Author Topic: OKC - Stay Salty Series: Rampage Ranbats I Wild For The Night: SSFIV - 8/14/10  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Mung

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
The Stay Salty Series is proud to announce the first ever Rampage Ranbats I!

Wild For The Night

When - August 14, 2010

Location - Cactus Jack's
Cactus Jack's Family Fun Center

Time: 6:00 PM - Registration and Casuals
         7:00 PM - Ranbat Starts

Console: Xbox 360.  PS3s are welcome if both players agree to play on the PS3 console.

Prize: 1st Place - $100

Fee: $15 entrance fee
Explanation of Fee -  $5 from the entrance fee will be placed into an Equipment Fund.  More details on the Equipment Fund below.  The prize money is capped at $100 unless there are at least 20 entrants.  If 20 people enter then the prize money will increase to $150.  The rest of the money will go into the Equipment Fund and Tournament Pot.  In the unfortunate event that there are not at least 10 entrants, the winner will take home the amount collected, minus the $5 towards the Equipment Fund. 

Rules - Round Robin format
          2/3 Sets
          2/3 Rounds per set
          99 Seconds per round
Winner keeps character, loser may change. 
In regards to Ultras, Winner keeps Ultra unless loser changes character and/or Ultra.
In the case of a double KO at the end of a tied series, another set will be played until a winner is determined.

Scoring: 1st Place - 9 points, 2nd Place - 8 points, 3rd Place - 7 points, 4th Place - 6 points, 5th Place - 5 Points, 6th Place - 4 Points, 7th Place - 3 Points.  8th place on will receive 2 points.

Points will accumulate through the duration of the series of Ranbats leading up a tournament, date to be determined.  The points will be used as a seeding for players who attend the Ranbats.  The more Ranbats players attend, the better chance players will have in the seeding for the tournament.

Tournament Pot:  After 10 entrants have registered, the remaining money collected will be used for a tournament pot.  As noted before, if 20 players enter, the Ranbat prize money will increase to $150.  The tournament pot money will ensure that there will be a guaranteed amount of prize money for an upcoming tournament.

Equipment Fee:  $5 from every entrance fee to go into an Equipment Fund to buy Asus VH236H monitors, Xbox 360s, Copies of SSFIV, cables, Arcade Sticks, Convertors, etc. 
The purpose of the Equipment Fund is to provide uniformity among all the set ups.  I plan on buying 4 of each of the above items to get things started and initial estimates range to around $1800.  It will be a long process getting all the equipment but I assure you all it will be more than worth it in the end.  If anyone would like to donate to the Equipment Fund please PM me or come up to me during the Ranbat events.

My goal is to have bi-monthly Ranbats.  There will not be another Ranbat after the 14th until after the August 28th Bar Fights Tournament in Grapevine/Dallas.  The more Ranbats we have before a tournament means money pot money and more exposure.  More exposure will bring players not only from Oklahoma and the surrounding states, but from all over the region.

If you have any questions please PM or just post your question in this thread or http://shoryuken.com/f7/stay-salty-series-rampage-ranbats-i-oklahoma-city-ok-08-14-2010-a-246072/

I hope to see you all there.

GET HYPE AND STAY SALTY!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:34:43 am by X_A »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Yes finally!
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
sweet someone needs to do this for Blazblue Continuum SHift

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Great to see a fighting game series start up!  I've edited your title to match with our formatting btw :)

Good luck!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Mung

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Thanks X_A!

Offline Mung

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Reminder post

The Rampage Ranbat is still scheduled for this Saturday, August 14th.  Even though the Quakecon tournament is going on the same day, I hope to see many of you at Cactus Jack's.

Offline Mung

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Tonight's the night!

If anyone has a 360 setup please bring it. We currently have 3 360 setups and 1 ps3 setup for tonight. I will be very appreciative if you do.

Also, I never mentioned it, but I'm sure it is common sense, bring your own controller. There will be a couple of TE/SE sticks for those who play on PS3 to use for the 360.

Warm ups start at 6 PM. Ranbat will begin at 7. If you will not be able to make it on time please call me, 985-507-7289, to let me know you will be running late.

See you all tonight!

Wild for the night!