Author Topic: Norman - Oh Snap VI - SSBB, SSBM, SSB, & SSBBMinus - 1/15/11-1/16/11  (Read 8952 times)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan

Life... Dreams... Hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

NORMAN, OK BRAWL+MELEE TOURNAMENT
January 15th-16th 2011 (Saturday & Sunday) Martin Luther King Day Weekend
MLK day means you have Monday off to recover from the awesome overload and plenty of time to get back to your home state and see the sights!

*Please constantly check the first reply at the official Smash World Forum thread. I will be frequently updating it with new participants, equipment needs, side tournament status, OOS housing assignments, and any other relevant information*

Watch out 2011! Oklahoma will be Smashing Mad with the continuation of Oh Snap! Oklahoma's largest and longest running tournament series is back and better than ever! Brawl players from around the region and beyond can expect the pain to be brought.
The last two Oh Snaps held an average of 100 attendees each!
5 states are interested so far, more to come!
So expect this to be a big epic tourney with big epic payouts!

And after an astounding revival of the OK Melee scene in 2010 we will be reintegrating Melee into this series, thats right Melee will be in full effect! Smashers unite! What this means is that we will bring enough competitive spirit and explosive energy into Oklahoma from across the Smash universe that only a world of ruin will be left in our wake!

Also.... now with Smash 64 and super effective Brawl Minus side events!

Oklahoma has learned alot hosting Oh Snap! over the years. We have both old guard TOs and new blood working to put together an inclusive, smooth running, and most of all supremely fun experience for the Southwest (and maybe even some of those nifty Midwesterners and beyond!) This year HxC Lancenter will be helping us out with equipment and looking for excellent players to consider for sponsorships or support in major national and international tournaments. This tournament will be the first in a series to count toward your reputation with their company, so sign up at their site HERE and do your best!

THERE WILL BE HD RECORDING AND LIVESTREAM FROM THIS EVENT SO GET PSYCHED! Our sponsors at HxC Lancenter will be streaming this live. CHECKBACK FOR URL!

Contact Info

Forest (Solidus): [email protected] or call/text (405) 464 5348 (prefer text)

Venue

University of Oklahoma
The Associates and Regents room at the Oklahoma Memorial Student Union 3rd floor(Just Above OS4/5)
900 Asp Ave. #428
Norman, OK 73069
Google Map for directions

Below is a map for once you get inside the building. The venue is on the third floor. Enter through the north entrance near the parking garage for easy elevator access.

Pre-registration
Pre-registration will help us move the tournament along I can get this info into TiO, organize housing, and verify equipment numbers so please PM me the following info or post in this thread:

Gamer Name: Solidus
City: Norman, Oklahoma
Tournaments planning to enter: Melee Singles and Doubles
Equipment provided: 2 TVs, 2 consoles, 1 projector (Full Melee and Brawl setup)
Housing requested: No

Schedule

Saturday Schedule:
10:00 am: Setup & Registration (Melee and Brawl: Singles and Doubles)
12:00 pm: Doubles Bracket
1:00 pm: Singles Registration Closes
5:00 pm: Singles Pools (5 hours...)

Sunday Schedule:
9am: Setup
10am: Any remaining Pools finished
11am: Singles Bracket begins

When Melee Singles End, Side Event registration and Brackets begin.
(Singles Smash 64 and Brawl Minus)
Side events as time and setups permit.

There will be seeding through pools for Brawl and Melee. Top number to get out of pools will be determined depending on turnout.

PLEASE BE AT THE VENUE ON TIME FOR YOUR BRACKET! It is your responsibility to keep up with your matches. Brackets will be projected on the wall for you to see.

IMPORTANT:
Brawl and Melee will be carried out simultaneously. I expect Melee to go by much more quickly. If you are attempting to play both games please do your best to keep up pace on your matches.
Remember that The Mage's DQ rule is in effect:

2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Leniency my be afforded if you are in a tournament match for the other game but you must immediately move to your next match once the current one is completed.

If you have an extenuating circumstance which may cause you to leave the venue please inform me beforehand, I will afford leniency at my discretion, but ultimately when it is time to progress, we will continue the tournament in the interest of keeping the our schedule.

Games & Format

Brawl & MeleeSingles & Doubles, as well as Smash 64 Singles will have dedicated double elimination brackets.

Side Events: Brawl Minus, Duelist, Ladders, Crew Battles. These will take place tentatively given time constraints and setup availability.

Fees

Venue: $10 for 1 tournament, waived if you bring a full setup, -5 dollars if you bring a TV.

Melee and Brawl Singles: $10
Melee and Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Smash 64 Singles: $5

Side Events:
Brawl Minus: $1 Please bring brawl minus setups!
Other side events if time permits (Crew Battles, Ladder & Duelist) to be determined on the spot.

Venue Fee Discounts

FULL SET UPS (Console + Game + TV) NEEDED: TVs MUST BE LAG FREE! 18inch is a plus.

Full set up (Wii/GC+Game+TV) and we use it = Free admission
Part set up (Either Wii/GC+Game or TV) and we use it = - $5
Full set up and we don’t use it = - $5
Part set up (TV) and we don’t use it = - $2
Part set up (Wii/GC + Game) and we don't use it = - $1
(We should be using all of the viable setups, TVs are a lot harder to bring than a system and game)

The more setups we have the faster the tournament will go! Meaning more time for side events and after-parties,or simply an earlier departure time if you want to get home!

Payout

Brawl and Melee Singles:

1st - 48%
2nd - 22%
3rd - 14%
4th - 8%
5th - 4% each

Brawl and Melee Doubles:

1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

Smash 64, Any Side Events:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Bonus Prizes:
Include Nintendo paraphernalia donated by from Norman's locally owned and operated anime and comic book stores:
PENDING

Rulesets are very standard. See official SWF thread here for all the rules and updated attendance and housing info.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291924

Also look down there, you see that Like button? Like it people, like it good!
If you don't have an OKgamers account but still want to RSVP you can also do it on facebook at this event url
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167641283266488
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:09:26 pm by Solidus »

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Norman - Oh Snap VI SSBB, SSBM, SSB, & SSBBMinus - 1/15/11-1/16/11
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:54:10 am »
TL;DR

1. Huge tournament in norman January 15th-16th (MLK day weekend)
2. Smash Brothers Melee, Brawl, and 64
3. 10 dollars per tournament, 10-15 dollar venue fee
4. BRING SETUPS for discounts (that includes N64s with fully unlocked Smash 64s and working N64 controllers, it also includes the latest 5. Brawl Minus setups)
5. Tell your friends from in state and around the country, Oklahoma needs mad hype for this!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:57:35 am by Solidus »

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Norman - Oh Snap VI - SSBB, SSBM, SSB, & SSBBMinus - 1/15/11-1/16/11
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 12:07:36 am »
Flier for hype purposes. Embed it into your webpages, blogs, etc.

Not an okgamers sponsored event so I just included the basic OKgamer url logo provided on the front page to spread word about the site.

This flier can be resized to fit on an 17 x 22 poster, and 8.5 x 11 poster (regular paper size) or a 4.25 x 5.5 handout flier without any significant loss in fidelity. Click to download full resolution file.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:16:43 pm by Solidus »

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 03:15:53 pm »
Due to overwhelming interest, we have reduced the Venue Fee to a flat $10.
Waived if you bring a full setup.
Halved if you bring a partial setup (TV preferred)

Offline Chozo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 11:11:20 pm »
Lol Oklahoma Brawl is so dead on the internet.

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 11:53:54 pm »
Well we have alot of decent players here, they just aren't active on smashboards.
Bassem, Kurohito, etc.

Chozo if you know others please be sure and let them know Brawl is going down.

Melee turnout is looking nice, but I just don't know brawlers, let them know please!

Offline Chozo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 04:27:42 pm »
We should put some of these posters around town.

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 11:42:55 am »
Its pretty expensive to print them. Those that have intercession get school prints that they can use.
I've been trying to get OU to fund them but their committee takes alot of time to deliberate and they won't be able to decide until its too late.
If you know an independent sponsor, go ahead and by all means get them printed, otherwise I'll probably just get 1 up in each gamestop, one at the game exchange, and 1 at the hastings.

Offline Relish

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 11:15:23 am »
I texted you earlier, I hope you'll reply, I'll probably be there along with 1 or more people...
<a href="http://sc2sig.com/profile/us/305115/1/Relish/" target="_blank">[img width= height= alt=" border="0]http://sc2sig.com/s/us/305115-1.png[/img][/url]
<a href="http://sc2sig.com" target="_blank">get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com[/url]

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 12:42:11 am »
Yo, got your text and replied. As for rules they are all posted here, will be much easier than texting them!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 03:54:20 pm »
Yo, got your text and replied. As for rules they are all posted here, will be much easier than texting them!

Im going to post the flyer on our main page today. We are having to sue the guy that did our site.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 11:15:02 pm »

Im going to post the flyer on our main page today. We are having to sue the guy that did our site.

Why because he never finished it?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 09:39:44 am »

Why because he never finished it?
yea and he jacked it up.. I cant promote the Oh Snap with it looking like that. So Im going to ask the judge for him to pay penalty of that. We got someone that will start fixing it monday
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 01:50:26 pm »
Excellent. I've been waiting for it to work right for like 6 months. Its really confusing and difficult to navigate. Glad its getting done!

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 03:56:19 pm »
You got my Oh Snap flier right? I'm looking forward to seeing it on your site. Are you going to put the info on the mass text list?