Author Topic: Tulsa - OKg:6th Anni - SC5, CoDMW3, UMvC, SSF, GoW3, STARCRAFT 2 & MORE! - 2/25/12  (Read 57358 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
I got everybodies point typed up I'm dealing with a troll that hasn't migrated my site over but if you played in our events before I will seed Shooters accordingly. New guys you will be entered into bracket by region so you're not playing against buddies first round.

Unlock your perks on MW3 put it on a flash drive.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline MICMiLeS

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
So about sc2, the map pool still hasn't be released. Please announce them so I know what maps I need to pratice on

Thanks

Sorry about the delay guys. Work and life got super busy for a second.

These rules are going to change constantly, in particular I would like to hear opinions on the map pool. I may need a few more map choices, but I don't want to exceed 10-12 total.

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3942.0.html

Why are we using these maps? These are out of date... terminus, and crossfire both arent used anymore... plus why isnt shakuras plateau in here?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
So about sc2, the map pool still hasn't be released. Please announce them so I know what maps I need to pratice on

Thanks

These rules are going to change constantly, in particular I would like to hear opinions on the map pool. I may need a few more map choices, but I don't want to exceed 10-12 total.

Why are we using these maps? These are out of date... terminus, and crossfire both arent used anymore... plus why isnt shakuras plateau in here?

Per MLG Star Craft 2 Should be

Maps for the SC2 Winter Arena are as follows:

MLG Antiga Shipyard - Cross Spawns Only
MLG Dual Sight
MLG Daybreak
MLG Entombed Valley - All Spawns Allowed
MLG Metalopolis - No Close by Ground Spawns
MLG Shakuras Plateau - No Close by Ground Spawns
MLG Tal’darim Altar - All Spawns Allowed

2012 Map Updates
 All Rich Mineral Fields have been replaced with Normal Mineral Fields.
 On Entombed Valley, a Neutral Supply Depot has been added to the bottom of each Main Base Ramp
HxC LAN Center

Offline Cyriacks

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Cyriacks
HUGE QUESTION ABOUT THE MW3 RULES.

the maps for gb varient snd are

Arkaden - Search & Destroy
Bootleg - Search & Destroy
Carbon - Search & Destroy
Dome - Search & Destroy
Hardhat - Search & Destroy
Lockdown Search & Destroy
Seatown - Search & Destroy
Underground - Search & Destroy

which u only have 5 of these. Also Machine pistols arent banned in gb varient but are in ur guys rules. Are you guys changing it to the new Varient rules or keeping ur rules?
GT: Cyriacks

Offline Mr Piston

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Mr Piston
What's the rule on people who want to compete in multiple events?

Offline MICMiLeS

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile

Thanks

Per MLG Star Craft 2 Should be

Maps for the SC2 Winter Arena are as follows:

MLG Antiga Shipyard - Cross Spawns Only
MLG Dual Sight
MLG Daybreak
MLG Entombed Valley - All Spawns Allowed
MLG Metalopolis - No Close by Ground Spawns
MLG Shakuras Plateau - No Close by Ground Spawns
MLG Tal’darim Altar - All Spawns Allowed

2012 Map Updates
 All Rich Mineral Fields have been replaced with Normal Mineral Fields.
 On Entombed Valley, a Neutral Supply Depot has been added to the bottom of each Main Base Ramp

Thank you timmy!

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
What's the rule on people who want to compete in multiple events?

You can compete in Multiple Events..  Just be Sure to tell your TO which Events you are in.  And if you leave to go to another game be sure to tell your TO.

Also Each Player will have a Number assigned to them. LISTEN for your number. If someone is calling your number besure to say something if your playing or hurry and get to your next event.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

YES - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED - if you show up at the door you should be fine, however depending on shirt size, you may or may not be able to get a shirt.

--

Joe Momma's is a sponsor, so yes there will be items from them.

EDIT: Saif- if you could bring some HDMI cables Saturday, that'd be great. I told people to bring consoles and I'll be bringing some monitors. They're more or less new though so I don't have HDMI cables with them.

We'll have the ones for our 16; I'm not sure I'll have too many extra...

So just to get things clear, you guys only have two computers set up for sc2?

No.  A quick review of the pre-reg attendee list will solve that concern.

--

TheTrillz - I have NEVER seen a form represent more than 2/3rd's of any gaming event's turn out, unless it was mandatory.  If we have 8 signed up, we are closer to 12 to 16 in attendance, assuming the normal math holds.

--

MICMiLeS - SC2 is running on Mickey's aka Compy's ruleset.  As our Community Lead for SC2 he's responsible for providing the national standard for rules, with any adjustments made with the understanding it's to conserve time, deal with hardware vs attendance issues, etc.  If the CL tells us the rules, that's what we follow.

--

Halo Reach 2v2 - 17
Call of Duty MW3 2v2 - 44
Gears of War 3 2v2 - 13
Starcraft 2 1v1 - 35
Super Street Fighter 4 AE - 46
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom - 53
Soul Calibur 5 - 23
Super Smash Bros Brawl - 21
Mortal Kombat 9 - 8
Blaz Blue - 13
King of Fighters 13 - 24

In the past pre-reg has represented about 1/3rd; I'd assume that it'll represent 50 to 75%...

...however?  Some of these are larger than single event turn outs. 
With just the existing combined numbers this represents the largest console gaming event in Oklahoma. 

5 States will be competing at this tournament; maybe more.

Show up and represent; we'll see you soon.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline mmmapplesauce

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mmapplesauce321
I really hope to make it in time for the SSF4 AE tournament

Probably wont be able to make it before 1PM exactly, can I still register and play?!

I am hoping I can be pre-registered and put at the lower end of the bracket, even if I am late and my matches are forfeited ill still pay my entry fee but I want the chance to play if I can make it in time

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Sorry folks .

No Live Streaming.   TCC is nice enough to allow us to use their internet..  But because of security concerns we are unable to stream live.

However we are recording as much as we can   Mostly  Starcraft 2 and FPS's

If I can get a chance to move my setup I will capture some Fighters.  But right now im kinda Stationary.

Once we get everything recorded Timmy and I will stream it out at a later date.

Offline compy286

• Familiar Face
  • "By the numbers, boys."
    • View Profile
In regards to the odd questioning of the map pool. ???

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/GSL_Maps

I am trying to use a combination of maps from the GSL & MLG

The GSL map pool is considered to be the most up to date and balanced map pool.

I included other maps for fun or got them from other tournaments. Not sure why anyone would only ever want to play MLG maps or would only ever take MLG in to consideration. I'm considering StarCraft 2 from a global standpoint, as such I will take consider first and foremost the leading StarCraft 2 league.. GSL..

Hopefully the changes made to the map pool sit better with some people.

Also if you've never heard of the GSL please do yourself a favor an become more involved in watching it, it's the top tier of the world as far as StarCraft 2 is concerned..

Thanks for the input everyone!

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:38:49 am by compy286 »
Tulsa BarCraft - facebook.com/tulsabarcraft
Twitter - @BarCraftOK
Reddit - reddit.com/r/barcraftOK

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
http://mp1st.com/2011/12/20/modern-warfare-3-unlimited-prestige-token-glitch-gets-you-banned/

If anyone disagrees why I made cyriacks team play again. Look at link above also should have been DISQUALIFIED. Future refrence.... no 20 prestige glitch
HxC LAN Center

Offline Cyriacks

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Cyriacks
http://mp1st.com/2011/12/20/modern-warfare-3-unlimited-prestige-token-glitch-gets-you-banned/

If anyone disagrees why I made cyriacks team play again. Look at link above also should have been DISQUALIFIED. Future refrence.... no 20 prestige glitch

Thats not what i did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC0xZiOyoM0 thats what i did. and i think thats what u should do for every person on mw3 so then ppl have all the perks, ect.

EDIT: I still had a great time. next time i wont have 20th prestige if u want i just did that so then no jerks would come and prestige me
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:08:41 pm by Cyriacks »
GT: Cyriacks

Offline Alec

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: SnooZeh
Dear People Hating On Cyriacks Read....
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2012, 11:10:19 pm »
hey anybody hating on them because they were smart enough to find a mod that will give u every thing for LAN and splitsscreen needs to learn that Timmy(Ricky) even said to bring a Flash Drive.... So he made it were he didnt need to level it up... ♥♥♥♥♥ he would have done it for all xboxs too. I talked to Timmy said if u give him flash drives then he could do that for you, btw he could have made it any rank.... but he choose 20th prestige so then no one could prestige him(which some one was 80 and got prestiged) But Timmy when u tell people to bring a flash drive and have their stuff leveled up why should u complain? Its all for fun, NOT for 25 year olds to talk ♥♥♥♥ on 15   year olds like me, my brother, and my other friends.... Oh and btw Notloc and Levi(Oneshot) paid Cyriacks and his partner $10 each to use the USB.... and why was it fishy when other people used the accounts too?
-SnooZy

Offline Alec

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: SnooZeh
Dear People Hating On Cyriacks Read....
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2012, 11:13:24 pm »
hey anybody hating on them because they were smart enough to find a mod that will give u every thing for LAN and splitsscreen needs to learn that Timmy(Ricky) even said to bring a Flash Drive.... So he made it were he didnt need to level it up... ♥♥♥♥♥ he would have done it for all xboxs too. I talked to Timmy said if u give him flash drives then he could do that for you, btw he could have made it any rank.... but he choose 20th prestige so then no one could prestige him(which some one was 80 and got prestiged) But Timmy when u tell people to bring a flash drive and have their stuff leveled up why should u complain? Its all for fun, NOT for 25 year olds to talk ♥♥♥♥ on 15   year olds like me, my brother, and my other friends.... Oh and btw Notloc and Levi(Oneshot) paid Cyriacks and his partner $10 each to use the USB.... and why was it fishy when other people used the accounts too?
-SnooZy