Author Topic: Mustang - Plasma Burn / Halo3 - SSBB - SCIV - GoW2 - Jan 24, 2009  (Read 140854 times)

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • PSN ID: Paxmo
    • View Profile
I don't want to put any pressure on you Fury'swrath, however I am going to say that if this tournament doesn't make it I don't think Tulsa will ever take another OKC tourney posting seriously (as far as fighting games go).

NO PRESSURE MANG, NO PRESSURE...  (there's pressure)

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Oh Butler
NO PRESSURE MANG

Mang??? lol looks like u were under some pressure

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
I don't want to put any pressure on you Fury'swrath, however I am going to say that if this tournament doesn't make it I don't think Tulsa will ever take another OKC tourney posting seriously (as far as fighting games go).

NO PRESSURE MANG, NO PRESSURE...  (there's pressure)

Thanks for the vode of confidence there.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Mj - let's lay off the pressure.  Event hosts shouldn't be bullied -_-  Going to be putting in something more on this later to make sure Events are more air tight.

As for Furyswrath - he's been working towards this for months, and has a great setup going, let's look forwards to a great event!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Oh I know, I'm just saying...

NO PRESSURE

xX_Raider_Xx

Will be there for sure......So what did Dr. Pepper and Pepsi say about not wanting to sponsor?

I got the

"Due to the slow economic and hardships we are unable to extend any sponsorship support at this time."   I was like whaaa? you mean Small companies can handle it and big business cant?

Ohh well

Well thats wack.........I really can't believe that Dr. Pepper said no being one of MLG's main sponsors.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
Will be there for sure......So what did Dr. Pepper and Pepsi say about not wanting to sponsor?

I got the

"Due to the slow economic and hardships we are unable to extend any sponsorship support at this time."   I was like whaaa? you mean Small companies can handle it and big business cant?

Ohh well

Well thats wack.........I really can't believe that Dr. Pepper said no being one of MLG's main sponsors.
Im pretty sure it was a canned message as it was almost the same exact message from each.   I went ahead and sent a Fax'd request to those who have denied on business letterhead.  To see if that helps.  Im sure it wont.   

Main problem im having right now is Ive sent 1 email to each company most of each sent a reply back showing interest and asking for additional information and that they would contact me.  Well most of them was over a month ago. ive sent reminder emails just kinda saying that i haven't heard anything back and gave my contact information again "encase" the email was not received.

Anyways we have a handful of prizes right now. Im just hoping to get some more. The bigger I can make this event the better!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:09:39 pm by furyswrath »

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Thats weird... Try Coke..

Offline Michael Jackson

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
oh em gee

He's insinuating that you use illegal substances!!!

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Lol wow... Coke Cola

Offline G WaDe

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
We know what you meant... he was just making a joke.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I know... i was just clarifying.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
I know... i was just clarifying.

joking around is cool in all guys.. But keep all the unnecessary comments outta here.  this is for The Plasma Burn Tournament only. Keep your comments in the General thread.

Butl3r  that means.. Dont reply back to this thread saying OK or some random comment.   You do not have to reply to every thread. People who that feel the need to do this are called Forum Trolls.  You may troll all you want just not here in.  Thanks, as we appreciate your support but unnecessary comments bog  threads down making it hard for people to sort though the information when they are looking for a particular answer for.

Offline BUTL3R

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
1) I have never responded with just "OK". 2) I never reply in threads based on SSBB or SC 4 or any game along those lines. 3) I almost always responed to things said by others. I never just randomly go off topic for fun. Thanks

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
1) I have never responded with just "OK". 2) I never reply in threads based on SSBB or SC 4 or any game along those lines. 3) I almost always responed to things said by others. I never just randomly go off topic for fun. Thanks

See you did exactly what I asked you not to.  You could of taken this to PMs.   And do you see ANY of your posts in this thread related to the tournament...  I didn't think so.  Now cut it out.