Author Topic: Midwest City - Brawl+Melee+(SSFIV?) - Izumicon - 11/13/10  (Read 5130 times)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
Re: Midwest City - Brawl+Melee+(SSFIV?) - Izumicon - 11/13/10
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 02:29:45 pm »
Yep! About 15 or so people that were only getting their feet wet in their first tourney. Hopefully they end up at smashboards and will participate in the future. 4 ppl from the Air Force Base will probably be joining Norman, 2 brawlers and 2 melee kids. Omega came out of arkansas, and we had a little girl participate, she won a few sets and her mother said she would be bringing her to future tournaments and any age appropriate smash fests.

Next time I do something at a convention or other non-gaming event, I want to have some email signups or other easy ways to direct people to smashboards, okgamers, shoryuken, animation society, and HxC sites...

Some sort of nexus facebook page might be good...idk what do you think?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 08:21:37 pm »
Yep! About 15 or so people that were only getting their feet wet in their first tourney. Hopefully they end up at smashboards and will participate in the future. 4 ppl from the Air Force Base will probably be joining Norman, 2 brawlers and 2 melee kids. Omega came out of arkansas, and we had a little girl participate, she won a few sets and her mother said she would be bringing her to future tournaments and any age appropriate smash fests.

Next time I do something at a convention or other non-gaming event, I want to have some email signups or other easy ways to direct people to smashboards, okgamers, shoryuken, animation society, and HxC sites...

Some sort of nexus facebook page might be good...idk what do you think?

Yea you are spot on.. but OKgamers does have a sort of nexus site on facebook. hxclancenter.com/league is trying to get people signed up so everyone knows where to find partners/teammates, teams, competition etc. We will talk soon
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 05:27:33 am »
lol - for the record Solidus I need to catch up with PM's, conversations, etc on here - give me the weekend, been a busy week...

...however on THIS subject? 
BEEN THERE - WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK THERE AGAIN??

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,6.0.html

Yea.  Topic 6.  lol 

We knew VERY early on that gamers in OK needed a Master List sorta deal.  Online and OK hasn't mixed for a long time.  I'd LOVE to build a resource like that on the site - and keep it updated.  When we redesign - I think we could actually do this a lot better - and should work it back into the design perhaps....

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!