Author Topic: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat  (Read 224073 times)

OKC FIN3ST

new to OKGamer.com
« Reply #210 on: January 01, 2009, 02:43:57 am »
whats up everyone i live in mustang okc and looking for more player from okc to play with everyone who reads this add me on xbl with a message that you read this and ill add you thanks

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
Re: new to OKGamer.com
« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2009, 02:50:13 am »
whats up everyone i live in mustang okc and looking for more player from okc to play with everyone who reads this add me on xbl with a message that you read this and ill add you thanks

Well welcome from mustang.  Im sure you may know about the big Tournament that will be in Mustang on the 24th :)   I am from Mustang myself.

OKC FIN3ST

« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2009, 03:15:09 am »
YEA I SAY IF LOOKS GOOD MAY GO CHECK IT OUT AND SEE WHATS IS ALL ABOUT

Offline Splity

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • "My life style, determines my death style"
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2009, 03:23:52 am »
Welcome to Okgamers man, You play any of the games listed on Furys tournament often?

OKC FIN3ST

« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2009, 02:43:00 pm »
i play mostly cod 4 and cod WaW but i see gears 2 so i may get that soon

johnnybob

Re: Get to know your OKgamers - First posts and New Chat
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2009, 11:11:14 pm »
Hey Dudes, Ive been searchin for a place that sells high end pc parts and water cooling stuff, besides gettin it from new egg, Ive been building PC for about 8 years now and every time I look for somethin like that it's no where around broken arrow or tulsa and I cant even find a website that sells that stuff in the big "OK City" either

Im gonna open up My own shop and build some inventory up and put an add in the Yellow pages that reads Johnny's Extreme PC

Ive already been running My buisness under that name so I think I'll stick with er'

I run My own FPS servers, to name 1 is COD 4 and waitin for the linux binaries to come out for COD World at War and will be openin 1 of those servers up as well

I started running game servers directly after RTCW Enemy Territory came out

Are there any other Extreme PC builders here? 8)

Errinys

« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2009, 11:15:04 pm »
Howdy, My name is Clarissa and I am a 25 year old gamer from Las Vegas I moved to Oklahoma to be with my know husband about 4 years ago. I play a good about of everything from Vegas 2 to Halo Mass Effect to Fallout 3 and Beautiful Katamari to Rock Band I love gaming and since I was a wee lass of 10 I have been in an unhealthy realtionship with some console or another. I work in an office in downtown Oklahoma City and live on the NW side of town. We currently only have an Xbox360 as far as next gens go but I still love to break out the ole NES, Dreamcast and PS2 when the mood hits us.  I am on Xbox Live as Erinnys at the moment and am looking forward to meeting all the awesome gamers out there.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2009, 11:57:32 pm »
Hey Dudes, Ive been searchin for a place that sells high end pc parts and water cooling stuff, besides gettin it from new egg, Ive been building PC for about 8 years now and every time I look for somethin like that it's no where around broken arrow or tulsa and I cant even find a website that sells that stuff in the big "OK City" either

Im gonna open up My own shop and build some inventory up and put an add in the Yellow pages that reads Johnny's Extreme PC

Ive already been running My buisness under that name so I think I'll stick with er'

I run My own FPS servers, to name 1 is COD 4 and waitin for the linux binaries to come out for COD World at War and will be openin 1 of those servers up as well

Yes PM me.  Our location will be opening "HOPEFULLY" this summer.

Offline attrezzop

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Teh myspaze
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2009, 07:42:33 am »

If you can't wait you might try AllPro in Tulsa, I know they used to do gaming builds, not extreme usually but I don't think there's much money in it right now. Honestly, I've tried a bit of that local but I always end up going back to the internet.

I'm an extreme builder as too but I generally do absolutely nutty stuff like submerging a cheap air conditioner in transformer oil and circulating that over my northbridge, cpu, and videocard. Then overclock them all until they smell funny. I've toned it down quite a bit because I'm married now and sending her through medical school, so I don't have much money to blow on blowing up expensive computer stuff. I've always wanted to run an overclocked cluster in a deep freezer converted to circulate mineral oil or diesel through an refrigeration coil and onto the mobos & chips. If you're interested in building something like that, let me know. I'd be happy to help for free and I'm decent with micro controllers and electronics in general so I could do stuff like build a pressure regulation deal or a temp monitor on the outside with an automatic emergency shutdown, leak detection, etc.

And since you spoke of gaming servers, I'm planning to start setting up a few virtual machines that act as gaming servers. If you set em up right I bet you can minimize performance impact. Namely using a stripped down version of Linux as a base and running the VMs on top of that. I'm thinking I'll go with gentoo or try to find a distro suited entirely to running VMs.
Anyway, ultimately it'd be best to just have the game running on a computer, but I'm setting these things up to run for lan parties, so I'll only need them up every now and again, and this is the cheapest most portable way of running them without having to have one computer set up with every game I ever plan to run stuck on a windows install. Yuck. (That would suck)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:00:11 am by attrezzop »

Here I am on der myspazenhousen.

Offline WilliWill

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:10 am »
HI Folks :)
Well i'm not much of a Console gamer... I'm more a PC gamer..
Right now i'm playing Battlefield 2142, Fallout 3, and C&C :Red Alert 3.
I'm an anime fan too.
At funhouse I love the Inital D racing game.. I still suck at it.. BUT IT'S FUN!!!! 

Good to meet you all
Peace

Offline Jesus

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2009, 09:46:17 am »
Welcome Williwill

DarkWraith56

« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2009, 10:04:03 am »
I'm an anime fan too.
At funhouse I love the Inital D racing game.. I still suck at it.. BUT IT'S FUN!!!! 

Good to meet you all
Peace

WAIt inital D player hmmmm
what is your name on your card

Offline attrezzop

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Teh myspaze
« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2009, 10:07:14 am »
I'm an anime fan too.

Good to meet you all
Peace

I play 2142 when I feel in a fragging mood.

Here I am on der myspazenhousen.

Offline tulsarogue13

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • Legend of the Five Rings
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2009, 06:51:55 am »
I'm John Most everyone calls me Bondo though.  I am an avid fan of AEG's Legend of the Five Rings.  I play both the CCG and RPG.  I am looking to start hosting a regular game session of either of these at Wizards Asylum in Tulsa. 

Offline SoonerBlondie

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • GTP
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2009, 04:05:20 pm »
Yay for Tulsaaa and Jenks area peopleee :)