Author Topic: Are you a potential developer?  (Read 10844 times)

Offline BiPoLar BuNNy

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • SEN ID: PMS_BiPoLar
  • Wii ID: 4621-2040-3385-5205
  • XBL ID: PMS BiPoLar
Re: Are you a potential developer?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:11 pm »
hmm, well the main post is old but if we are trying to bring the thread back... I'm graduating in May with my computer science degree and can help with programming, but last time I agreed to do anything like this I was the only programmer on the entire team and that's far too much work for one person.

I'm developing a game now for my capstone to graduate so I wouldn't be able to fully get into anything until May or so. I know a handful of different languages and my minor is IS mainly focusing on web development, photoshop and Flash animation.

I own Visual studios, Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4, Flash, Eclipse and a few more that I can't remember.

But youll have me..........but im just some random, what the crap is recursion....what is this i dont even.....for loops, who needs em....just use While's for EVERYTHING.

OmuhGOSH nested while FTW! :P Quieten down, I know u know how to program that's not what I meant, lol.

Offline JaredLS

• learned the ropes
  • You Only Fail When You Quit
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: VideoProducer
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 10:05:40 am »
Just wanted to give you guys an update:
We now have an awesome Adobe Illustrator designer that wants to help!

Offline zolarie

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • GameXChangeTulsa.com
  • SEN ID: zolarie
  • XBL ID: zolarie
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 02:58:59 pm »
Hey guys, I'm a little bit programmer, little bit designer, little bit writer/scripter. I graduated a couple years ago, but my schooling wound up being a bit...disappointing so I've been having to teach myself quite a bit. I know C# and ActionScript and am currently teaching myself XNA. I'm pretty good in Photoshop and had a class in Maya but since I don't have the program I haven't gotten to hone my skills and have probably forgotten quite a bit, and really, I'm best at inanimate objects. I'm also a pretty good mathematician, especially anything pre-trig.

Basically, I'm a great middle-man who can help just about anywhere.

Offline ezknight.okceca

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Divine Knight Gaming
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »
Hey guys, I'm a little bit programmer, little bit designer, little bit writer/scripter. I graduated a couple years ago, but my schooling wound up being a bit...disappointing so I've been having to teach myself quite a bit. I know C# and ActionScript and am currently teaching myself XNA. I'm pretty good in Photoshop and had a class in Maya but since I don't have the program I haven't gotten to hone my skills and have probably forgotten quite a bit, and really, I'm best at inanimate objects. I'm also a pretty good mathematician, especially anything pre-trig.

Basically, I'm a great middle-man who can help just about anywhere.

If you have some experience with Maya, you might find Blender to be something that you can jump right into. Its free and is quite powerful. Give it a try if you want to hone your 3d art skills.

http://www.blender.org/
--
E. Zachary Knight
Divine Knight Gaming

Offline JaredLS

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 11:15:55 am »
I am setting up a meeting at TCC Metro C4C for next Friday (2/10/12). The first one will be open to the public; however, I ask that you please email me or reply to this forum.
We're looking for people that have experience and/or working towards a degree in Computer Science with an emphasis on games (or anything related), or has already graduated, but is having trouble finding a job/just loves creating games. We will be slowly making this game because most of us have jobs or school or other responsibilities. The hope is that the core team will want to work together on the next game (which we have some plans for, but it'll be somewhat bigger).

People with knowledge in C++/C# is a plus, XNA, Xcode, Adobe Flash. If you know Maya, Lightwave, Blender, or any other 3D program, you're more than welcome to join. Also, people that know Illustrator, Photoshop, or are extremely good at drawing, are welcome.

There will be legal documents presented at the meeting to protect EVERYONE's ideas and concepts. Stealing ideas here will not be tolerated.

For now, NO compensation will be given to anyone until after the game is submitted to the App Store (or any other market), then if any profits are made it will be divided accordingly.
If no monies are made from the game you will at least now have experience working with a team making a game, and have your name on the game for portfolio pieces.

More will be discussed at the meeting, BUT you must first message me to get the time of the meeting, so that we don't have a ton of people that don't have a reason for being there showing up.

Thanks for your interest and I hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:20:04 am by JaredLS »

Offline JaredLS

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 10:13:54 pm »
We had an awesome meeting tonight! There are some very skilled and talented people in this group and I am proud to be apart of it!

For now, I believe we have exactly the right kind of people, but if you're still interested don't hesitate to message me.

"The TEAM" (As I am referring to us as...for now) will occasionally post updates here about the game to get people EXCITED and support us as we venture into new territories.

Thanks!

Offline mmmapplesauce

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mmapplesauce321
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 02:06:03 am »
What kind of game are you guys thinking of developing?

Offline JaredLS

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 12:24:27 pm »
All I can say right now is that the 8 of us are developing a mobile game, mainly for a tablet.

Offline DragonsfistIV

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Dragonsfist IV
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 12:46:48 am »
2007 X_x.
Would have been Interesting !
I read and understood the first 20 chapters in my C++ book.  I left knowing the basics, how to program a text based math calculator.  I didn't understand when pointers would be used, so that's about the time I lost it, because future chapters included that.
I've learned many 3d types of applications from Maya, lightwave, 3d studio max, Zbrush, game ediors from wolf3d wolfed.exe, doomed.exe, unreal.
I figured out how to create and rig a goku model and got it into unreal 2004.

I love studying the basics of all these, but I never got much deeper than any of that.
Street Fighter IV.
World of Warcraft.
I've been creating MOD Content since WolfED.exe and DoomED.exe.  Love to learn Maya and Zbrush also.