Author Topic: Tournaments in Edmond  (Read 1964 times)

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Tournaments in Edmond
« on: February 07, 2009, 11:16:35 am »
Hey all,

I'm a new poster to these forums, just found the site today when searching for ok tourneys.  I would love to start something in my area, but need a little guidance as to how to get started as far as venues, planning, sponsors?, etc.    Any feedback is greatly appreciated, as well as gamers that would be interested in helping out.  Along with the usual halo 3, CoD, and GoW2 tourneys, I would also like to include one of my favs, Geometry Wars 2. Thoughts?  I'm curious if anyone has any "connections" with the local colleges or bars etc where we would be able to play.  Thanks! -Cody

hYpRiD

Re: Tournaments in Edmond
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:17:02 pm »
Hey all,

I'm a new poster to these forums, just found the site today when searching for ok tourneys.  I would love to start something in my area, but need a little guidance as to how to get started as far as venues, planning, sponsors?, etc.    Any feedback is greatly appreciated, as well as gamers that would be interested in helping out.  Along with the usual halo 3, CoD, and GoW2 tourneys, I would also like to include one of my favs, Geometry Wars 2. Thoughts?  I'm curious if anyone has any "connections" with the local colleges or bars etc where we would be able to play.  Thanks! -Cody

as far as venues go UCO is a great place to host tournaments I just recently hosted a halo 3 tournament in the cherokee room there and everything went great also you might want to try the edmond community center I believe that it is cheaper and bigger if you need any help hit me up

Offline PlayNTradeEdmond

• Business Owner
  • Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • Play N Trade- Edmond
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 11:20:14 am »
I'm not sure if you have been to our store but we can host your tournament. We have 8 high Def TVs and all of the game hardware needed. For an event like yours... you would promote the event, collect the entries, gather the prizes, and determine the game and rules. Where we take over is on tournament day, we run the whole thing for you. Bracket, announcements, keeping everything moving, providing food and drinks. You could even compete yourself, is desired.

We can help promote your event to our customers if you are having a tough time getting the word out.

We have a flat fee rate for an event like this in a 4 hour block of time.

Call the store on a Monday, Wed. or Fri. and ask for Mark. I can give you more details.

Play N Trade Video Games
3248 S. Broadway #180
Edmond, OK 73013
[email protected]

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 05:20:20 pm »
Sorry it took me so long to see your replys, what are the upcomming tournaments at PnT? Been there a few times to trade in some games.