Author Topic: Tulsa/Jenks - 4th Funhouse Soul Calibur 4 / SSBB ($100+) Monthly - 01/04/09  (Read 17544 times)

Offline Synesthesia

• Startin' Out
  • Man I got these cheeseburgers, man.
    • View Profile
I did better than I expected I would  ???

Offline Zinth

• Familiar Face
  • Dancing Mad
    • View Profile
Fun tournament, I need to get out to Tulsa to play more often.

Want to see the results :)
*_.-:[Zinth]:-._*

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Yea, yea, with no internet there, I can't just post immediately, and take down, cleanup etc takes time.

Anyway - good seeing everyone!  Especially good for some new Norman faces, as well as some new locals, and of course the TX SC players!

SC4 results -

1: LinkRKC
2: Michael Jackson
3: Fuzion
4: AlphaMale
5: X A
5: RdotNadal
7: Sir Tony
7: Animefreak
9: RaidenWins
9: SweetBeard
9: BNS
9: Darkwraith
13: JoshuaRosario
13: DeathBurrito
13: Youngrl14
13: StuntMidget
17: Dr X
17: Morgon
17: Mr Dale

SSBB 1v1 results -

1: KOS-MOS
2: THieN
3: ChuckNasty
4: Typ Ex
5: Afrotastic
5: FK
7: Zax
7: Zinth
9: ReaperFan
9: Garron
9: FattyFatFatso
9: Kyle
13: X A
13: Tommy
13: 999%
13: Morgon
17: Bees
17: Darkwraith
17: RobertDunning
17: Wes
17: Po Pimpus
17: Link
17: Hugs
17: AlexG
25: Fling
25: Animefreak
25: Oni
25: TadB
25: Bobo2
25: AlexFord
25: Adam
25: GarrettGriffin

--

Hope to see alot of you out at the 1-17 Joe Momma's tournament for 2v2 SSBB, and SC4.  After that, Mustang OK is the place to be Jan 24th!!  Info on both events are on the forums, so just read up there.

Remember - 2v2 is part of the SSBB Nationals event, so OK needs to start practicing up!!

--

A note on Monthlies.  I've been asked how long we'll continue to do them, and of course what about Feb 1st, as it's evidently Super Bowl Sunday.

Next Monthly - unless someone knows of any conflicts, we'll push it back to 2-8-09.

Continuing - as long as there is interest and hardware brought to the events, venues willing to host, and I've got "staff" and volunteers to help out, I'll keep it up.  It's not too much to sacrifice for the community, and improving OK when it comes to time; however the one thing that WILL kill off my interest in Monthlies - doing all the work, lol - I spent over a year during OKgamers initial year series of montlies setting up hardware and alot of the grunt work, and frankly that's about the only thing I am burnt out on.  Other than setup and take down, I typically only enter one tournament unless something comes up, and at which point I rely on volunteers.  This time around I said I'd play in both so Crazd is to be thanked - without him we really didn't have any staff to run the tournament brackets, of course other than Hanson's help, which is always appreciated.  Had Crazd not been there to take care of the brackets, I'd have been way more stressed out.

So - I guess as long as you guys are showing up with hardware, we don't get kicked out of a venue, and I keep having people volunteer to help, I'm good to go.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Zinth

• Familiar Face
  • Dancing Mad
    • View Profile
I'm really glad the Tulsa scene picked up Brawl, it's fun going there for tournaments.
*_.-:[Zinth]:-._*

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
hecks ya I totally dominated SC.....oh wait that must've been a dream...

King_Gt

Sorry about not bringing my lil broken down tv...
It's fixed now btw lol
There was a problem with the power supply.

Offline Synesthesia

• Startin' Out
  • Man I got these cheeseburgers, man.
    • View Profile
so Im not the worst, thats good.

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
I had a grand 'ol time and appreciate everyone traveling in for this surprisingly good monthly.

Linkrkc

Good times seeing everyone.

Darkwraith, you almost had me in our match.  I didn't expect you to read me so well so quickly.  I wanted to play you some more, but we had already stayed far later than we should have.

X_A, this was another well run event, all things considered.  We definitely need to play some next time we're at the same place.

Fuzion, MJ, I'll probably catch you guys in Flashchat, so I'll just say good games and "getting Hilde'd" is going to become a permanent part of my vocabulary.

No props to the Oklahoma highway system for costing me about $10 in tolls one way.  The roads aren't even kept up that well!

DarkWraith56

Good times seeing everyone.

Darkwraith, you almost had me in our match.  I didn't expect you to read me so well so quickly.  I wanted to play you some more, but we had already stayed far later than we should have.

X_A, this was another well run event, all things considered.  We definitely need to play some next time we're at the same place.

Fuzion, MJ, I'll probably catch you guys in Flashchat, so I'll just say good games and "getting Hilde'd" is going to become a permanent part of my vocabulary.

No props to the Oklahoma highway system for costing me about $10 in tolls one way.  The roads aren't even kept up that well!

Thanks for that i just have a really hard time mixing up because i havent throwed that much of a variety of moves in there but i would definitley be interested in playing some more if your ever back in town.

Offline po pimpus

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Well, Po had a great time, despite a less-than-stellar showing in the bracket, but that will change VERY shortly. Keep on Smashing, Tulsa! You guys got a lot of potential, and I'll be back sooner than you think, so BE READY!

Also, I know you're reading this thread: VEGAFUSE! COME BACK TO SMASH!! WE NEED YOUR SANDBAGGING WAYS!!!

Offline Typ_EX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
If there is an asian version of vegafuse's actual name, ill pick up his ways.

Offline Raidenwins

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Yeah, good tournament, and getting Hilde'd out was definitely not fun. I did want to play some casual matches with pretty much everybody, mostly Link and his bros, and MJ, but I had to run back to Norman to go to bed cause I had to get up early for work.

I am definitely going to the Mustang tourney (provided they have a PS3). Hope to see all of you there.

AnimeFreak, your Kilik was impressive. We have to play online.

X_A, good job on organizing the event, yet again. Just one suggestion, since SC IV is now on multiple consoles, tournament announcements should clearly specify (when possible) what console the game will be played on.

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
I'm going to bring a PS3 and a monitor for the Plasma Burn tourney, so we will have at least one PS3 there up and running.

Its_Zax_Yo

Good games everyone, i love playing the Norman guys. I'm mad the person who knocked me out (Beside Hanson) was from tulsa, not only that but FRO! Damned timers manz. I'm by no means done though, i'm coming back 3rd place, i'll tell ya what.