Author Topic: Eve-Online corp  (Read 5368 times)

Offline attrezzop

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Teh myspaze
Eve-Online corp
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:01:23 pm »
I need to find a good group of carebear miners to put my alt in. Preferably with some 0.0 space. It'd also be nice to know some okgamer toons for eve-online.

Any eve fans out there?

If not, let me give you a little description. Eve is a GIGANTIC MMO that currently sports the most players connected to a single concurrent universe of any MMO ever. It's space based, heavily player based, and has one of the most realistic working economies of any game. They hired a PHD in economics not to far back to manage it all.
Here are a few things that are "special" about eve:
-The skills are trained online or off. Online your knowledge of the game and your capabilities are far more useful than the skills you've trained. After you've been to war in eve you'll look at Wow and say "Raid smaid, 25 mans are nothing by comparison".
-Eve is all PvP. There is an "empire" area where you're very unlikely to be shot at but the majority of the game takes place shooting at other pilots.
-There is no ceiling. No level caps, no way to earn everything, it's nearly impossible for most people, dare I say, even rich people to have one of everything in the game. You will never finish it. Do not start trying to finish the game or even your character. This can't be done. I've watched people try for seven years.
-Eve has a wildly passionate community. There's a radio station, tv station, independent map makers etc the list goes on.
-More people play WoW, but not nearly as many on any given server/world.
-The NPC missions and achievements are for teh suk because it's so PvP based. Making money is boring and time consuming and ships cost millions where the average mission/day mining will only get you enough for basic ships or supplies. The silver lining is evading some pirates or blowing one to smithereens, or creating a corp where you conquer some 0.0 space and start making stuff for war.
-Wars in eve are really wars. Thousands against thousands. I was once in a fleet of 250 who went out in mass to take over some low security space. By now that number is far smaller than whatever the largest fleet was/is.
-Eve is wildly addictive.

I love eve.

Here I am on der myspazenhousen.

Offline Endach

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Re: Eve-Online corp
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:49:17 pm »
I've been on a bit of a break from Eve, but I'm thinking about hoping back into the fray. I'll admit that I can't do much in the way of mining, though I can fit an Apoc with mining lasers. If you need someone to fly cap or scout I can do that no worries. Well, I can't fly through high sec until I improve my security status. Anyway, I have over 40 million skill points the vast majority of which are geared for PvP, but if anyone needs a hand with some mission running I'd love to lend a hand, or laser, or railgun, or missile, or autocanon.

My ingame name is Endach.. Imagine that. :)

Offline attrezzop

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Teh myspaze
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:56:42 pm »
I've been on a bit of a break from Eve, but I'm thinking about hoping back into the fray. I'll admit that I can't do much in the way of mining, though I can fit an Apoc with mining lasers. If you need someone to fly cap or scout I can do that no worries. Well, I can't fly through high sec until I improve my security status. Anyway, I have over 40 million skill points the vast majority of which are geared for PvP, but if anyone needs a hand with some mission running I'd love to lend a hand, or laser, or railgun, or missile, or autocanon.

My ingame name is Endach.. Imagine that. :)

Hah imagine that, Mine is "Attrezzo Pox" I wrote a PvP guide way, way back. No I still have my main, Attrezzo Pox, but I need a place to park my industrial character that is small and has access to 0.0. We used to sell space to miners all the time when Conquerable stations came into being and I'm looking for a corp like that. I just get tired of having my miner in alliances that are constantly getting war decs, pulls profitability wayyyy down. So, I need a corp that is small enough not to pull any serious attention.

Offline Endach

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 03:20:16 pm »
My account may still be active. I'll try logging in once I get home and add you to my buddy list in-game. What do you plan to do once you get some iskies? Galactic domination perhaps? I'm always up for pew-pew if the pilots I'm flying with are savvy and frosty.

Offline attrezzop

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Teh myspaze
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 04:00:31 pm »
My main is in Navy of XOC if you're interested in it. They're part of the Northern Coalition in Wildly Inappropriate alliance.
Msg Attrezzo Pox ingame and I'll get you info as I get it. I just started playing again so this corp is new to me. I haven't even moved all my stuff up to 0.0 yet.

Forgotten Heathen

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 07:47:09 pm »
Hi, new to the site, but I saw this post and thought I'd necro it.

I play Eve regularly, live in Yukon. I play with only a friend from Alaska, and we're only in high sec atm. But, we're mining fools, and we're on quite regularly. We've got a POS in Ammatar space, and are building a Providence frieghter ourselves atm. I mine in a Hulk, I have another hulk at, and another alt who has almost maxxed out Orca skills. We're highly experienced scanning characters and have a grav site or four for each other to mine daily.

We're not very experienced in PvP, but eventually plan on getting into it once we have a serious manufacturing business going. Currently we do about 500 mil a month in production.

Contact me ingame on Forgotten Heathen. Our corp name is Heretics Inc.