Author Topic: Monthly Tourny Swing Vote Games - What should be our NEW swing-vote games?  (Read 17337 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Poll over - the next 5 or so month's worth of 'swing votes' are now figured out -

April - Mario Kart 64 - We'll probably need at least 2 setups...
May - Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - [what console?]
June - DOA 4 - [Coolsvilla and me = one setup, another setup welcome]
July - Naruto - 4  [SavageBeating is bringing it, we could use one more possibly]
August - Soul Calibur 2 - ps2 [I've got one setup, anyone else?]

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=359.msg3784#msg3784  [ may need to scroll down to post ]

Please go help with feedback / planning.

--

So - long story short?  We have had a realization - our Monthly tournaments - designed to "Get the word out to as many different types of gamers as possible" - have started to stagnate, and not serve much beyond Halo and Smash Brothers.  SO - we are changing that.  From now on - we'll have ONE GAME/Tournament spot - that we always try and vote in as a new game.  So - we'll basically try and swing the vote - we all say "My 3rd vote I get in a monthly tournaments vote?  Sure - I'll throw it towards this" - and all have an agreed game to do that on - for more on how this came to be, click here, and go about halfway through my post for an exact play-by-play - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=293.msg3321#msg3321

--

SO - we need to figure out what NEW games we agree should be voted in for the next few months - right?  So let's vote!  lol

We've been playing Halo, and the various kinds of smash - and let's let the other 2 spots be determined normally, and probably continue to be those.  Let's use our THIRD vote - for new games - like what's in this poll.  [GoW - looks like we are playing in March.  So - for this special "constantly new" poll, we aren't including it, or other games we've already played like Soul Calibur 3 AE.]

You have 2 votes to put towards your favorite games.  The top 4 voted for games?  Will be our swing vote games for the next 4 months - in order of 1st - next month, 2nd most voted for the month after that, etc.

Because this effects what we play in April - and voting STARTS March 12th for that - as usual right after the monthly tournament - we have 11 days to determine what we want to have as the swing vote!  Let's figure this out!  Tell your friends!  Let's get this going, and have some interesting next few months.

KEEP IN MIND!  We'll need hardware and rules help.  We won't have the hardware for alot of these other games, so we'll need AT LEAST 2 setups for a game to be able to have a tournament usually.  Maybe only 1 on GGXX, as it goes so fast...  But still!  And rules - we want to have rules ahead of time...

So - if you vote for a game, be prepared to help with hardware and finding good rules!

We'll go by general types of game - Tekken - vs Tekken 5.2 blah!  What version of the game will we play?  Whatever is agreed upon in the threads / enough hardware is brought for to actually play :).

X A

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 08:41:09 pm by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Dahlsim

Re: Monthly Tournaments - What should be our NEW swing-vote games?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 05:20:51 pm »
You guys get a few DoA, 3rd Strike or even VF5 players together and maybe your NVGA partners from DfwGames can get a challenge group together to play some an OK group.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 06:01:24 pm »
Naruto Ultimate Hero.

No, I don';t really like it, but I love the specials in it.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:06:46 pm »
Naruto Ultimate Hero.

No, I don';t really like it, but I love the specials in it.

I agree. I don't really like it, it's a tough game. I love the specials though. And I haven't exactly played it in a while. My friend only rented it. ^^
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Coolsvilla

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 07:30:42 pm »
DoA4  :D

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 06:06:15 pm »
You guys get a few DoA, 3rd Strike or even VF5 players together and maybe your NVGA partners from DfwGames can get a challenge group together to play some an OK group.

Haha - man.  I'd LOVE to see a fighting community like that exist in OK - right now, it's all smoke and mirrors though.  Other than Halo - and maybe SSBM - I haven't heard much of fighting gamers existing beyond the 10 mark per community, if even that...

...if OKg stirs them outta their console held-up holes, I'll let ya know ;)  Trust me.  :)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 03:57:01 am »
I'm replying to this board again, just because. I play Soul Calibur Two, however, I'm not all that great at it. That's the reason I didn't post of it before... Same would go for Mario Kart, if I owned it. Have played it before though...
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 07:36:57 pm »

Just a couple of days left - make sure and get your votes in!@#

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Spawn_420

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52:20 pm »
me and a bunch of my friends think that there should be a saints row tourney. i have two gamezs i couldf bring i just need another system. but that would be an awsome tournament.

MaGnO

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 01:07:06 pm »
Not so much

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 03:15:34 pm »
me and a bunch of my friends think that there should be a saints row tourney. i have two gamezs i couldf bring i just need another system. but that would be an awsome tournament.

Sorry bro, if it didn't get into this voting, we'll have another one of these votes in 5 or 6 months or so if this idea goes well.

For now - Winners =

April - Mario Kart 64 - We'll probably need at least 2 setups...
May - Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - [what console?]
June - DOA 4 - [Coolsvilla and me = one setup, another setup welcome]
July - Naruto - 4  [SavageBeating is bringing it, we could use one more possibly]
August - Soul Calibur 2 - ps2 [I've got one setup, anyone else?]

And I'm looking at just doing this in order of votes - so next month = Mario Kart [omg, we NEED to get consoles for that though, it could be big lol] then MvC next month, etc, etc.

QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERS:
On MvC - what would be the best / easiest console?
Naruto - I assume 4 - but does anyone have that / can we get a full setup?

And - then for Mario Kart 64, MvC, DOA maybe, Naruto maybe, and SC2 - maybe an additional one, we'll need hardware.  Please post on here to help answer these questions / needs...

X A

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 08:40:40 pm by X_A »
OKgamers.com - our goals

Ballad

What's the date you would need Naruto hard and software?

I have a Wii and 4 wavebirds, but the only Naruto game I have is Clash of Ninja 2 - which is the most recent of THAT series, but there are more Naruot series than there are people who play them...

Savagebeating

hey whats up i have a Cube A copy of GNT4  a freeloader controllers AND a  17inch flat screen TV if you need so yeah anyone for naruto 4 the best in the series of naruto games im bringing it.

Ballad

TheSandwalker?   <--- owned.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
hey whats up i have a Cube A copy of GNT4  a freeloader controllers AND a  17inch flat screen TV if you need so yeah anyone for naruto 4 the best in the series of naruto games im bringing it.

Okay, GNT4 wins the vote for July then.  Course Savage if you don't bring your hardware, I'll keeeel you lool.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals