Author Topic: Tulsa - THE LAST THROW DOWN of 09: SSBB, SF4, Tekken 6, BlazBlue - 12/13/09  (Read 42264 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: Tulsa - THE LAST THROW DOWN of 09: SSBB, SF4, Tekken 6, BlazBlue - 12/13/09
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2009, 05:47:30 am »
Whos MK?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2009, 07:36:51 pm »
I mainly just wanted advice for playing him not to bash the Tier system, there was no need to rant that long about it. Maybe I just don't know how these boards work, sorry for any trouble.

Tiamoko - it's a online forum, like any else - people will take things the wrong way, be in bad moods, or just hide behind it's anonymity.  A COOL thing about OKgamers - we find the real trolls REAL FAST - as well, this is a unique setup - it's a online forum for a state, and if your not showing up to any event ever, well, one begins to be easily picked out :)  (Not to say anyone on here is a troll,  this is really just turning into another rant lool)

Anyway - totally makes sense to want to silence the tier bashers before hand, and I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, as much as just went on a tier rant - sorry, been a hard week :)  No offense meant on my part at least!!  As for 'a way the boards work' - it's a forum with some thread title rules in competition forums, that's about the only thing truly different :)

PhLo - awesome, thanks for sharing!

Po - I like you man :)

Anyway, never think that anyone, at least Tulsa types I know, are really "calling Norman out" when it comes to not showing up - it happens.  However, as the larger and more active group in OK, we expect you guys to show at larger events outta competition if nothing else, and that we want it :)   With 1/23 I want you to please make as much of an effort as possible, and encourage the other locals as well - because we've been touting it as "the best of OK" showing up, and don't want to disappoint if at all possible.

Norman being "mean" - I know personally it's only seems to be a few with this confusing attitude of hacking away at their own competition, local groups, etc.  I've got ZERO grudge against anyone down there - I think some perspectives of a retiree and more so, his lead hypeman got skewed after they threw any other Smash event and coordinator in OK other than OHSNAP under the bus as "not existing"; which I will admit was a turning point in the way I think of promotion with gamers - but not something I hate over.

Every time I've been round you Po?  It's been fun.  I plan on destroying that Luigi next time I see it :)   As for others, I've hung out with different Norman and OKC types at events, anime conventions - etc.  And had good times.  It's really only stuff with Yawara and Tom that seem to blow up, and that is even more confusing, because IRL, they always seem nice, etc.  Like I brought up earlier, I know I caused some drama early on on the Smashboards playing devils advocate, and to be honest it's so long ago I'd forgotten lool.  But, other than that, I'd like to hope I've put in good things, not bad, into the local Smash community - and appreciate any promotion of OKgamers and backing you've done, it all helps.

MK?  Seems to be around to stay, at least for a while.  I'm given the perspective TX is almost all MK, lool.  So?  I WELCOME and THANK Josh for playing a serious Metaknight - it only makes the Tulsa community better for it, and rivals Norman and the rest of OK to do the same.  If you can't beat them, join them.  If we can't ban MK, learn the matchup so well that you eliminate the win button, and make it a real battle once more.

In the end?  I think all the drama comes from misplacing competitive feelings, especially from the younger gamers.  WE ARE ALL OUR OWN COMMUNITY - sure we compete, but if you start taking the hate outta the game and start putting it on your locals, and into real life with people?  You'll lose your competition, and literally erode the ground from out beneath you.

Some fighting gamers are new to local gamer "community" and logic; I am not, 10+ years logged and counting.  Hate only destroys what you have; mud slinging only removes the ground your standing on.  Any grudge holding only splits and eventually erases individuals; then groups, and then communities as a whole.  It's just not worth it.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2009, 09:15:34 pm »
I believe it's far easier and MUCH betterfor the world of Smash if everyone just played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2009, 04:56:49 pm »
Im mad I couldnt come watch this event :-\
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2009, 11:24:57 pm »

LITTLE DO YOU KNOW:

At 1/23 - we will discuss having a low tier event. UH OES. 

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2009, 10:30:46 pm »

LITTLE DO YOU KNOW:

At 1/23 - we will discuss having a low tier event. UH OES. 

X A

OH YEAH

What would be considered low tier? D-F?