Author Topic: XBOX - XBOX 360 cross compatibility  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
XBOX - XBOX 360 cross compatibility
« on: August 11, 2008, 07:21:59 pm »
Just picked up H2 and Soul Calibur 2 for original XBOX and I am playing on an original XBOX. My question is ... Are the new 360 Live gamertags able to send me friend requests and vice versa from my old box to the new one?

Example: I'm playing on an XBOX and I want to play the haloz with TH3 R3LIGION who is on a 360, can I send him a FR or can he send me one?

I know that new live accounts aren't compatible on old xbox's so I had to ask.

The GT for mine is Jad3Storm (it's my darling wife who I love very much's account (happy Cools??) :))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:57:08 pm by Rislone »
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT: Taco Steeve
    • View Profile
Re: XBOX - XBOX 360 cross compatibility
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 08:23:02 pm »
i think you can send them and receive them because my friend has an original xbox and i added him onto my 360 so i dont think it should be a problem  :)
add me on live - gt - Taco Steeve
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on
WoW - Korialstrasz - TostadaTom 80 DK

Coolsvilla

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 09:55:59 pm »
You can send FR just fine because the tags are the same. You can also send invites just fine on the game. However, you don't access to any guide button functions (music, private chat, etc) and you can't listen or read messages sent from the 360.

Example- I'm on Halo 2 and you send me a message while you're playing SC4, I can't read it or listen to it until I get back on my 360 dashboard. I believe it works the other way too- you can't read Halo 2 messages unless you're on Halo 2.

-_- And don't say your woman. *sigh*

SuperSkidZ

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 10:06:04 pm »
Yeah it shouldnt be any problem.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 10:57:48 pm »
You can send FR just fine because the tags are the same. You can also send invites just fine on the game. However, you don't access to any guide button functions (music, private chat, etc) and you can't listen or read messages sent from the 360.

Example- I'm on Halo 2 and you send me a message while you're playing SC4, I can't read it or listen to it until I get back on my 360 dashboard. I believe it works the other way too- you can't read Halo 2 messages unless you're on Halo 2.

-_- And don't say your woman. *sigh*

Thank you Cools, that's probably the best answer I could have gotten. And I changed the original post :P
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Coolsvilla

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 12:16:53 am »
Yes I'm happy. ^_^