! - be sure to pre-register to hold your space)

6:30-10:00 pm - Tournament

10:00-10:30 pm Announcements

10:30 pm - ??? Snapdragon concert.  www.myspace.com/heartsnapdragon

All times are approximate. We'll get to everything when we do, man.

Rules -

a) Single elimination on a PS2; no Hyperspeed unless agreed-upon by both players. Or unless we forget to change it back. Or if we just want to watch you panic for our entertainment.

b) NO Free Bird, Fall of Pangea, War Pigs or any other ridiculously long song (until Finals). We have things to do, man.

c) No Red Lottery, or Yes We Can. Dude, I'd rather stab my ear with a pencil than have to listen to those songs ever again. Feel free to nominate other songs for elimination!

d) Early Rounds - Single elimination, bracketed.

e) Finals - Best of three. Each player picks a song; ties are broken by songs chosen by event organizer.

f) Contestants may use their own controller. All controllers must be functionally unmodified. That is, no cheating…c'mon, it's just a game.

g) Prizes are awarded to the winner of EACH level. Special prize for Best Girl Rocker and best "style" (as determined by event organizer)! And, WE decide what's "special".

h) Event organizer, at her discretion, may bump a player up or down a level, based upon their playing ability. Yeah, that's right, no sandbagging.

i) If you pre-registered and don't show up by the time we're ready to start, we reserve the right to kick your lazy butt to the curb and give your spot to someone else.

j) Event organizer, at her discretion, may make up any other rules (or modify existing ones), if not just to keep herself entertained.

k) Oh yeah...simply being at the event gives us the permission to take pictures and stuff. So, if you're planning to run for President, don't do anything stupid. But, if you're not…feel free to be an idiot!

For more information please visit www.myspace.com/hotsteppers3day or www.breastfesttulsa.com

To pre-register please contact [email protected]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 02:49:06 am by X_A »

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: Tulsa, OK, Guitar Hero Tournament, Sept 21st
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 03:28:05 pm »

Sounds awesome!

Could you please format your post title with -'s breaking up your City - Event - Date :)  So, since the site is focused on OK you could say  "Tulsa - Guitar Hero Tournament - Sept 21st"

Also, please take a second and follow the link in my signature to let us know how you found the site! 

Thanks for posting your event, and welcome to the site!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Ranmoth

Re: Tulsa - Guitar Hero Tournament - Sept 21st
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:11:28 am »
Blarg, I'm seventeen.  Oh well.  I'll still root for anyone using/dressed as Clive Winston.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:08:06 pm »
j) Event organizer, at her discretion, may make up any other rules (or modify existing ones), if not just to keep herself entertained.

This sounds fun. I want to see some crazy stuff out of left field on this one:

"Congrats on first place, and now for your final challenge to win it all. Can you tell us the airspeed velocity of unladen swallow? ..... Oh you don't know! I'm sorry automatic last place, you fail."

That's what I want my $15 to pay for, to see someone cry.  ;D
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Shauna

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:54:59 am »
I like the way you think and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.   :D

Ok, see now I have to really think about stuff to mess with people - hopefully we'll keep you entertained. Send me an email at [email protected] - if you come out I'll give you something just for putting ideas in my head - because right now my head is on overdrive with organizing this!

Shauna

133+

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 12:58:28 am »
I loved playing in the tournaments and I saw the link I thoght, Yay another guitar hero tourney. Then I saw the age requirement and I was like WTF. thats lame

Shauna

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 07:22:36 am »
We seriously considered opening it up to younger contestants, but then realized it would be way too much additional work to have to have parental consent forms.

Be sure and come out anyway, we'll have some great prizes in our drawing!

The prize list isn't on the Breast Fest website yet, but you can check out what we've gotten so far (and I have no idea what will be for the drawings or what will be tourney prizes yet) in our myspace blog.

www.myspace.com/hotsteppers3day

Shauna

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 03:13:45 pm »
I loved playing in the tournaments and I saw the link I thoght, Yay another guitar hero tourney. Then I saw the age requirement and I was like WTF. thats lame

Well - and it's any venues right to limit age due to restrictions placed on them by the law, etc.  Try and cut them some slack :)  They are afterall throwing an event PERIOD!, and it's in Oklahoma, and they even posted on OKgamers - so YAY!  :)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Amazon03

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 03:59:34 pm »
This sounds awesome, and I'm over 18! Though I wonder if they would have a couple of consoles set up for the people too young to enter the tourny to at least have for open play. It would makes things way cooler and there would probably be a better turn out.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 04:06:42 pm »
I have to agree with Saif here, but I have another one of those ideas :) we can use the younger players to distract the contestants, you know like dancing with them while they are playing, taunting them, setting their hair on fire. You know fun stuff. Make it a BYOFE (Bring Your Own Fire Extinguisher) now that sounds like fun, and it's for charity  :D

Shauna

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 07:16:35 am »
I have to agree with Saif here, but I have another one of those ideas  we can use the younger players to distract the contestants, you know like dancing with them while they are playing, taunting them, setting their hair on fire. You know fun stuff. Make it a BYOFE (Bring Your Own Fire Extinguisher) now that sounds like fun, and it's for charity 

I think we could accomodate that. Well maybe everything but the setting hair on fire....don't think Cowboy Sharkies would be very happy.  ;D

Shauna

IErrantVentureI

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 06:27:11 pm »
I won't be attending due to the age limit. :-\

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 09:22:47 pm »
I won't be attending due to the age limit. :-\

Still you can come to help the cause and to help throw drinks on the contestants.

Shauna

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 12:16:17 pm »
Hey, even if you're not 18, we will still have some awesome prizes we are giving away! And we will have t-shirts for sale!!

Here's a list of what we've received so far (some of these may be for the tourney, but some we will be giving away to the audience!!) For your $15 admission you receive 1 drawing ticket. For each additional $5 you donate, you get 1 ticket!!

Daisy Rock Girl Guitars - Guitar - ARV $400

Glamour Shots - 3 gift certificates - arv $300 ea

Cains Ballroom - 2 tix to Joe Nichols Oct 12th - arv $60

Melting Pot Restaurant - $50 gift card

Just Another Hole - $50 gift card

Maid Pro - 5 hour cleaning - arv $200

Philbrook Museum La Villa Restaurant - brunch for 2

Inner Peace Yoga - 30 day unlimited pass - arv $130

Makena Music - signed cd's (check out www.makenamusic.com)

Red Octane - misc Red Octane stuff

Golf Galaxy - 2 certificates for 1 lesson w/their golf pro each - arv $30 ea

Burt Bee's Basket - arv $85

High Gravity - Gift card for 1 starter beer or wine making kit - arv $65-$75

Rebekah Pulley - signed cd prize packs

Hair Products from Andoe Salon - arv $35

Hero Gear - custom guitar skinz

Keep checking our myspace page for updates www.myspace.com/hotsteppers3day - we get new stuff everyday!

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 03:46:43 pm »
OMG no way Daisy Rock Girl Guitar, I always wanted one of those, with the flowers and all. Makes me feel special and pretty.