Author Topic: Tulsa/OKC - Best Buy COD Modern Warfare 2 tourny, FREE STUFF & more! - 11/09  (Read 14179 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

EVENT OVER - go here for aftermath, etc:
http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2649.msg33240.html#msg33240

-- OLD INFO --

Tulsa, then OKC info:

--
OKgamers.com and the Tulsa Best Buy 71st and Hwy 169 (store 221) team up to promote the AWESOMENESS THAT IS -

Best Buy's Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2:
 - MIDNIGHT RELEASE!  (oh... AND 10$ [email protected]#)
 - TOURNAMENT TO WIN FREE A FREE COPY OF MW2 AND AWESOME SWAG AND FREE 2012 TICKETS!! AND GO ON THE BEST BUY GAMING CUP (of dooooom!)
 - BEAT THE MARINES, WIN A PRIZES?!

STARTS AT 9pm!  BE THERE ON TIME TO REGISTER FOR THE FREE TOURNAMENT!

Where?
Best Buy
10303 E 71st St, Tulsa, OK 74133
GOOGLE MAPS LINK
(918) 250-6819‎

When?
Monday the 9th, 9pm!

Marines?
 - Come out and face our some of our local Marine Squadron as they play all night giving you a chance to win swag and [email protected]

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - TOURNAMENT!
Join the Free-for-all tournament for free!  Maps will be randomly chosen. When a player is defeated, they will yield the controller to the next bracket of players. Once all brackets in the ties are completed, we will take a fifteen minute intermission before beginning the next tier until a champion is decided. At midnight we will also begin the release of the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. We hope to see you there!

COST - FREE ENTRY!

PRIZES
1st place - A copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 AND Player's name engraved on the Best Buy Gaming Cup to be displayed in the store
2nd Place, 3rd Place, and 4th Place: 1 (one) COD Prize Kit each (High enough attendance?  More prizes!)

Tournament Rules:
1.   Players must be AT LEAST 17 YEARS OLD TO PARTICIPATE WHICH WILL BE VERIFIED WITH PICTURE ID ON DAY OF TOURNAMENT.
2.   Players will be courteous toward each other and other customers/Best Buy staff (IE No cursing, fighting, poor sportsmanship).  We don't expect you to not talk smack; we just ask that for the comfort of our customers you keep it clean.
3.   Personal Gamer profiles/Equipment ARE NOT allowed.  You will be playing on a generic profile for the duration of the tournament, with controllers provided for you to use.
4.   Best Buy employees, or relative/domestic partners of Best Buy employees WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
5.   We will be taking the entries on a first come, first serve basis; you may sign up at the 71st and HWY 169 Best Buy.  Limited entries available.
6.   We will proceed on a bracket system throughout the event; seeds will be determined by random drawing on the day of the event. YOU MAY NOT SWITCH YOUR SEED WITH ANOTHER PLAYER.
7.   Kick off of the first games will take place @ 9:00 pm SHARP. Late Players will be given a 5 minute window to take their positions @ the game stations; IF YOU DO NOT ARRIVE BY THE END OF THE FIVE MINUTE WINDOW, YOU WILL EITHER BE REPLACED (in the first round of play) OR YOU WILL FORFIET (Tier 2 and above). WE WILL NOT CONTACT YOU IF YOU FAIL TO SHOW UP.
8.   Players are not to knowingly or willfully damage the property of Best Buy or of any other players/customers. (IE: No throwing your controller in a fit of rage when you get sniped and lose by 1 point at the end of the match)
--

NEED TO BUY THE GAME?  BORED WAITING TILL 12am?  OH NO YOUR NOT!
Well, if you lose in the tournament, you'll spend the rest of the night in either free play "Some of the Best COD players in OK!" - brought out by OKgamers.com!

When your not playing in the tournament or free play, your taking your turns trying to take the Marines down for COD T-Shirts, rights to touch the HUMVEE?, and prizes!!  And OKgamer's FREE TICKETS to 2012!!

BUYING THE GAME - NO NEED TO PRE-ORDER HERE! - FREE MONEY?!!
That's right - Best Buy has plenty of games - no need to order - just come on out and have [email protected]#
(PLENTY OF 360!  PS3!  PC!)

BUY THE GAME - 10$ FREE?
Yup!  All you have to do is buy a copy of the game, have a Reward Zone account, and you get a 10$ gift card FOR FREE!  (Not a member, it's free!  So, FREE MONEY!)

SO - what are you doing Monday COD'ers?  OKgamers fanboys?!  OKgamers [email protected]#

Monday night at 9pm - Join OKgamers as we kick off this Midnight Release at Best Buy Right!#

--

LIVE IN OKC - Best Buy North in OKC will have a Midnight release as well!  OKgamers staff will be out there sharing OKgamers info, and GIVING AWAY FREE TICKETS TO 2012!  First come first served though!

Best Buy
5801 N May Ave
Centennial Plaza Shopping Ctr
OKC 73112

Come out and join us for free 2012 tickets, OKgamers info!
Buying CoD MW2 - then you get a free 10$ gift card!! YAY FREE STUFF!
(Sorry, no Marines or tournament this time around, give us a chance to make the Tulsa one and this turn out in OKC big, and we'll see where we go from there!!)

ON FACEBOOK?  JOIN THE EVENT AND SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205224389831&ref=mf

X A

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:09:21 am by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
You're really trying to get my rusty CoD4 bum to play in the tournament aren't you?  Gawd.  Can't friggin wait.  This is going to be awesome on so many levels. 

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
i might have to show up... lol
i've got a friend who will be happy to come...

just a quick question does the 10$ card have to be used on CoD?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
This will be fun.. We HAVE TO pass out okgamers.com flyers
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:15:19 pm by Timmy Skorcher »
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Are you sure on this? Best Buy told me two months ago that they dont like to do events during the holidays? But then again they need to cuz gamestop is killing them in pre orders! This will be fun.. We HAVE TO pass out okgamers.com flyers
Yeah, we're pretty sure on this :) 

Offline MistahBiggTime

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
The Tulsa store on 71st and 169 is having the tournament and midnight release.  The OKC North store is just having a midnight release.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
what store is doing the tournament
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Crazd

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
what store is doing the tournament

Where?
Best Buy
10303 E 71st St, Tulsa, OK 74133
GOOGLE MAPS LINK
(918) 250-6819‎

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

TO THE OKGAMERS HARDCORE - We've got 10+ Best Buy types and their friends?  Who have THROWN DOWN and said THEY WILL BEAT YOU.

So yea.  No pressure, but if you don't show up and your local, you'll make us look like losers :)  You don't want Saif defending your FPS honor ;)

Please, spread the word - where else are you going to get 10$ JUST FOR BUYING THE GAME!  That makes it 50$ [email protected]#  (Or 70, or 140 depending on what version your buying lol.)

i might have to show up... lol
i've got a friend who will be happy to come...

just a quick question does the 10$ card have to be used on CoD?

FLIP - you should definitely come out, drag your friends lol.

You get the 10$ card when you buy COD, so unless I misunderstood, you get it after you buy it, not before.  And it's just a BB  giftcard, so you can use it for whatever!

OKGAMERS - Best Buy has THROWN DOWN - what say you?
(uhhh... and uh..  Let's not count out the MARINES who are also REALLY GOING TO BE GOOD!~?)

CAN YOUR 3 BEST FRIENDS BEAT THE MARINES?  SHOW UP AND TRY, WE ALL WANT TO KNOW :)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

Less than 24 hours away!  Confirmations from some of the best COD players we know - that they'll be there!  Good times!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
check this, i might go to this. WHY?!? Because i'm bored and would like to see people get ANGRY at losing and others ANGRY at losing even worse (which includes myself)

so i can almost gurantee i'll hare more fun here than most people going

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
I said I wasnt going to go on the facebook thing, but I think im going to go anyways. I already pre-ordered at Gamestop, but I figured I can see if my now extrememly rusty self can even come close to my old self. So yeah count me in I guess.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
I said I wasnt going to go on the facebook thing, but I think im going to go anyways. I already pre-ordered at Gamestop, but I figured I can see if my now extrememly rusty self can even come close to my old self. So yeah count me in I guess.

Counted - if you aren't total trash, I'll throw you on the official "Best of OK from OKgamers" list ;)

Speaking of the event - it's lining up to be [email protected]#

Spoke with Best Buy just now - they are literally prepared to put out AS MANY UNITS AS IT TAKES to support freeplay and Marines, etc.  SO GUYS - big or small, this'll be good times!!

Oh - and by the way?  They have OVER 1000 COPIES.  ONCE AGAIN - if you didn't pre-order?  If your friend didn't pre-order?  IT DOESN'T MATTER - THEY'VE GOT PLENTY OF STOCK!!!!  And plenty of those FREE 10$ gift cards!!

We'll see you guys at 9pm! 

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
I'll throw you on the official "Best of OK from OKgamers" list ;)

Yay! By the way, who is actually on that list?

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

LESS THAN 2 [email protected]#[email protected]#

I'll throw you on the official "Best of OK from OKgamers" list ;)

Yay! By the way, who is actually on that list?

The Some of the Best list?  Well, you had a spot early on saying you were sponsored :)

MPM aka Mason aka the best Darkwraith has ever seen, which means = on the list.

Several you won't know, and then several that are popular for Halo - like Smooth Ocean and Co.

Don't worry - you'll see them tonight :)

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals