Author Topic: Sapulpa - TECHCON 2012 (PC LAN, Halo/CoD, "Play the Pros" & Game Room) - 1/21/12  (Read 26497 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Reach 2v2

Gametype
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25705606&player=Xenization
Maps
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=MLG%20Gametypes
The kill limit will be set to 25 for this tournament.  The maps and gametype for this tournament must be downloaded from above and are not to be changed from their default state.
Maps (Should be downloaded from the link given above)
MLG Zealot v6
MLG Oasis v6
MLG Sanctuary v6.1
MLG The Pit v6.1
You forgot Countdown.

I thought everyone hates countdown.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
Reach 2v2

Gametype
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25705606&player=Xenization
Maps
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=MLG%20Gametypes
The kill limit will be set to 25 for this tournament.  The maps and gametype for this tournament must be downloaded from above and are not to be changed from their default state.
Maps (Should be downloaded from the link given above)
MLG Zealot v6
MLG Oasis v6
MLG Sanctuary v6.1
MLG The Pit v6.1
You forgot Countdown.

I thought everyone hates countdown.
"If you hate Countdown, you're one of them people no one likes."

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Is this the MW2 you are talking about us playing?
alteriw.net

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
One more thing... shouldn't the date on this topic say 1/21/12?

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
Is this the MW2 you are talking about us playing?
alteriw.net

Yes it is. I'm extremely familiar with the game files and it's worked out in the past. So I've already got a custom version ready with a couple offline dedi servers. If you bring your own rig, I'll have a quick self-install of it that BYO people will use. Simply install and join the server.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
One more thing... shouldn't the date on this topic say 1/21/12?

Yea it should.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Sonic Boom

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Concerning MW3, is that for PS3 players,  360 players, PC players, or any combination of the three?

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
Concerning MW3, is that for PS3 players,  360 players, PC players, or any combination of the three?

That is for the for the tournaments. They will be on 360. If enough people bring their own PS3 and want to play it, we have networks available.

There will most likely not be MW3 for PC. We will have a custom version of MW2 that will be on all of our free-play PCs and if you bring in your own rig, I'll give you a disk that has that version on it. Simply run and you're playing with everyone else on our servers.

Offline [email protected]

• Startin' Out
  • TECHCON 2012 Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TECH CON 2012
Alien Games Jenks will be running Warhammer 40k and World of Warcraft tcg demos for TECH CON 2012. The main event sponsored by Alien Games will be a Magic the Gathering draft, the entry fee will be $12. The entrants will receive 3 packs of product. The prize pool will consist of one booster pack per entrant in the tournament.

http://www.myaliengames.com/

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile

That is for the for the tournaments. They will be on 360. If enough people bring their own PS3 and want to play it, we have networks available.

There will most likely not be MW3 for PC. We will have a custom version of MW2 that will be on all of our free-play PCs and if you bring in your own rig, I'll give you a disk that has that version on it. Simply run and you're playing with everyone else on our servers.

How many preinstalled PCs are there? How well do they play games?
What games are installed on them?

What games will be available to participants to install?

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum

How many preinstalled PCs are there? How well do they play games?
What games are installed on them?

What games will be available to participants to install?

We have 24 of our PCs dedicated to free-play. 20 of them will have MW2 divided between 2 of our dedicated servers. The other 4 will be used for free-play WaW: Nazi Zombies.

Our free-play PCs play MW2 on 1680x1050 with highest settings around 100-120 frames per second.

Seeing as CoD:MW2 is THE freeplay game this year, we will only MW2 for people to install on their rigs. Maybe Nazi Zombies as well. We'll see. Any game you already have you're free to play. We can't supply internet connection but we can supply local networking. Just plug in and you're on.

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Will there be no internet connection at all for us to log in to steam and launch our games?

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
Will there be no internet connection at all for us to log in to steam and launch our games?

There is an open school wifi network. But we will most likely not have internet via the hardwire LAN.

Offline nstinson

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
hmmm, that sounds like it could be problematic for most games other than MW2 LAN

Offline nsa_xploit

• learned the ropes
  • TechCon Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • |NSA| Forum
hmmm, that sounds like it could be problematic for most games other than MW2 LAN

We understand that. It's the way we have done it in past years. We generally have just one or two featured games.

If we just put any games out there, we would end up with 2 people on this server, 4 on another, 1 on the other, and so on. We have it set up so the servers are full all the time. That's why when people bring in their own systems, we hand them a disk with said featured game on it.