Author Topic: OKC - HxC Promo Tourney #3 - 8/30/08 - Halo 3 4v4/FFA - SSBB - GH3  (Read 120347 times)

hush

Re: OKC - HxC Promo Tourney #3 - 8/30/08 - Halo 3 4v4/FFA - SSBB - GH3
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2008, 01:01:50 am »
I didn't play in anything last saturday. I had to work, but a friend and I stopped by during the 4v4s. I'm kinda glad i didn't play, setups weren't very up to date. I mean not many people play off HD anymore. But thats not that big of a deal. The only thing i saw , and i wasn't there very long, was there are no refs at all. There are spots you are not allowed to get on maps. But how would  you enforce that. There should be a ref at every station imo. And there was something going on with wireless controllers at the time I was there. I don't know the teams name but they looked upset so what ever it was you may need to look into doing away with wireless controllers( although I heard they are going to stop making wired controllers). Anyway maybe I can play next tourney. Later

Offline JEST3R 4d3

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2008, 03:45:48 am »
:-X     ok now that all that is done.. guys just because you got put out early round of losers brackets or second round of losers bracket does not mean you will be put against the Oklahomies. Everyone please just practice dont worry about seeding. New teams that dont have experience at tournaments will prolly end up against Oklahomies. Focus on the Oklahomies and not just G Wade... hes awesome but lets give those other 3 credit too because one of the others won ffa.

Yeah................. BUT, he does have the coolest name.... it just kinda rolls off the tongue, ya know? G wade.......g wade....g wade.... lol. plus they cant keep the same ♥♥♥♥♥ team name for more than a month so everyone just calls them "G Wade's Team"
G Wade is my daddy
Hummp is my mommy
Viper is my Lover (that's a heart joke....get it?)
Walter is my Hagrid
And I was adopted by Hypnotic

(I had to clear up the double daddy thing, and I'm nowhere near being black, so you can see how this works out perfectly)

CHADDDDDD IS MY HEROOOOOO!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2008, 07:28:23 am »
I didn't play in anything last saturday. I had to work, but a friend and I stopped by during the 4v4s. I'm kinda glad i didn't play, setups weren't very up to date. I mean not many people play off HD anymore. But thats not that big of a deal. The only thing i saw , and i wasn't there very long, was there are no refs at all. There are spots you are not allowed to get on maps. But how would  you enforce that. There should be a ref at every station imo. And there was something going on with wireless controllers at the time I was there. I don't know the teams name but they looked upset so what ever it was you may need to look into doing away with wireless controllers( although I heard they are going to stop making wired controllers). Anyway maybe I can play next tourney. Later

Okay hush im not trying to call you out.. but if you need hd to play in a tournament then your already not getting the  idea. I agree about the refs but remember what we are trying to do. OPEN THE LAN CENTER these are promo tournaments  NOT MLG PRO ON G4. And the team that left lost fair and square..... so hush If you know of a LAN center that has all HD hook ups.. no no ANY tournaments in Oklahoma that has all HD hook ups let me know please? Cuz I want to talk to them to see what there doing! I dont want no one to forget this.. we just had one of the biggest tournaments in OK history wait till you guy see what we have in store we havent even cut the cake yet!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2008, 07:29:02 am »
:-X     ok now that all that is done.. guys just because you got put out early round of losers brackets or second round of losers bracket does not mean you will be put against the Oklahomies. Everyone please just practice dont worry about seeding. New teams that dont have experience at tournaments will prolly end up against Oklahomies. Focus on the Oklahomies and not just G Wade... hes awesome but lets give those other 3 credit too because one of the others won ffa.

Yeah................. BUT, he does have the coolest name.... it just kinda rolls off the tongue, ya know? G wade.......g wade....g wade.... lol. plus they cant keep the same ♥♥♥♥♥ team name for more than a month so everyone just calls them "G Wade's Team"

well put man your right !
HxC LAN Center

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2008, 11:04:11 am »
The T.V. thing shouldnt really matter unless you had to play on those little 13 inch tvs im sorry for those people. And the Whole Ref thing - we were running 3 tournaments at one time and Halo wasnt even the biggest one so really someone getting up into the room above the base on the pit wouldnt be the biggest problem in the world for us. Now for the next tournament we will be having refs and all that because of some of the wireless controller problems last time but really people know the illegal spots and if they have to use them then they really shouldnt be at the tournament in the first place.

Now - I hope you put all that stuff to the side and just come to the next one to have some fun and maybe win some money AND support us so we can get the LAN center open sooner!

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2008, 01:05:25 pm »
in all honesty I played on like a 10 inch tv for my second FFA and the picture on it was better than most of the tv's there. there was one tv though on the station closest to the entrance that when ever you got naded the screen would go black. size doesn't matter. it's the qualtiy that does.

okwiffle

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2008, 01:17:43 pm »
By the way, what is the initial equipment looking like for the HxC Lan Center?

xX_Raider_Xx

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2008, 01:21:28 pm »
Top of the line for the LAN center - We are getting lcd plasma's prolly viewsonics for vizios something like that and then all the consoles and other ♥♥♥♥

xCWBxJACKSON117

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 02:22:33 pm »
where would the lan center be?

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • "My life style, determines my death style"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 02:25:56 pm »
size doesn't matter. it's the qualtiy that does.
Haha, thats what Ive been tellin 'em. jk jk

okwiffle

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 02:26:35 pm »
Nice! How many investors do you have?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2008, 02:31:29 pm »
 ;) nw 50th or nw 39th we are holding a meeting tonight about it. Also if you know of more investors thats interested please swing them our way we got great business propositions!

Basically the lan center will be better then being at home.  :-X I cant give you all the details but we will be legit! Promise so support the tournament even if its just coming hanging out taking pictures. We are going to actually be doing more individual pictures this time and videos so I hope some of you guys are interested in Saying a view words for the camera.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2008, 02:36:07 pm »
You guys are gona record this time? Kool! :D Bout how much you planning on recording? Oh and will we have to wear those annoying wrist bands next time?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2008, 02:44:01 pm »
You guys are gona record this time? Kool! :D Bout how much you planning on recording? Oh and will we have to wear those annoying wrist bands next time?

yes you have to wear the wrist bands... but if we find something that can go over your head show some type of pass to play then we can try that. We recorded the first time but last time I couldnt find my camera so I didnt record  :'(
HxC LAN Center

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2008, 02:51:28 pm »
That sucks, last time I didn't even wear a wrist band. I was just asking because I saw people ripping them off at the last tournament.