Author Topic: Tulsa - Guitar Hero II - October 7th, 2007  (Read 4428 times)

Amazon03

Tulsa - Guitar Hero II - October 7th, 2007
« on: September 09, 2007, 06:11:55 pm »
Event: Uncle Bentley’s Presents Guitar Hero II
Time: October 7th, 2007 7pm-Midnight
Location: Uncle Bentley’s Pub and Grill 4902 S Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, OK 74145
Contact Number: Amanda at 918 812 4843
Contact/Pre-registration Email: [email protected]   
Game Events: Showmanship, Skills, and Costume
Requirements: Bring your own guitar and head phones and the event will be 21 and up, this even will be held at a bar and photo I.D.’s will be taken at the door

This even is under official sponsorship by Red Octane

The event will begin with registration at 5pm and is then to be followed by a one hour warm up period between 6pm and 7pm. Pre-registration is encouraged, and you can do so by sending an email to [email protected] with subject line titled, Guitar Hero II pre-registration. In the email include your name and what game events you plan to participate in. Pre-registration will be taken up until October 1st.

Game Event Layout:

Showmanship: $3 entry fee. Come as you are, but costume is encouraged! This is where you get to show your stuff, rock out with your socks out. The song is your choice, and you don’t have to get a high score, but if you fail the song your turn is over. Showmanship can be done in singles or in cooperative mode with you and a friend. There will be Prizes for the winner(s) of this event.

Skills: $10 entry fee, $5 for pre-registration. The format will start with each participant playing through the song Woman on medium. The playing bracket will be arranged with the highest placers starting a “best two out of three” contest on level Hard initiating the first elimination. Each player will choose a song and “tie breaker songs” will be chosen at random from the Bonus Track List. Participants will be moved along the brackets accordingly. At this time second elimination will begin and the level will be moved up to Expert. The last two participants remaining will have the choice of playing singles or head to head. The final song is TBA. There will be prizes for the top 4 of this event.

Costume: If you enter the skills contest there is no fee for the costume contest, otherwise it will be $2. Dress up as your favorite character and not only is there a prize for the best costume, but also all those in costume will receive discounts on Jello Shots and our famous Aalax Burgers.

All questions and suggestions are welcome! My name is Amanda and I’m looking forward to seeing all of you there!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:52:41 pm by X_A »

Poofdickle

Re: Tulsa/Guitar Hero II/October 7th, 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:07:15 am »
Do you know what Red Octane will be giving out?  And is there a cover charge at the bar?

Shauna

Re: Tulsa - Guitar Hero II - October 7th, 2007
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 08:03:57 am »
Do you know what Red Octane will be giving out? 

I can tell you what we got from Red Octane for our tourney - and I was not impressed! We r'cd a bunch of posters and small buttons, 1 hat, 2 wrist bands, 2 patches, and 2 t-shirts.

almost wasn't worth going to all the trouble to get sponsored! but it's free!

Shauna

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 07:03:17 pm »

:O YOU GOT A HAT!@#  :'(

Yea, and really?  It just depends on the perspective of the person.  For alot of gamers ANYTHING name related to their game?  Is like precious gold.  I still have a few of my SC2 keychains I got from winning SC2 regionals...  So while yea it's not alot to some, for the gamers I've seen several be very happy at least :)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

blackbird

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 04:49:15 pm »
Hey Amazon....we met at the last tourney at Cowboy Sharkeys.  You know I'll be there!   Consider this pre-registering or do I need to drop you an email?  And we can still bring our own guitars yes?

You rock for setting this up!

Amazon03

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 03:57:17 pm »
if you could, black bird, send me an email at [email protected] that way i can keep track of who's on the pre reg list. as far as prizes, i have yet to recieve them, but when i do i'll let you know what's on the prize list. there's a cover charge for the tourney, not the bar and if you pre reg it's only 5 bucks.

and yeah, i love the little pointless game trinkets i win. i have a sweet guitar hero II iron patch that i specifically bought a striped polo for.

Amazon03

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 04:11:32 pm »
I just realized that I never asked for anyone to bring controllers. So if you all could, bring you're guitars. and if you really want to help, for the first three that can bring me a copy of guitar hero II to use at the tournament, you will get free entry. I have a limited amount of copies, the tournament will still go on, just a bit slower then most would like. Just send me an email if you can do so, and I;ll be sure to waive all entry fees for your help.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 03:36:48 pm »
and yeah, i love the little pointless game trinkets i win. i have a sweet guitar hero II iron patch that i specifically bought a striped polo for.

Nerd.

(*won't mention various hoodies I had SC2 thing on lool*)

ANYWAY - a point of importance - take all your pre-reg / prize / etc info you've been posting - and edit it into the first post.

Some people - don't READ past the first post, so content below that won't be taken in.

Best suggested approach - find out new info, edit first post, post on thread saying there are changes.  This keeps people reading the first post, and all the content in one usable / printable area ;)

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

sandrewgy

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 08:52:01 am »
Hi everyone, I have a couple of silly questions for you all, I've never participated in a tournament before so this will be my first.....when you're requested to bring headphones, what kind of headphones?  Just regular portable CD-type headphones, or something else?  Goofy question, I know, but....?  :)  THANKS.

Otaku

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 09:41:13 am »
sandrewgy: Yeah just bring normal headphones. They should have adapters to convert A/V to your standard headphone jacks. Volume control on your headphones is helpful though..

On another note: Sorry, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it. So.. you can withdraw my pre-registration I guess.

Sounds like it'll be awesome but I couldn't get out of work..

Apologies.

Offline TMershi

• learned the ropes
  • Citizen Above Suspicion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 12:05:47 pm »
I unfortunately can't get out of work either, but I hope this is a success.  Good luck everyone!

Amazon03

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 04:12:02 pm »
When you enter the contest tonight you are automatically in the drawing for free pitchers and bottles of Bud light! $1 jello-shots all night long! Prizes for the contest include Guitar Hero Shirts, more free Beer curtousy of Uncle Bentley's, and many more.

The game will be played on not only a TV but displayed on a over head projector.

There will be prizes for everyone, so we're all winners! <insert crowd yelling yay here>

Below is a repost of the event so everyone can take it in one more time

[img width= height=]http://a215.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/l_05340425becd249b9ec4723bcbc47456.gif[/img]

Event: Uncle Bentley’s Presents Guitar Hero II
Time: October 7th, 2007 7pm-Midnight
Location: Uncle Bentley’s Pub and Grill 4902 S Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, OK 74145
Contact Number: Amanda at 918 812 4843
Contact/Pre-registration Email: [email protected]   
Game Events: Showmanship, Skills, and Costume
Requirements: Bring your own guitar and head phones and the event will be 21 and up, this even will be held at a bar and photo I.D.’s will be taken at the door

This even is under official sponsorship by Red Octane

The event will begin with registration at 5pm and is then to be followed by a one hour warm up period between 6pm and 7pm. Pre-registration is encouraged, and you can do so by sending an email to [email protected] with subject line titled, Guitar Hero II pre-registration. In the email include your name and what game events you plan to participate in. Pre-registration will be taken up until October 1st.

Game Event Layout:

Showmanship: $3 entry fee. Come as you are, but costume is encouraged! This is where you get to show your stuff, rock out with your socks out. The song is your choice, and you don’t have to get a high score, but if you fail the song your turn is over. Showmanship can be done in singles or in cooperative mode with you and a friend. There will be Prizes for the winner(s) of this event.

Skills: $10 entry fee, $5 for pre-registration. The format will start with each participant playing through the song Woman on medium. The playing bracket will be arranged with the highest placers starting a “best two out of three” contest on level Hard initiating the first elimination. Each player will choose a song and “tie breaker songs” will be chosen at random from the Bonus Track List. Participants will be moved along the brackets accordingly. At this time second elimination will begin and the level will be moved up to Expert. The last two participants remaining will have the choice of playing singles or head to head. The final song is TBA. There will be prizes for the top 4 of this event.

Costume: If you enter the skills contest there is no fee for the costume contest, otherwise it will be $2. Dress up as your favorite character and not only is there a prize for the best costume, but also all those in costume will receive discounts on Jello Shots and our famous Aalax Burgers.

All questions and suggestions are welcome! My name is Amanda and I’m looking forward to seeing all of you there!

[img width= height=]http://a215.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/l_05340425becd249b9ec4723bcbc47456.gif[/img]

Amazon03

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 07:13:20 pm »
1st Place - Curtis

2nd Place - Kim

3rd Place - Susie

4th Place - Jessie

5th Place - Carl

It was a great tournament, thanks to all who participated and a special thanks to all who set it up. A special shout out to OK Gamers for all their support and help with pre-tournament set up. This will continue on a semi monthly basis. I'll let everyone one know real soon when the next tournament will be held. Congragulations to the top 5 placers! Check out the photo section here http://groups.myspace.com/GHLT for images of the event.