Author Topic: Tulsa/Jenks - 4th Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($100+) Monthly - 01/04/09  (Read 17545 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

EVENT OVER - go here for aftermath and results - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1983.msg25210#msg25210

--
Event -
Continuing our 6 month series, January 4th, 2009 Funhouse and OKgamers' will host a Soul Calibur 4 & Super Smash Bro's Brawl Monthly Tournament!

This month will again have an additional 100+ in cash thrown into the pot!  Read more below.

YES gamers, we expect if you show up at our event, to be familiar with everything this thread has pointed out :) 
(As, there is no way to KNOW about this event fully, without this thread.  Please take the time to read up!)

Why OKgamers helps?
We want to help out the SC4 and SSBB communities!  Also, monthly tournaments are held by some of the Tulsa area staff of OKgamers to get the word out about OKgamers.com - a site for Gamers & Businesses in Oklahoma to post gamer related events and tournaments, get players together, and go to find out what's going on in our area.  Tired of hearing Oklahoma has nothing to do?  OKgamers proves things are going on all the time!  Want to help out the OKgamers cause of spreading the word, so we actually KNOW what's going on around the area?  -
 - Read more about our Goals
 - Join our staff!
 - Learn how College and HS students can get community service through volunteering with OKgamers!

We'll have these tournaments on the first Sunday of every month. [weather/schedule permitting] This is to make it easy to remember, and tell your friends.  Spread the word about the site - because it's a solution for the lack of communication about events for gamers in the area of Oklahoma!

Location -
Funhouse at the Riverwalk
500 Riverwalk Terrace, Suite 100
Map: Google Maps link

Questions about the new Riverwalk curfew?  Go here.

Games -
Soul Calibur 4 - 1v1
SSBB - 1v1
(SSBB - 2v2 - if we have enough time; did last time, may not next time, etc.  See below on hardware!)

Times -
SSBB 1v1
3:00pm - 3:45pm - Setup and Sign up [HARDWARE NEEDS TO BE HERE BY 3:45!]
4:00pm - Tournament starts, unless setting up hardware/bracket [ WE WILL NOT WAIT!  Be on-time, back and ready @ 4pm please :) ]

Soul Calibur 4
5:00pm - 6pm - Setup and Signup [HARDARE NEEDS TO BE HERE BY 5:50pm!]
6:30pm - Tournament Starts, unless setting up hardware/bracket

SSBB 2v2
AFTER SSBB 1v1.  If we can get SSBB 1v1 done by around 8, we'll consider doing a 2v2, after assessing interest, and hardware present; it all comes down to having enough machines to do it quickly - both the 1v1, and then the 2v2.

PRIZES -
SC4 - 60/30/10 of pot
SSBB 1v1 - 60/30/10 of pot   
(SSBB 2v2 will be free, unless all teams agree otherwise.)

$100 will be going into the pots for these games!  Our first event 100$ was thrown in by Funhouse, and just 1st place for SSBB got over $200!  More people show up, the POT GOES UP!

Cost -
Like most events, there is a location fee, and tournament fees.  Spectating?  Free.

5$ location cost - for those playing in a tournament (Think of it as the way to give back to them for hosting us.)
This gets you 10$ in tokens. [Tokens are Funhouse tokens, to spend on DDR, Initial D, Time Crisis, Soul Calibur 2, and other fun video games, as well as ticket games they have at that venue.] YOU ONLY PAY LOCATION ONCE AN EVENT.

5$ tournament pot cost.  Any tournament you play in cost 5$, and goes into the pot for 1-3rd.

TOTAL? =
Playing in SSBB 1v1 or SC4 tournament?  5 for location, 5 for tourny = $10
Playing in both SSBB 1v1 and SC4 tournaments? 5 for location, 10 for tournys = $15

OKgamers staff make no money doing this, that's not what this is about - go read our goals.  This is all volunteer, in the hopes of improving Oklahoma by networking through one site for gamers.  Don't abuse staff, or give us a hard time - as we aren't getting paid to put up with it :) 

SPECTATORS -
This is a public location, and of course watching is free.  However, only tournament entrants, and staff may use the machines.  Spectators may watch, but are asked to leave the machines to those playing.

Soul Calibur 4 Rules:
Time: 60 Seconds, 2 out of 3 matches, 3 out of 5 for finals. 
Pausing forfeits the ROUND, Soft-Reset forfeits the MATCH
Button Mapping allowed before the beginning of the match
NO PAUSING - MAKE SURE you set your controllers before selecting a character!!

Allowed:
Edit Colors

Banned:
BONUS CHARACTERS (Shura, etc) - banned
Algol / Yoda - banned
Any infinite banned
Custom and "Customized" characters banned. 

SSBB Rules -
* 3 stock 8 minute time limit
if there isn't a winner by the end of the time limit, then the winner is whoever has the most stocks. If stocks are tied it is whoever has LESS damage.
* all items are turned off
* if there are teams then team attack is ON

* Remaining rules for SC4 / SSBB can be found here - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1770.0 *

**IF A QUESTION ON RULES ARRISES BEFORE A MATCH STARTS, FIND A STAFF MEMBER!**
Let us resolve the rules, and get you going again!

What you need:
We seriously suggest you bring your own controllers.  We will do our best to have a few extra around, but it's always best to bring your own - less concern about your performance as well :) 

If you can bring hardware, we would appreciate it!  A "Setup" consists of a TV, console, game, controllers if possible and save data.  TV - 19" or above, tube preferrably, and controller if you can't change to input on the front.  SC and SSBB - FULLY UNLOCKED (SC = all available, SSBB 'more rules' and all 35 characters, and levels), and any controllers would be appreciated, however we encourage people to bring their own.  And of course, the game, console and any required cables. 

WANT TO HELP US CAPTURE THE EVENT TO PUT ONLINE?  Bring a VCR!!

How you should act:
We are at a public arcade - please respect all around you, and remember your in public - so act accordingly.

Spectators and Players - absolutely NO interference during a tournament match.  No harrasing your friends or their opponent, messing with controllers or settings, etc.  When 2 people play each other, they are to be respected, and observed, not distrurbed.  Please do not test us on this :)

What else can you do - Well, spread the word!  Remember, not everyone finds a flyer or knows about OKgamers! 

***REMEMBER, WE RELY ON THE PLAYERS TO BRING ENOUGH HARDWARE - what is enough?  At least 2 to 3 setups for SC4, and 5 to 6 for SSBB.  We will cancel a game's tournament if we do not have enough hardware that shows up ON TIME.(We ask hardware to be there typically 20 to 30 minutes before the tournament is set to start, see times.)  Why is this? OKgamers.com can only organizes events, yet as the front page explains we are not a company, nor do the venues we work with have everything.  Help us help you have a great event!

We reserve the right on ANY game to make on the spot changes to the tournament rules, such as a change to Single Elimination if there is not enough hardware, or too many people show up ["Too many" only determined by us not having the hardware brought to meet the demand in the time we have - be sure you understand that].  We have to be done no matter what at Funhouse by 11pm, thus the concern.  [Will we change?  Only if we HAVE to.  Hardware and you determine that.] 

Sharpen up your game, we'll see you soon!

Go out to your blogs and your websites and your myspaces - and link back to this thread - it helps - trust me.  Also, check out myspace and add us!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/okgamers
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5058488191

Wanna thank us?
Spread the word - take a flyer, post the website up on your blog or website, join our Myspace and Facebook, or mention it to gamer friends (Keep in mind, we are just gamers ourselves, so that's how this all started!).
Join us - by Joining our staff!

Any of these will be more than enough thanks :) 

First time to the site?  This going to be your first tournament you've found out about on this site?  Welcome to the site!  Please go here, and let us know how you heard about OKgamers.com!  It helps us know what is working, and what is not :)

Spread the word:
Make Oklahoma a place for gamers!  Check out OKgamers.com to find out or post about events and tournaments for gamers around Oklahoma.

NEW FLYER - http://okgamers.com/media.php

DarkWraith will be getting more printed soon, so get ready to spread these flyers over your holiday break, and make this one a big one!!

X A

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:47:03 am by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
WOOOOOOOO!

Offline FK

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
I feel nerdy for posting on a forum for some reason...I guess I should just embrace it.

Anyway...This is the pretty much the best thing ever: "...and remember your in public - so act accordingly."

Haha...Thank you for adding that.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
uhh....we're supposed to act differently in public?

Offline Tatsu

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: PSI Tatsuman
You know, I'd love to say I'll be there.

But my ride has a 50% chance of disappearing on the day of the tourney.

So yeah, If I can make it there, I'll be there.

Offline LionHeart9999

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Falcon will return. Probably will not get the same place he got last time.

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Probably better, Nobody from norman/okc/edmond are coming to my knowledge

Linkrkc

Looks like I'll be bringing a car full of Texas Soul Calibur players to this event. :)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Typ_EX - we've got alot of different groups that have been showing up from other than just your camp; and new people have showed up too - so isn't it kinda hard for you to make such a statement?  And oh yea, it's kinda ranking, so let's be nice eh?  Positive stuff pls.

Looks like I'll be bringing a car full of Texas Soul Calibur players to this event. :)

OH DEAR LORD.  Srsly?  Can't we just shoot ourselves and you be happy?  lol.  Anyway - AWESOME - see you guys soon then!@#  *goes off to practice*

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
sweet! so new challenges await dear old me in my quest to be better than? can't wait to get owned since I WONT practice and will instead be watching Hunter X Hunter box set 1

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa/Jenks - 4th Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($100+) Monthly - 01/04/09
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 11:01:29 am »
Well ♥♥♥♥, if Link and Texas people are coming to this event than I guess I better drag my ♥♥♥ to a Funhouse Tourney.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 01:10:17 pm »
And it will be good times!

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 01:27:42 pm »
is there anything going down here this week in terms of smashfests?  There are a few peopel id like to play while im here.

Offline AfroTastic

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 01:40:34 pm »
This thursday its going down at saifs.

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 01:42:44 pm »
hm, anybody wanna play anytime sooner than that?