Author Topic: Guitar Hero 3  (Read 18400 times)

Offline iwillkickurass

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Hero 3
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 01:25:35 am »
well unfortunately i'm a student at EOSC in wilburton. but if it were last year i would come up there and PWN! lol ;D

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 04:21:59 pm »
Yeah. Ben is freaking amazing at Guitar Hero. One of things I want to do, is just watch him play in person. That would be amazing. Not anyone else. Just him. Because he's NINE.
360 Live Gamertag: SulkiestSun

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 04:24:30 pm »
Hey there, not sure of your age, but we're having a GHII tournament in Glenpool a week from Saturday (that's Dec 8 for those of you without a calendar -- hehehe) that we're doing for people 6th through 12th grade, four skill levels....McAlester is not that far away, just went there for a FB game last Friday night myself.  Take a look at the tournament forum under GHII tournament -- we'd love to have all you McAlester GH studs come kick everyone's butts at our tournament!!  ♥♥♥♥♥, I don't care where anyone is from -- I'm in this for the money.   ;)

Susie

Not from McAlester. I'm from Broken Arrow.  ;D  Also, I'd love to bring my friend along, but, his mom's been sick lately, so, I'm not sure if he'll be able to come. Also, hopefully I'll still be able to come. I've come down with a cough. D=

Someone had already taken makosira and sira... Who the heck uses 'makosira' besides me? o_O

sandrewgy

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:32 am »
Oh no, not a COUGH.   ;)  j/k  I certainly hope you still get to come, too!!!  Can you give your friend a ride??  Seriously, we need you guys!!!!

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 09:09:18 pm »
Oh no, not a COUGH.   ;)  j/k  I certainly hope you still get to come, too!!!  Can you give your friend a ride??  Seriously, we need you guys!!!!

Yeah. But my sister was sick, and contagious until today, so you never know. ;) Anyway, the only reason I'm not sure if my friend can come or not, is because his mom has been sick for nearly a month or two. So, depending on if his mom is better or not, I'm not sure if he can. I'm feeling better to, so I'm still set.

sandrewgy

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 10:52:57 am »
What is your skill level?  I don't think you ever told me.  Hoping for a big showing the day of....pre-reg has been a little slow, but we're going forward regardless!!  Did you get your guitar working then?

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 05:59:49 am »
Expert. Because it's fun. xD

And yeah. I got a new guitar when I bought Guitar Hero III, so, I have one. My other one was impossible to fix, so, yeah. I'm looking foward to the tourney, no matter what the size may be. =D

EDIT: And just because I feel like saying it, I really wanna play some custom songs. o.O
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:38:33 am by makosira »

sandrewgy

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 11:54:06 am »
Custom songs?  esplaina, por favor.   :D

Hey if you will email me with your name I and contact info, I will go ahead and reserve a spot for you and you can just pay $10 at the door.  My email is [email protected]

Susie

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 05:34:23 pm »
Meh. Custom songs are  basically a hack, of sorts. Their are certain programs available on the net that help with changing the songs on Guitar Hero. It only works on the Playstation 2 though. Basically, you put the GH disc into one of the disc drives on your computer, burn the disc to a DVD disc of some kind, then open the DVD disc file in the programs, and edit. There are also plenty of custom songs out there as well.

However, I don't have access to any of these, nor a PS2 that can play burned DVD disc, so, I'm out of luck there. :D

But that's about it.

sandrewgy

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 09:21:26 pm »
Dang, wouldn't that be awesome.  One of my son's friends was telling me on Saturday that if you have a "mod" PS2 you can download any song and play it on GH2.  I'm not real interested in cracking open our PS2 to fiddle with it.  I know probably just enough to be dangerous.  hehe :) 

I got your email btw -- thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing you Saturday!!!

Susie

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2007, 06:08:53 am »
I know a website that has an idiot proof guide to getting custom songs. They just don't exactly tell you how to mod your playstation to actually play such songs. ^^; I'm sure I'd be able to figure out sometime, though.

And your welcome, again.

Edit: Here's a few custom song vids. xD There are tons on youtube.
Rock of Mages - Bang Camaro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqfDXxE_I4 (Because Bang Camaro is awesome. And so's the song.)
Desert Island - Cacophony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYiwZ0hgrzg
Concerto - Cacophony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Lp3rG22pM
Black Widow of La Porte - John 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFGGe8mO80c
Eve of Seduction - Symphony X http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdjWlCERLdU

There are others that I like much more,  but these are the one's that sprang to mind pretty fast.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:29:40 am by makosira »

Offline iwillkickurass

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2007, 12:49:13 pm »
ok do yall know anyone who can beat the freakin devil went down to georgia song on expert? not the battle but just the song. cuz i'm pretty sure its close to impossible.  :o

DarkWraith56

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 01:02:52 pm »
lol its really not that hard.....just got to play it a couple of times

Offline makosira

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
I'm pretty sure I'd be able to pass the song. I just don't have an Xbox 360 to get Xbox Live, just to get the songs. D= Which makes me sad.

Offline Rislone

• OKgamers T.O.
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: eighty8keyes
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 05:50:16 pm »
I've heard Devil was only available on PS2, so what your saying is that you can d/l it on Live? Sweetness.
GT: Eighty8keyes Haloez and anything else I might be playing.