Author Topic: Halo 3 ODST - it's out, what are your thoughts?? Any good?  (Read 5302 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Halo 3 ODST - it's out, what are your thoughts?? Any good?
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:03:33 pm »

Okay guys - it's been out for long enough - someone spill!  Is it any good!  Should casual gamers, and OKgamers even notice or care about it?

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
Re: Halo 3 ODST - it's out, what are your thoughts?? Any good?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 01:34:24 pm »
NAMU!!!

i got word that it blew.... but here in morris/okmulgee area there are no real halo players here... we're all into CoD but yea anyway... i've been more of a spokes person of the area.... so yea, HALO SUCKS

DarkWraith56

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 02:34:07 pm »
hmm i havent had a chance to play it through on legendary, but i think it will be hard as ♥♥♥♥♥ on legendary because of lack of ammo. But i think it was a very average game honestly not to much fun though, i have fun on fire fight mode, and hunters do nothing but absolutely annoy the everliving ♥♥♥♥♥ out of me because they do not die, because there isnt enough freaking ammo. thats what i think though hahaha

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:36:58 pm »
eh...honestly unless your into the halo series i wouldnt even think about picking it up. nothing really new and different from any other game. Firefight is like, to me at least, a less fun version of Horde mode and the campaign is really not all that fun or exciting. But if your a halo fan then Midship is reason enough to pick it up lol
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

xOBNx Zero

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 04:42:44 pm »
I haven't played it either but I do know gamestop is hosting a tourney on october 2 when I got the game for my brother so heres more info on it.  http://www.gamestop.com/gs/tournaments/h3o/default.aspx

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:08:19 pm »
Honestly only people saying it sucks doesn't have it.... its a really good game. I love it. Halo is the greatest next gen game of all time
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:08:44 pm »
I haven't played it either but I do know gamestop is hosting a tourney on october 2 when I got the game for my brother so heres more info on it.  http://www.gamestop.com/gs/tournaments/h3o/default.aspx

omg yes...

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 01:04:42 pm »
Hey this is great and all but... i'm concerned that half of the gamestops here wont do the tournament. I pray they do.. Sometimes they will say they are doing a tournament then when you go they said their doing it at a different store.. and another different store.... lets home it goes through that will be awesome.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 02:00:40 pm »
Hey this is great and all but... i'm concerned that half of the gamestops here wont do the tournament. I pray they do.. Sometimes they will say they are doing a tournament then when you go they said their doing it at a different store.. and another different store.... lets home it goes through that will be awesome.

Read the Flyer FTW Timmy ;)

here are all the Round 1 Game Stops in Oklahoma

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/tournaments/h3o/ODSTMeleeTourney_Round1.pdf

Goto Page 30 and there list all the Oklahoma stores for Round 1.  Quite a Few.  But not all of them..  Im Shocked to see my Local Mustang Store on there.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 02:19:54 am »

Read the Flyer FTW Timmy ;)

here are all the Round 1 Game Stops in Oklahoma

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/tournaments/h3o/ODSTMeleeTourney_Round1.pdf

Goto Page 30 and there list all the Oklahoma stores for Round 1.  Quite a Few.  But not all of them..  Im Shocked to see my Local Mustang Store on there.
I know I read it.. I read the one back for the Gears of War tournament. I read the one for NCAA Football. Something they dont pull through do to personnel.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Spawnkiller

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 04:13:43 pm »
The game is completely different from Halo 3. The jumping is close to that of a normal human and the nade throwing has been shortened a lot. But I think the game is fantastic in the light of the Halo story. And the game is not that bad on Lengendary. In fact all my friends I play with on the game agree that it is too easy on Legendary. Ammo is not that difficult to find, you just need to learn how to use covenant weaponary. (My favorite combo is the AutoMag and a Plasma Pistol). But for tournaments? I think Firefight might get a little old after a while. The same thing happens over and over. You might do a tourny to see how far each team can get and the one with the most points wins. But maybe a lot of people may find this to be boring. If there was a tournament.. I would attend but would not be surprise to see if there was not much people there to play. But always remember.. go for head shots but not if there is a shield.
May God have mercy on your video game character, cause I won't.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 02:05:29 am »

K, well roommate and I beat it on legendary as of a few minutes ago.

Game play is pretty solid, although it's OBVIOUS they didn't test some things as well as they should have - specifically visr during the day heh. 

I'm happy that I get 3 grenades?  But why didn't Master Cheif?

I'm happy that I can run at full tilt with a torrent?  But why didn't yea?  Why he so slow.

Other than that, I really think it'd help most players learn to use ammo and aim better - because learning the alien weapons or not - you need to aim fo teh hed lol.

I like the human touches, the changes to crouch walk, and the commentary.  And yes, it doesn't scale at all from what I can tell for 2 player lol.  NOW WE TALK ABOUT ANIME YES?  lool

"I'm RELOADING!"

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 05:05:55 pm »

K, well roommate and I beat it on legendary as of a few minutes ago.

Game play is pretty solid, although it's OBVIOUS they didn't test some things as well as they should have - specifically visr during the day heh. 

I'm happy that I get 3 grenades?  But why didn't Master Cheif?

I'm happy that I can run at full tilt with a torrent?  But why didn't yea?  Why he so slow.

Other than that, I really think it'd help most players learn to use ammo and aim better - because learning the alien weapons or not - you need to aim fo teh hed lol.

I like the human touches, the changes to crouch walk, and the commentary.  And yes, it doesn't scale at all from what I can tell for 2 player lol.  NOW WE TALK ABOUT ANIME YES?  lool

"I'm RELOADING!"

X A

Me and a couple people have come to a conclusion that the ODST only have leg press in their weight rooms.  That's why they can hold more grenades, the rest on his belt, which puts more weight onto his legs. Same goes with the turret, the got dem leg power. Master Chiefs one of those guys who just cares about how his arms look to get the ladies......

Anyone else wonder why that ♥♥♥♥♥ got the girl at the end and not the Rookie?  That's messed up.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 06:03:47 pm »
Thanks for that spoiler there AMPd.  >.> 

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 04:44:38 pm »
Thanks for that spoiler there AMPd.  >.> 
Trust me, play the game, that's not a spoiler at all

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony