Author Topic: WoW Minis Demo for beginners - Tulsa/BA  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
WoW Minis Demo for beginners - Tulsa/BA
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:49:50 pm »
I'm fleshing out a demo for World of Warcraft Minis for whomever would like to learn to play the game. The event itself will either be at my own home or All in Games depending on the number of people that are interested in playing. If you are interested please respond by posting what you think. Questions welcome!
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: WoW Minis Demo for beginners - Tulsa/BA
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:38:31 pm »
Simply because I have no earthly idea what WoW minis is, and I'm in BA and haven't had any form of a Guitar Hero/Rock Band event near here in a while, would you mind explaining?

And yeah, I'm off my playing field in the games thing, but I figured I'd ask and see if I'm interested.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:07:27 am »
Hey Ris, the Wife and I are looking at getting back into WoW.  What server are you on?  I think we may just start over on some toons.   But if you need some help Lemme know.  Im pretty well versed in WoW.  Mainly BC and Before. Never got 70 in BC was more into PvP.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 04:11:05 pm »
Simply because I have no earthly idea what WoW minis is, and I'm in BA and haven't had any form of a Guitar Hero/Rock Band event near here in a while, would you mind explaining?

And yeah, I'm off my playing field in the games thing, but I figured I'd ask and see if I'm interested.

World of Warcraft Miniatures is a tabletop miniatures game played between two or more people (usually 2) where you control a party of characters and try to beat them.

I'm still trying to build my collection of the core set, but to start you are going to need a starter set so you and a friend can play together. The starter comes with 4 minis (2 Alliance and 2 Horde), a double sided map of Ashenvale forest, 6 UBases, Rules, and 6 d10 (10 sided dice). Everything you need to get started. Other minis can be purchased in booster packs to grow your army.

I am still trying to work on the logistics of how I want to do this. It may require me to buy a few more starters if we have a lot of people playing. The starters are $25 each and this may be too much for some people to just throw down on a game they may not like or may not get into, so I am trying to avoid that.

@Fury - I personally play on Eitrigg, but haven't been on for a while due to a lack of internet, but hopefully that will be dealt with soon.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 11:04:37 pm »
So is this kinda like Warhammer?

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 05:16:56 pm »
Yes and No. Warhammer pieces are pewter (I believe) and you need to paint them. WoW minis are prepainted and there is no need for any additional parts.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 09:23:02 pm »
Painting the pieces is what i loved about Warhammer. You can be so artistic and make them how you want them to look. But besides that its basically the same thing? So are there like vehicles and stuff that you have to buy with the set points you are allowed for your army? Or is it like "if you have you, you can use it"?

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 11:07:42 pm »
Army points/size is denoted by a characters honor points. Each character in your party has a combined total honor that you use to determine the amount of victory points you need to win the game. The more high powered characters you have the more points it will cost you to win the game.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 03:28:52 pm »
ok so it sounds kinda like Warhammer. If i ever had time to do stuff like this, I would do it.