Author Topic: Oklahoma World Of Warcraft Guild ? Part 2 w/ Poll  (Read 10714 times)

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Oklahoma World Of Warcraft Guild ? Part 2 w/ Poll
« on: December 31, 2008, 01:24:32 pm »
Ok so here it is part 2 to the  WoW Guild in Oklahoma. 

A little history:

I used to run one of the largest guild on the Icecrown server little over a year ago before we all got burnt out and quit during the release of BC. We have close to 250 Main toons in the guild and ran Multiple Raids at once.  The guild was called Sacred Rites,  I Still own all the names and still have access to alot of the software I used to make the site run with WoW.   

The name can be anything  We can called it OkGamers Guild,  Plasma Burn,  ♥♥♥♥♥ We could even advertise for Lorien LOL call it Played to Death.  :) naww i think thats against WoW ToA to do that..   anyways

My Vote will be this.    I currently have a toon im leveling up on Azuremyst Horde side (PVE)  Level 20  I really do not wanna start from the beginning again on another server, and Neither does my Wife.     So having said that and Im going to organize that we can do 1 of 2 things.  I do have a 64 Warlock on Icecrown Alliance.  That id be willing to transfer to another server but I really rather play horde and a different toon.

so providing the out come of this poll we will have to options

1.  Everyone either transfers or re-rolls on Azuremysts Horde (PVE)
2.  We pick a server Alliance wise and I move my Warlock. (Really dont want to but will if the interest is there)

The only rule for this guild will be  Oklahoman's By Oklahoman's   / at least 1 planned instance a week or bi-weekly (till we get numbers to do more)

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT: Taco Steeve
    • View Profile
Re: Oklahoma World Of Warcraft Guild ? Part 2 w/ Poll
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 03:11:27 pm »
im new to the whole WoW lingo so im gonna guess that re-roll a toon means make a new character, which i will do, but i wont transfer my main. i wouldnt be able to transfer my guy and use him anyway cause he is alliance
add me on live - gt - Taco Steeve
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on
WoW - Korialstrasz - TostadaTom 80 DK

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »
Let's please keep this going, I am going to see if I can get a few people that are not with OKGamers, but are Oklahomans to sign up.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.

Offline uNlimited

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • GT: Taco Steeve
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 05:32:13 pm »
oops when i voted i didnt see the im already on azuremyst server horder, wheres my invite? option so umm....wheres my invite? lol username is Tacosteeve
add me on live - gt - Taco Steeve
or on
myspace.com/taco_steeve
or on
WoW - Korialstrasz - TostadaTom 80 DK

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 06:10:51 pm »
Let's please keep this going, I am going to see if I can get a few people that are not with OKGamers, but are Oklahomans to sign up.

Id love to keep it going.  Thats why i posted the poll. I wish i could convince my cousin and her boyfriends guild to open it up.  but he wants to keep a small guild..  dont blame him those are easiest to manage.

But ive been doing some talking business wise with a Blizzard / Activistion PR person.  Looking for a way to be sanctioned to have WoW PvP tournaments. And I think having an Oklahoma Guild that is well organized can help bringing that feature to us here in Oklahoma.  

But if it doesnt bring it. At least we will have a good group of friends and competitors.  And keep in mind that if we "are" able to get this guild together that Its for the Oklahoma "Gamer"  and to give Oklahoma Gamers some more spotlight in the MMORPG area.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 06:21:16 pm »
oops when i voted i didnt see the im already on azuremyst server horder, wheres my invite? option so umm....wheres my invite? lol username is Tacosteeve

Im not going to form a guild until we have a good set of members.   I want enough at least to sign a guild charter thats committed to this. I dont want to put forth all this effort and then no one participates.

So Invites will start once we have a good firm count of commited people.

If you are on Azuremyst Horde.  add..  Furyswrath to your friends list or send me in game mail letting me know who you are. once i have what is it? 10 people to do a charter?  then I will commit and start.

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 11:28:52 pm »
So I tried to download WoW the other day off the internet.  After it finished it first said updated the launcher, then once I tried to start up WoW it said something like "launcher must be in the same folder as the game" and wouldn't launch it.  I've tried all I can think of, but I had no luck.  Any ideas?

If I can get WoW to work again, ill start up a new toon on this server.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 02:49:03 am »
So I tried to download WoW the other day off the internet.  After it finished it first said updated the launcher, then once I tried to start up WoW it said something like "launcher must be in the same folder as the game" and wouldn't launch it.  I've tried all I can think of, but I had no luck.  Any ideas?

If I can get WoW to work again, ill start up a new toon on this server.

Double check your paths? make sure the launcher executable is in the installed wow folder.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 04:11:45 pm »
will let the poll go a few more days.  But its looking more like this isnt going to happen unless you all have some friends that dont visit okgamers. which if you do great make sure they visit okgamers..  and get them to an Oklahoma guild.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 05:53:50 pm »
Still trying to get a few guys signed up. One is looking at coming back to WoW after a year and a half hiatus and the other I am trying to get to come over from another server.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 08:54:21 pm »
Still trying to get a few guys signed up. One is looking at coming back to WoW after a year and a half hiatus and the other I am trying to get to come over from another server.

yea he is in the same shoe i was in.  been gone a long time.   but ive already gotten my toon to 24 dont wanna stop now.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 08:58:27 pm »
Here is another thought?  I know there is alot of  wow websites out there.   But rather than doing a WoW guild. why dont we have a little Okgamer WoW community/group?   call it..  OkWoW.com  lol or something to that effect..  and maybe even make some pvp event for those in the same battle groups of servers..   just an idea thought since not many are interested in the Okgamer guild thing.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 04:29:24 pm »
Here is another thought?  I know there is alot of  wow websites out there.   But rather than doing a WoW guild. why dont we have a little Okgamer WoW community/group?   call it..  OkWoW.com  lol or something to that effect..  and maybe even make some pvp event for those in the same battle groups of servers..   just an idea thought since not many are interested in the Okgamer guild thing.

That's always a possibility.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »
so ive decided not to do the guild now.

And Once the tournament on the 24th is over Im going to be looking hot and heavy into a Oklahoma WoW community.  The more support we can show Blizzard that Oklahoma is serious about WoW just as we are on other games that will Help Me and other game type centers / businesses to bring big game products here Like being able to host WoW PvP tournaments.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 02:13:01 pm »
Well I am back on WoW. I can make a toon on Azuremyst if you need someone to hang with.