Author Topic: Is There Any Interest In Virtua Fighter or other Semi-Realistic Fighters?  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Hahanotfunny

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
I still play Street Fighter Alpha on occasion, but I find most of my interest lies in more somewhat true to life fighters. Is there a chance Virtua Fighter or something like UFC would make an appearance at any of the local Tulsa Okgamer gatherings?

Offline compy286

• Familiar Face
  • "By the numbers, boys."
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Any Interest In Virtua Fighter or other Semi-Realistic Fighters?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:33:01 am »
I think that would be awesome to see either of those games, though I know more about virtua fighter than I do UFC.
Tulsa BarCraft - facebook.com/tulsabarcraft
Twitter - @BarCraftOK
Reddit - reddit.com/r/barcraftOK

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:35:53 pm »

VF has sporadic love - the problem is there is no local community to support a reason to have it at any events.  A new game could always change that; but until more than 8 people will show up for it at any given local gathering, it won't really get on the radar.

UFC / 'based on anything' fighting games - never seem to get taken seriously.  That said, Naruto fighting games have found love in Chicago, and DBZ in TX; so that rule isn't 100%.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline compy286

• Familiar Face
  • "By the numbers, boys."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:08 am »

VF has sporadic love - the problem is there is no local community to support a reason to have it at any events.  A new game could always change that; but until more than 8 people will show up for it at any given local gathering, it won't really get on the radar.

UFC / 'based on anything' fighting games - never seem to get taken seriously.  That said, Naruto fighting games have found love in Chicago, and DBZ in TX; so that rule isn't 100%.
X A

So true. There may be tons of people out there who play these games regularly but the amount of people who take them seriously enough to be competitive with them may be small. Not so sure, though I always love seeing other games in the spectrum.
Tulsa BarCraft - facebook.com/tulsabarcraft
Twitter - @BarCraftOK
Reddit - reddit.com/r/barcraftOK