Author Topic: PC players?  (Read 11268 times)

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
Re: PC players?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 01:28:35 am »

NOW IS YOUR TIME TO RALLY -

I can just about guarantee you that in the next month or so - I'm going to be asked "Saif.  Should we have a PC LAN area?"  From Tokyo in Tulsa and Minicon - and I'm going to go

"Well, from what I've seen on OKgamers, they...."

How I continue will depend alot on this thread...

...Do you want lan space at upcoming events?  Let's hear your interest PC gamers!!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 02:22:59 am »

NOW IS YOUR TIME TO RALLY -

I can just about guarantee you that in the next month or so - I'm going to be asked "Saif.  Should we have a PC LAN area?"  From Tokyo in Tulsa and Minicon - and I'm going to go

"Well, from what I've seen on OKgamers, they...."

How I continue will depend alot on this thread...

...Do you want lan space at upcoming events?  Let's hear your interest PC gamers!!

X A

When is TiT? ermm hope it takes that acronym.  ? If I have enough time I can put together a PC Lan, and I have equipment for a couple Servers.

Offline attrezzop

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Teh myspaze
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 08:30:43 am »
I've been thinking about putting together a few virtual machines dedicated to various games I play, but I don't personally have the hardware to run anything real resource intensive. The beauty of a virtual machine is that you can run it on another computer! It'll just gimp it pretty hardcore.

PC Games I play (the short list truncated to currently available lan stuff.)

-Battlefield 2142
-Savage (free)
-Savage 2 (free)
-Tribes 2 (free)
-Tribes:Vengeance
-COD4

I play a lot of free games at lans to get around that whole "I don't have that game blah" whine. I'm gearing up for a lan sometime in april/may. I'm going to start with a small gig at my place and then go from there.

Here I am on der myspazenhousen.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 04:32:29 pm »
I've been thinking about putting together a few virtual machines dedicated to various games I play, but I don't personally have the hardware to run anything real resource intensive. The beauty of a virtual machine is that you can run it on another computer! It'll just gimp it pretty hardcore.

PC Games I play (the short list truncated to currently available lan stuff.)

-Battlefield 2142
-Savage (free)
-Savage 2 (free)
-Tribes 2 (free)
-Tribes:Vengeance
-COD4

I play a lot of free games at lans to get around that whole "I don't have that game blah" whine. I'm gearing up for a lan sometime in april/may. I'm going to start with a small gig at my place and then go from there.

Ive tried doing VPS servers in the past, havent tried it in a while but unless you have a solid server hardware platform. VPS sucks. I tried it on 2142 and cod4.   But im 100% positive with a good server platform it can be done efficiently.  Im working with my Investor / Co-Owner of Plasma Burn and we are looking into buying 4 server setups. 2 for gaming and 2 for webhosting.  see where it goes.

Offline Punish3r

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • 1337 Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 12:36:55 pm »
While I think a LAN would be awesome, I just have doubts about equipment, because no one would bring theirs. :\

TroublesomeOkie

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 11:05:33 am »
I would bring my rig to a lan party/tourney.  Wouldnt have it anyother way.  I have all my gear dialed in the way i like it. 

I am up to keeping this tread alive as well saif. 

Gamup guys!!!

Offline LunyTic

• learned the ropes
  • If in doubt, empty the mag!!
    • View Profile
    • [CVR] Chaotic Viper Regiment
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 03:19:39 am »
I am strictly PC and below are the games I am currently playing or have temporarily retired

Games I play or have played are as follows:

* America's Army
    * Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    * Call of Duty World at War
    * Battlefield 2 and all expansions
    * Battlefield 2142 and Northern Strike
    * Rohan: Blood Fued
    * Guild Wars and Expansions
    * Brothers in Arms - all
    * Medal of Honor - All
    * Need for Speed - all
    * Company of Heroes
    * And many, many more

I am also a member of several Anti-Cheat organizations, have competed in Online and On site tournaments and ladders, and build gaming computers.

My XFire is: txlunatic
and I use Teamspeak (TS)

Offline cory2010

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 04:57:12 pm »
ok i posted this on another fourm also but i wanted to add if you play cod4 and have never PLAYED PROMOD you ARE NOT A COMPETITIVE GAMER SRY! because that is what cevo,cal,twl,xpl all run and i just returned from atlanta lan fest and i live here in tulsa we took 3rd but hey it was awsome!.............................o yeah this is what i like to see!!! all the pc gamers coming together in oklahoma im a COMPETITIVE pc gamer im talking cevo,cal,xpl,twl  i mostly play cod4 on competitive lvl..... and mw2 is just not there for pc gamers sry the reason is because there are no dedicated servers BIG FAIL there is also no console BIGGER FAIL i am awaiting battlefield badcompany 2 for PC i will be competing competitivly in this game also like cod4..... also the diffrence between pc and console is that pc will always rule over console u just have to have the money to build a highend computer these days to run the games but the results are SICK.......but do you guys know what ventrilo is?? do you know what x-fire is?? ventrilo is a communication thing to where teams can communicate if you do know what i am talking about then great and if u do not have xfire download it and add cory2008 thats me im from tulsa and xfire is a program u can see the games ur buddys are playing and what servers there in u can type or chat with them but download it add me and i can get u in to more highend competitive gaming!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:00:46 pm by cory2010 »

Offline Pharmacist

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 05:48:26 pm »
I'm a PC player, however, not so much fps oriented.  As bad as the grind was to 50, and as bad as the grind was for gear (and still is) I honestly enjoy Aion even if my joy for it is somewhat masochistic.