Author Topic: Tulsa - H3 2v2 Regional Road to Supercon at TCC Metro (Fighters too!) - 5/08/10  (Read 19155 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Event: OKgamers 1st Road to Supercon QUALIFIER & FUNDRAISER AT TCC!

The NVGA has many chapters - will Oklahoma stand at the top come the NVGA Supercon in Denver, August 13th, and 14th?
Think your the best?  We say PROVE IT.  Our events like this pull 4+ states to represent; make sure come out and represent yours for the chance to go to the Supercon!

CASH!  ***Over 100 prizes to be given out***
The RIGHT To be seeded and represent OKgamers at The 2010 Supercon!  
1st place of each Qualifier** gets 150$ as a stipend for traveling to Denver!!  

2+ EVENTS:
This TCC event - Halo 2v2 Qualfiier
Tokyo in Tulsa, June 18-20th -SSBB, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter 4, Blaz Blue, and Soul Calibur* (still pending) - Qualifiers

** - 1st place of any tournament that has more than 15 people, click here for the Road to Supercon thread for details.

FUNDRAISER?
TOP 4 PLACERS at a Qualifier are seeded to compete in their Tournaments at Supercon.
1st place gets a travel stipend.  We'll have this event, and events planned in July to help everyone ELSE, 2-4th OKgamers placers help GET to Denver (and of course 1st placers if they aren't flying, etc).  The money raised from these events will go to offsetting our Caravan's cost in gas, lodging, and if we have enough, even food.  *YES - we'll need cars to help with transportation, and any Hotel hookups people have, please  bring that up on the Road to Supercon Thread*

READ MORE ABOUT THE SUPERCON, AND OUR ROAD TO THE SUPERCON - HERE.

PRE-REGISTRATION OPEN UNTIL MAY 7th: - *****CLICK HERE**** TO PRE-REG AND SAVE MONEY!
It's FREE!  Any & all personal info is NOT shared, only used for emergency contact, etc.  Gamer Tags are displayed for competition, etc. ----PRE-REG TO SAVE ON ENTRY - REMEMBER TO PRE-REGISTER!----

WANT TO KNOW WHO'S COMING?  HOW MUCH HARDWARE WE ARE EXPECTING? That's what pre-reg is for also, once you pre-reg, you can check to see who's coming.

YES gamers, we expect if you show up at our event, to be familiar with everything this thread has pointed out :) (As, there is no way to KNOW about this event fully, without this thread.  Please take the time to read up!)

OKgamers and TCC working together will be hosting this event, with sponsors coming on board! Keep an eye on this thread as we add sponsors, and of course the Pre-registration link!

DETAILS COVERED ON THIS THREAD POST - MAKE SURE YOU READ:
  • Event Description
  • Pre-Registration Link - UP, go PRE-REG!!
  • Sponsor List
  • Location / Map Link
  • Tournament Game List
  • Cost
  • Prizes
  • What Do You Need to Bring?
  • Important Links!

FOOD - Feast with us from the awesome Hotdog Cart that is...
GrillaRays - ever been to Oktoberfest and had Siegis?  THEY SERVE THEM!  TOO GOOD!

More on TCC - http://www.tulsacc.edu/

SPONSORS LIST:
Tulsa Community College - VENUE!
Jinx.com - PRIZES!
Joe Momma's - PRIZES!
Funhouse at the Riverwalk - PRIZES!
Wizards Aslum Comics & Games - PRIZES!
OKgamers.com - SWAG / PRIZES!
HxC LAN CENTER - Halo 3 HARDWARE SUPPORT!

Covenant TCG's Moncon 2010 - Monsterpocalypse players from across the world will gather to test their body-slamming, monster-smashing skills against one another! - event tickets!

Tokyo in Tulsa 2010 - Tulsa's only 3 Day Anime and Japanese Culture Convention! - event tickets!

*SPONSOR LIST STILL GROWING!  Remember to check back!*

909 S. Boston, Tulsa, OK 74119

Google Street View of door (Rotate 180 degrees to see parking.)

*THAT IS THE BEST DOOR* - you go in, go up the elevator or stairs, and you are right there! (PRO TIP: don't take your hardware up stairs, use the elevator!)

SUPERCON Qualifying Game:
Halo 2v2 - HxC is helping out by sponsorsing hardware to help, but we'll definitely need more hardware help!

Side Tournament Games:
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tekken 6
Super Street Fighter 4
Blaz Blue
Soul Calibur 4

Times:
Setup & Signups open - 11am (tentative) to 12:15pm
Tournament Start time - 12:30pm (tentative)
Halo - 12:30pm
SSBB - 12:30pm
SSF4 - 12:30pm

T6 - 1:30pm *signup ends at 1:15
Blaz Blue - 1:30pm *signup ends at 1:15

Soul Calibur - 2:30pm *signup ends at 2:15

Cost:
OKgamers.com is holding this event as a Halo 2v2 Seeding Qualifier, and as a fundraiser to help out with OKgamers gamers winners going to Supercon.  There is NO location fee - THANKS TO TCC!  Our "Organization" fee is going 100% to getting gamers to the Supercon.

IF YOU PRE-REGISTER: (WHICH SAVES YOU MONEY)
$5 Organization fee - goes towards fundraising for Road to Supercon (ONE TIME FEE)
$10 per tournament entered - goes towards that games' pot! (PER TOURNAMENT ENTERED)
No location fee - due to TCC's sponsorship!
No spectator fee - due to TCC's sponsorship!

IF YOU JUST SHOW UP AND DO NOT PRE-REGISTER BY MAY 7TH:
$10 Organization fee - goes towards fundraising for Road to Supercon (ONE TIME FEE)
$10 per tournament entered - goes towards that games' pot! (PER TOURNAMENT ENTERED)
No location fee - due to TCC's sponsorship!
No spectator fee - due to TCC's sponsorship!

SO WHAT IS MY TOTAL COST?
Playing in 1 game, and pre-registered? 5, plus 10 = 15$!
Playing in 1 game and you just show up at the event?  10, plus 10 = 20$
2 games, pre-registered?  20$.  Etc, etc.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THE EVENT?  TELL THEM TO PRE-REGISTER TOO!!

Prizes:
100% of the pots from each game 60/30/10, plus any funds and prizes sponsored!  

WEAR YOUR OKGAMERS SWAG - GET ACCESS TO SPECIAL PRIZES AT THE EVENT!

SPECTATORS -
This is a public location, and of course watching is free.  However, only tournament entrants, and staff may use the machines.  Spectators may watch, but are asked to leave the machines to those playing.

Rules?  Will be standard OKgamers rules, as found in the Planning forum, and Media section.  Any details being worked out will be discussed of course in the planning forum for rules.  See the Media section on the main site, or the rule debates in the Tournament Hype and Planning forum.

Halo 3 2v2 Rules - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2770.0.html

SSBB Rules - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,1770.0.html

Tekken 6 Rules - http://www.okgamers.com/pdf/t6-rules.pdf

Blaz Blue Rules - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2654.0.html

Soul Calibur rules - http://www.okgamers.com/pdf/sc4-rules.pdf

As always, OKgamers finds sponsors and locations for you the gamers to come out and have a good time, but we will need your help with hardware and spreading the word about the event!  We'll be looking for hardware support on most of the games!  (Smash and Halo definitely!)

WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
CASH - to enter the event, tournaments, for any food like GrillaRay's downstairs or their snacks, etc.
YOUR OWN CONTROLLER - We seriously suggest you bring your own controllers.  Gamers may let you borrow theirs, but it's always best to bring your own - less concern about your performance as well.
HARDWARE - if you can help by bringing hardware, this helps the event run faster.  OKgamers is facilitating the event, TCC is the venue sponsor, but this is all community driven - thus it's a "potluck community effort" - aka, we all bring our hardware to help out!

HARDWARE - OKgamers ORGANIZES events - in the end, we are just gamers like yourself, trying to promote a free resource, OKgamers.com.  We really do RELY on the LOCAL COMMUNITY especially, to help us provide hardware for this event.  

THE TRADE OFF - Local players get cheap events, and little to no travel expense, all with quality competition coming to you...  All you have to do to aid in this is help the event have hardware for both you and the travelling competitors to play on!

What do you mean by Hardware/A Setup:
A "Setup" consists of a TV, console, game, controllers if possible and save data.  TV - 19" or above, tube preferably for some fighting games, and remote if you can't change to input on the front.  SSF / SC / Tekken and SSBB - FULLY UNLOCKED (SF = all available, SSBB 'more rules' and all 35 characters, and levels, etc), and any controllers would be appreciated, however we encourage people to bring their own.  And of course, the game, console and any required cables.  

Can't bring hardware?  While ANYTHING can help, we also understand if you cannot.  Pre-reg will help show what hardware is coming, encourage those friends that CAN bring hardware, that they do so and keep an eye on pre-reg to know see what's showing up!

MORE HARDWARE = FASTER TOURNAMENT.  
MORE HARDWARE = NO SUCH THING AS "too many tournament attendees".

YOU KNOW US - we run these for promotion of OKgamers - so we run a tight ship to keep everyone happy.
We reserve the right on ANY game to make on the spot changes to the tournament rules, such as a change to Single Elimination if there is not enough hardware, or too many people show up ["Too many" only determined by us not having the hardware brought to meet the demand in the time we have - be sure you understand that].  We have to be done no matter what around 7pm as TCC has it's rules too, thus the concern.  
 - Have we before - yes, rarely.
 - Will we change?  Only if we HAVE to.  Hardware and you determine that.  (Remember traveling gamers don't have a lot of room, they depend on local players to help.)

Tournament Format - All games will be double elimination, unless there's not enough hardware.  The more hardware we have, the faster an event goes!

NO HARDWARE SHOWS UP / NOT ENOUGH FOR A GAME? - Rare, but it can happen.  No hardware, means no event, period.  Not enough, means we might make an event single elmination, etc.  Concerned?  CHECK THE PRE-REGISTRATION list, and see what's coming.  No hardware for your game, bring it up on this thread!

EVENT FLYER: - http://www.okgamers.com/pdf/tcc-050810.pdf

HAVE A BLOG?  http://okgamers.com/media.php - has a banner you can copy the code and put on your site!

GOT FACEBOOK?  Join the Facebook event, our OKgamers group, and SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!  Let em' know through Facebook!

X A

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:09:10 pm by X_A »
Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
XA please add to our website link... hxclancenter.com/ladder
What did you want us to capture with registration? I totally forgot
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I'll be there of course (:
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
Will be there for sure! =)

Very excited for this.

X_A - Do you want to do Game Pre-Reg through our site?

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
Once again, I'll have to check my schedule and see if I can squeeze an appearance in.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline DrViper

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Check Please
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
So, is the prize for the winner the $150 + pot? or is the stipend part of the pot??

If I can get out of my Saturday class ill be there... Might be iffy.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:41:44 pm by DrViper »

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
had to be right after finals week

and probably on the day that i haul everything back to tulsa, too

Offline DigitalHypnosis

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Finally, a chance to become famous outside of Oklahoma.

You can count me in.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

SSBB PLAYERS:

With the release of the MLG rules, obviously there has been pressure to switch, and to not.

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,1770.msg37103.html#msg37103

THAT IS THE THREAD TO DISCUSS THAT - you've got a week, then we either adopt MLG, or we at least edit what we have to include ledge grab, and scrooging.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Hey has anyone pre registered for ssf4 because no one comes and I don't have a ps3 system so if there's less than 15 pre register there's probably not a. Point in going to this event so if not here ill see u guys at tit.
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Hey has anyone pre registered for ssf4 because no one comes and I don't have a ps3 system so if there's less than 15 pre register there's probably not a. Point in going to this event so if not here ill see u guys at tit.
why wouldnt you go anyway??? You missed the one in january and there was like 20 plus people there wasnt it XA?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
why wouldnt you go anyway??? You missed the one in january and there was like 20 plus people there wasnt it XA?

He's missed SEVERAL SF4 events - locally and in AR - the AR event had more players at it than most of the normal SMASH events, but hey, he's out of his loop, whatever.

LONE - no one has pre-reg'ed yet because the event hasn't opened up pre-reg yet... Please make sure you've read the first post; we know it's long, but it's no different than other events detail page for an event of this scale.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I've missed passed events for vacation and the one in January. Was some other issues but I have gotten everything taken care of but the last one I went to was the funhouse one but most people can probably agree that in the summer schedule can be a lot easier adjusted for someone who's in highschool. And. Sorry saif I'm just so excited for ssf4!! Also timmy I just want more people to come I'm coming no matter What but hey id love to play a lot of people one week whoop!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:42:58 am by LONEWOLF2021 »
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile

PRE-REG - we had a database issue / settings for getting all the games in there, and our programmer is also at work :)

SO!  We'll get pre-reg up by tomorrow!  Sorry for any inconvenience, and get to practicing!

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
PRE-REG NOW OPEN!  Here's the link - it's also up in the main thread of course - http://www.okgamers.com/events/tcc-metro050810/prereg.php?tourn=2

GO - PRE-REG!  SAVE YOURSELF MONEY!

If you don't pre-reg by May 7th, don't blame us :) 

TELLING YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS EVENT?  TELL THEM TO COME, READ, AND PRE-REG!!!!!!!

SSBB - recently adopted the MLG rules 100%, however those might change too -_-;;  Read on the SSBB Rule Thread - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,1770.0.html

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals