Author Topic: Google Chrome  (Read 10216 times)

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
Re: Google Chrome
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 04:12:45 pm »
So basically what your saying is you will just flow with whatever is mainstream, and not make your own opinion?

Basically, Im saying when it comes out with the mods I want, I will get it. That requires it to go mainstream.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 05:16:08 pm »
So basically what your saying is you will just flow with whatever is mainstream, and not make your own opinion?

Basically, Im saying when it comes out with the mods I want, I will get it. That requires it to go mainstream.

well unless people start using it then it wont go main stream and heres an idea why dont you just read up on programming and make them yourself or modify those from firefox...

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 05:20:43 pm »

well unless people start using it then it wont go main stream and heres an idea why dont you just read up on programming and make them yourself or modify those from firefox...

Mostly because I don't have the language recognition skills to be able to. Programming isnt something you just read up on. You have to learn a new language. I don't have the time to learn a new language. Do you have enough time to learn 3 languages at the same time?

DarkWraith56

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 05:26:26 pm »
lol i learned the cisco IOS enough of C++ and java to modify many games, IE, and mozilla addons in nearly a year

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 05:27:10 pm »
nearly a year

Instant gratification. It's the way of America.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 05:42:24 pm »

Google was the developers SE before any of you norm's got it :)

Google is way more simplistic, and has REVOLUTIONIZED the web world with it's offering.

Anything they have to offer - is worthy of discussion and review, because it's Google - providing SOLID and REDICULOUSLY GOOD products for years now.

Dogging Google just because they've been offering solutions isn't accepted from anyone imo :) lool.  But yea, if you hate Google, you better not even touch anything MS - they've been doing what Google has done, poorly, for many many more years.  If there is random hating on large corp's to be done, make sure your doing it properly and hating in the right order - MS >> Google for that kinda hate, if your gonna do it.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 05:44:49 pm »

Mostly because I don't have the language recognition skills to be able to. Programming isnt something you just read up on. You have to learn a new language. I don't have the time to learn a new language. Do you have enough time to learn 3 languages at the same time?

I never had that issue.   We use multiple languages here at work depending on what project we have going.  As old as ADA to Pascal to C# , and even Web based languages such as PHP, Perl, Java.  We even use Java for alot of our Sun applications for Radar monitoring.  So anyone can learn more than 3 Languages if they put there mind to it.  Im probably not the exact example to use as I got my Bachelors and Masters in a little over 4 years. 4 1/2 years to be exact.   While working a Full time 40hr a week job.  So there is plenty of time to learn. Its a matter of do you want to learn.

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 06:04:48 pm »
So there is plenty of time to learn. Its a matter of do you want to learn.

Maybe for you. I get around 30 min. on the computer. The rest of my internet time is either browsing on my iPhone, or playing Xbox. Baseball, school, and NHS take up a majority of my life.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 06:06:57 pm »
Maybe for you. I get around 30 min. on the computer. The rest of my internet time is either browsing on my iPhone, or playing Xbox. Baseball, school, and NHS take up a majority of my life.

lol no this is American why dont you drop a little bit of the Xbox time for it, that is what i did to become good with computers you have to read....Alot

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 06:48:46 pm »

So I know you spend more than 30 mins on the PC Else you wouldn't be on here all the time.  But Like I said if you wanted to learn it you would prioritize thing and it would happen.

Offline SPRTN SnprSlick

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • SPRTNGaming
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 07:07:50 pm »

So I know you spend more than 30 mins on the PC Else you wouldn't be on here all the time.  But Like I said if you wanted to learn it you would prioritize thing and it would happen.
Right now, I'm writing a report for english and periodically checking the internet. Dual monitors help quite a bit.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 07:10:03 pm »

Dual monitors help quite a bit.

i can agree with that statement

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 08:09:20 pm »
Yeah, tried it out and haven't played with it nearly enough, but I did notice the speed which was nice. Also the strange thing was the lack of a "home" button. All in all it is pretty nice, but still going to have to go with my firefox for now.

Ya without a home button its prety jacked up.
I meen Honestly, Who is going to kick Back 50,000 Times untill they get home.
But i guess you can always just type it in on your Adress.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 08:27:19 pm »
Yeah, tried it out and haven't played with it nearly enough, but I did notice the speed which was nice. Also the strange thing was the lack of a "home" button. All in all it is pretty nice, but still going to have to go with my firefox for now.

LOL did you not read my reply.  There is a Home button you have to Enable it in the option menu.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:32:27 pm by furyswrath »

Offline Sk8_to_die

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 08:38:16 pm »

LOL did you not read my reply.  There is a Home button you have to Enable it in the option menu.

Sorry dude, Must of Skimmed over it.