Author Topic: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat  (Read 223800 times)

Offline kmac415

• Startin' Out
  • The man, the plan, the myth
    • View Profile
    • The hangout
Re: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat
« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2010, 09:52:18 am »
Hey all,
     Well, if you want to look at this a certain way, I guess you could say that I am a gamer in training.  I have always been a PS2 game fan, and now that I got a PSP, let the good times roll.

My name is Kima, and Saif, I know this is a long time comin, I am usually so busy that I couldn't sit down and play, that's where the PSP comes in, if you all have some ideas for games to try, hit me up. I am mostly in to action RPG's , shooters, sports (football, basketball, and golf, I have played Panya for a while now) And my user name speaks for itself, the "415" is the area code I was raised in.

See you in game,
One sword to rule them all...............

Offline DuckDuckDuck

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 25, 2010, 01:37:49 am »
Just wanted to give a proper first post/introduction.  I go by triple duck or duck or bird or some variant.  though I love RPG's on consoles and real life board/card games, I've not played a table-top RPG in so long I don't even really know how anymore. :)  I think I'd like to start getting in on some D&D or something, but frankly I'm so long out of it I'm definitely a newbie.  I ended up picking up the players handbook for 4.0 and started working on a character as a kind of learning exercise. 

Mostly, I'm just wanting to see what's going on in Oklahoma (more specifically in Tulsa or surrounding areas), and see if perhaps I can find some people to hang out with and learn from.

Offline Sahlah

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Startin' Out
  • Well behaved women rarely make history!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2010, 11:02:30 pm »
Hi guys!  I am Brett or Sahlah or whatever other names I get called.  Some of them not so nice.  I have been doing table top for longer then I will admit.  Console and PC gaming longer then most people.  I am not fantastic at it.  I am considered a casual gamer and I am ok with that.  I don't have time for anything more then that.  I love organizing events and helping other people out.  I enjoy watching someone have fun because of something I was able to do for them just as much as me having fun myself.

Offline DaishoChikara

• OKgamers Supporters
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2010, 09:49:37 am »
Howdy OKGamers!

I'm Geoff, aka DaishoChikara, or just Daisho for short.  My name translates from Japanese as "Two Powerful Swords".  The daisho, for anyone who cares, is the pair of long and short swords carried by samurai.  I could wax eloquent on here about why I chose it, but suffice to say it fits me.

I live in Tulsa, OK, and am mostly a PC gamer. I own an Xbox360 and play Halo 3 on it occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I used to play Halo 1 and 2.

On the PC, I play TF2, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3, Civilization 4, Starcraft (1), and I'm sure there's a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.  I love FPS and TBS.  RTS is fun too.  I also love RPGs.

Off the PC, I play just about every tabletop RPG known to man, and used to be big into tabletop wargaming.

I have organized tournaments for both tabletop and PC games, as well as did company support for tabletop wargames for a number of years.

When I'm not gaming, I'm either working as a PC Tech/Web Developer for a small company, or spending time at home with my wife (Sahlah, on here as well), and two kids.

Look forward to seeing y'all at events, and in my sights online!  ;-)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:51:52 am by DaishoChikara »
--Daisho
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daishochikara
Xfire: DaishoChikara

DarkWraith56

« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2010, 08:37:22 pm »
Howdy OKGamers!

I'm Geoff, aka DaishoChikara, or just Daisho for short.  My name translates from Japanese as "Two Powerful Swords".  The daisho, for anyone who cares, is the pair of long and short swords carried by samurai.  I could wax eloquent on here about why I chose it, but suffice to say it fits me.

I live in Tulsa, OK, and am mostly a PC gamer. I own an Xbox360 and play Halo 3 on it occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I used to play Halo 1 and 2.

On the PC, I play TF2, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3, Civilization 4, Starcraft (1), and I'm sure there's a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.  I love FPS and TBS.  RTS is fun too.  I also love RPGs.

Off the PC, I play just about every tabletop RPG known to man, and used to be big into tabletop wargaming.

I have organized tournaments for both tabletop and PC games, as well as did company support for tabletop wargames for a number of years.

When I'm not gaming, I'm either working as a PC Tech/Web Developer for a small company, or spending time at home with my wife (Sahlah, on here as well), and two kids.

Look forward to seeing y'all at events, and in my sights online!  ;-)

we dont take kindly to your types around here, PC gamers PFFFFFFFTTTTT.

Offline DaishoChikara

• OKgamers Supporters
  • learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:29 pm »
we dont take kindly to your types around here, PC gamers PFFFFFFFTTTTT.

Says the man who talks most about PC laning and gaming...  ;-)
--Daisho
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daishochikara
Xfire: DaishoChikara

DarkWraith56

« Reply #291 on: August 03, 2010, 12:13:39 am »
YOU BE QUIET!

SmokingUp82

« Reply #292 on: August 04, 2010, 04:02:21 am »
Howdy Everyone! I am moving to OK at the end of the month from FL. So I needed to find a place to get my game on!
My prefs are fighting games/RTS/MMORPGS/RPGS and FPS. I currently am focusing most of my gaming into Super
Street Fighter 4 as I wish to go pro in this. I just decided to surf the web and look for tournament active areas up there in OK.
This site looked pretty good so now your stuck with me!  ;D

Offline M1A2 Abrams

• Startin' Out
  • Lololololololololololololol
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21:38 am »
Yello people.

I'm an Okie through and through. Born, raised, and never even been out of the state!

Basically everytime I play an MMORPG my friends invite me to play I end up playing as the class they need, or going solo. And everytime a tank or healer is what's needed. So I took up the role of a tank. What better to name myself after? The U.S. Army Tank of Choice! The M1A2 Abrams. Better then what I used to use. "Bixby" So creative, right? /sarcasm

I started out on Ps1 worked up to Ps2 and got a Ps3. Hated it. Sold it. Bought a 360. Much more gamer friendly. I play Ps2 occasionally still, but mostly my 360. My GT is in my signature. Feel free to add me. I only play/have Multiplayer on BF 1943, GoW2 or L4D2. I can get my hands on my friends extra copy of Halo 3 though, if anyone wants to play.
I've pre-ordered the ♥♥♥♥♥ out of Halo Reach and Fallout New Vegas, if you like Fallout it is required by law you add me, or I will be forced to shoot you somehow...magically, through the internet. Don't question. Just obey.  :D

Sadly, I live in Bixby. So Tabletop gaming is out of the question, since I'm the only person I know who'd be interested in playing it, well me, and my sister, but pfft.

I just started WoW, I'm open to server suggestions, and prefer Paladin or Hunter. I don't care which side. I actually found this site by looking for an Okie WoW guild.

I am on MSN, or my 360 anytime I am awake, even if I'm out. So just hit me up/add me on MSN or 360 if you wanna play something, and I'll hit you back when I can. MSN is in my profile.
XBL: Disturbed0n3 That's: Disturbed(Zero)n3

I am also a n00b to WoW and am looking for a server with a decent amount of Okies, preferably enough for a guild.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2010, 04:01:56 pm »

Welcome guys!

DarkWraith - go to college.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

DarkWraith56

« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2010, 05:22:35 pm »

Welcome guys!

DarkWraith - go to college.

X A

hey, when i get to college i will have even more free time to spam you! bahahah

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2010, 11:02:30 pm »

no

DarkWraith56

« Reply #297 on: August 08, 2010, 07:54:00 am »

no

lol i wont be working nearly as many hours, so YES

Offline Nivose

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 21, 2010, 10:31:15 pm »
Eeeey! I'm "Nivose" of Norman. I'm currently attending OU as a Sophomore, and, well, I enjoy gaming. I'll spare you all my life's story and get to the point... I own a PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and DSi, though currently I'm indulging primarily in PC stuff, so make of that what you will! I tend to play WRPGS and Action/Adventures, though I've learned to enjoy multiplayer and MMOs over the years, including (but not limited to) TF2 and WoW. Recently, I've picked up Magic: The Gathering, as well, and I'm attempting to catch up on card mechanics and tournament deck strategies, with a goal of crafting a unique yet viable deck of my own.

If anyone's interested in chatting and grouping up with some other Norman/OU gamers, I'd love to talk about it! I tend not to disclose my personal information until actual group meet ups approach. In the meantime, I'll lurk.

New to site and seeking friendship with OU gamers!
Currently learning to play Magic: The Gathering

Offline ChiefJhanO

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: ChiefJhanO
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2010, 04:24:37 pm »
I'm Jhan pronounced john. I started playing games when I was 5. I mostly play fps, but I get into everything really. I am best at mw2, and I'm looking to find some cool people to play with