Author Topic: Norman/OKC - 1st Oklahoma Monthlies (Melee, Brawl, Arcana Heart 3) - 4/30/11  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
Original Thread with Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301347
Melee, Brawl, Arcana Heart 3
April 30th, 2011 (Saturday)
Norman, OK
Welcome Oklahoma to the first Oklahoma Monthlies.
First and foremost I want everyone to RSVP on the
FACEBOOK EVENT!
Probably calling these the NOMs (Norman Oklahoma Monthlies) because we know that a good helping of smash does a smashing body good. Alternatively we will call them the Universal Oklahoma Monthlies because we love all games (except anything developed by Ninja Theory) and really want to see an air-dasher scene up in Nya!

The purpose of monthlies is threefold.
1. To improve our game in state and prepare for tournaments.
2. Encourage an active scene of amateurs and professionals.
3. To generate some income that will help our players travel out of state.
After this first month, we plan to add an amateur Melee bracket and some power ranking updates going, and maybe get a little Arcana Heart action going on the side.

These will be hosted that insane crazy Hazy Goose and Your liberator! Your luminary! Your leader and beacon! The one who vanquished the tyranny of the user those many cycles before! Sooooooolidus.

Brawl should be going down with some hehlp from that Illustrious LCD Elite.. Triforce of  Chozo

Sooner Room in the Oklahoma Memorial Student Union at the University of Oklahoma
900 Asp Ave # 428
Norman, OK 73069-4849
Free Parking on Saturday

Time
Registration & Setup 12:00 PM
Registration Closes 1:00 PM
Tournaments Begin 1:30 PM (Arcana 2:00)

Fees
$5 Community Fee (goes to players fund, I will hold onto this in a lockbox) Waiver of $2 if you bring a Smash setup.
$10 Smash Singles
$10 Smash Teams (per team, $5 per player)
$5 Arcana Heart 3

Payout for all Tournaments
<16 entrants = 70/30
>17 but <24 = 60/30/10
>24 = 55/25/15/5
17-24, top 4 25+

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I really want to see Tulsa here! If you find any ♥♥♥♥♥ Melee players in Tulsa please point them this way, there has to be some its surprising how many Melee people crawl out of the woodwork these days.

Also I would love to see Midwest City and Edmond represent.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
i'd love to come if you found me a ride and found someone to give me AH3 before this

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Chuck and Afro unfortunately are driving a truck so I don't know if there is room in the cab. You should hit up Chuck Nasty and ssee if he can squeeze you in or put you in the back. I think it might be illegal to ride in the back on the highway.

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Arcana is looking bigger than originally expected. If someone brings a setup I'll discount 2 bucks off the venue fee. Holla!

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
i can bring a PS3 but i aint got no AH3.

so if someone could........ loan it permanantly lol.

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Well bring some BB on that thing anyway. I don't have Continuum ♥♥♥♥!

jk jk I'm just sad that Nu is dead. I really want to spend some quality time with CS2. I got it for PSP and I like Trinity, kinda like May! <3 loli milk. Maybe someone there will share AH when you get there. If I wasn't already stretching it on TVs I'd have a GGXXAC setup there as well, I'll probably hook it up after Melee is done. Also friendlies at my house afterwards.

More importantly, people should Join the facebook event http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=193609344017039
Also someone in ♥♥♥♥♥ tulsa should get a ♥♥♥♥♥ car! Talk to 999 and Bobo if you can.

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
2 more days. Some GGXXAC friendlies going down at the venue. After we wrap up the tournaments and friendlies wind down, more fighting games and smash at my place (maybe some Project M) and maybe we can take over waffle house! We got a couple kids from texas brawl headed up too.

Offline Raidenwins

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Any chance for Mortal Kombat 9 at those monthlies?

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
As a matter of fact we are considering adding MK9 to the monthlies, we just need some setups a TO for them because I'm managing too much as it is. Other than the logistics I'm totally down to host it!

If people wanted to bring some setups of their own that would accelerate the process, just don't bring laggy monitors.

Offline Ken_D:

• learned the ropes
  • ♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: FUMRBEAR
Good news i don't have to work that night i can come but there is something i want to ask you can i stay the night i may not want to drive back at a late hour
BB--

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Yeah you can stay the night but theres a cat and you should bring a pillow and blanket. I have an extra room in the back with a small loveseat and one of those memory foam pads, the couch of course is always an option but people will be gaming on it pretty late I assume.

Offline Ken_D:

• learned the ropes
  • ♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
alright i'll be there is there going to be bbcs cause i can bring it also i can bring mortel kombat but i can't bring the setup sadly
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:31:09 pm by Ken_D: »
BB--

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Well I will have my PS3 up there for AH3 ( and a second setup for AH3) so you can bring your discs and put them in it later on. I'll see if some other people want to bring PS3s, sadly I just don't have gread HD monitors right now, but my associate at HxC has some equipment lined up for later in the summer to make this easier, because people really want to do MK9.

There will be GGXXAC friendlies though.

Offline Ken_D:

• learned the ropes
  • ♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
i can bring a T.V. its a led or lcd just need to grab me a hdmi cord for no lag
BB--