Author Topic: OKgamers Tournaments 2010 - What Fighting Games do YOU want? (VOTE NOW!!)  (Read 22240 times)

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Re: OKgamers Tournaments 2010 - What Fighting Games do YOU want? (VOTE NOW!!)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 01:58:06 pm »
hey man i told you before that if Soul Calibur ever came back, i may drop Tekken outright lol.

Offline onedirtylei

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 03:00:30 pm »
 :'( Saddest thing I have ever heard. 
"ODLei"

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »
NO IT's NOT!!!!

it's fricken amazing!!!

SOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 03:55:22 pm »
That's 3 - so TvC has been added - and the ability to change your vote is now available for a few days - if you wanted TvC in there, go vote, etc.

Then we'll switch it back to unchangeable vote - so we can forecast / watch the poll appropriately.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 04:52:34 pm »

FIRST EVENT THIS POLL WILL BE PUT IN ACTION AT:

Alien Games - 3/6 - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2821.0.html

Progress as promised?  lol

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

wnJp

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »
I would like to see UFC Undisputed 2010.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 10:02:27 pm »
so saif howd that underground go? mvc2 still 360? i dont want to re-vote yet in case you change itttttttttt

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 10:33:17 pm »
so saif howd that underground go? mvc2 still 360? i dont want to re-vote yet in case you change itttttttttt

No SF4 showed up AT ALL - so 360 users are out of luck - they don't care to show up, we don't care about their whining :)  We offered, they didn't show up, thus there's NO REASON to go against the National standard of PS3 SF4.

MVC2 - I guess I'll have to split it - sorry didn't see the "Evo going PS3" comment.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »
i told you ahead of time that i couldn't make it and i have a SF4 set-up on 360, but i know i need a crap-ton more ppl

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 10:47:44 pm »
i told you ahead of time that i couldn't make it and i have a SF4 set-up on 360, but i know i need a crap-ton more ppl

lol.

And I told you then and there, that intent isn't what we were after.  Listen, no one is blaming you haha.  What we WERE saying - was "Wow, maybe, Oklahoma is the exception, and there is a huge SF4 360 community just waiting for a chance to act."  We know regional differences exist, and were willing to say "Hey.  We've got the space.  Show up in force, and we'll reconsider backing PS3 for SF4".

...we got our answer.  No one showed up.

Flip - that's not your fault, it's just us finding out the community for 360 is as lazy, if not more so than PS3 :) 

We tried, nothing happened, back to the norm.  The time to discuss SF4 console is gone, now we are onto what games should also be played, and in MvC's case, what platform as well.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 11:39:59 pm »
Throwing this out there, but I know there's a good amount of AR gamers that go to OK tournies. Horrorfest happened to be the same weekend as DrakeCon and some other event in OK that had SFIV (fight night?). While there were 8 PS3s at DrakeCon, there were also ~10-12 360s there for SFIV, not to mention the 5-6 360s we were told to keep in our cars because of lack of space. I know this doesn't excuse whatever happened at Horrorfest, but there was a representative from OKgamers there and I know OKgamers just wants to serve the community. Long story short, I think the demand IS there, it was just a bad event to call 360 gamers on because many of us could not be at a specific event at a specific time because of other obligations.

Now, am I asking for another shot for 360 gamers? Not exactly. Being a state away, it's not up to y'all to cater to us and it's not convenient for us to come to every OK tourney. It's unfortunate for us that y'all will be gaming on PS3 since we have shown that we're each willing to bring our 360s, but that may be how it'll have to be.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 12:04:08 am »
i think you should take MvC 2 360 and PS3 OUT, and just make it MvC2 and then make it hardware specific. PS3 is standard for it like always but if it doesn't make it then OH SH!! it's 360

I also retracted my vote for MvC2 in general and voted TvC lol.  I just want to see one tourney happen for TvC, that's all. After it happens once I'll prolly start voting for Tekken. That Fight Club was of ye ol chain
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:42:09 am by Animefreak6969 »

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 02:44:28 pm »

Smoke - we know we've got AR's attention, and do our best to start events early enough to get them done, but late enough that gamers like yourself can travel and not have to leave at 5am :) 

We know there is going to always be alt. console demand when it comes to 360 users - and that many 360's actually making it out is pretty impressive - but if there were also that many PS3s?  It seems to simply show there were a lot of gamers in attendance, and that in AR at that time, there wasn't a land slide of showings enough to break from the standard, in my mind at least.  However, we'll be having a sitdown and talk about Drakecon, Horrorfest, and other OKgamers related things in a bit - I'll ask DarkWraith and the others what they think about this SF issue, especially if MvC2 ends up winning on 360 for instance.

i think you should take MvC 2 360 and PS3 OUT, and just make it MvC2 and then make it hardware specific. PS3 is standard for it like always but if it doesn't make it then OH SH!! it's 360

I also retracted my vote for MvC2 in general and voted TvC lol.  I just want to see one tourney happen for TvC, that's all. After it happens once I'll prolly start voting for Tekken. That Fight Club was of ye ol chain

Not going to do 2 seperate polls for MvC; it's hard enough to get anyone to pay attention to a poll as important as this, more a less just a poll for one game.  Normally, we go with the National standard where it is set.  With MvC2 there seems to be some question as to what the community played on -else we'd not have 2 options in the poll in the first place.  Sorry to complicate it, but we are just going off what gamers have said.

POLLS - won't be happening monthly.  This is a long term 6 month to a year poll.  As new games come out they might push aside other games as good showings happen at large events, but it'll be this hierarchy that we go back to to judge from.

THIS POLL IS SERIOUS :)  It'll not be redone anytime soon, and will be a judging point from which we act for multiple events.  The only way it will become void - is if the 2 games that do get voted in have no one show up for either at the Alien games event, etc - then we'll just consider cutting back to only 2 fighting games for a while, until TnT, etc.  At which point, TnT's attendance and interest will help guide us, and so on, so forth.  But that's only a back up plan - otherwise, what the poll says, and attendance and hardware backs, we'll follow.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 04:08:13 pm »
♥♥♥♥♥, this poll's really close. It's really unfortunate that there may be more votes for some of these games than people actually willing to enter the respective tournaments. The thing I'm most worried about is that TvC will be left out of the tourney game when it's something new and interesting, while older games like Soul Cal are being brought back in. Nothing against Soul Caliber, as it's a fun game- but TvC has never been given a shot AND it's new AND it may provide more interest from newer players as opposed to an older game with an audience that may be dying. That's just my opinion though, I mean no offense.

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 02:59:55 am »
♥♥♥♥♥, this poll's really close. It's really unfortunate that there may be more votes for some of these games than people actually willing to enter the respective tournaments. The thing I'm most worried about is that TvC will be left out of the tourney game when it's something new and interesting, while older games like Soul Cal are being brought back in. Nothing against Soul Caliber, as it's a fun game- but TvC has never been given a shot AND it's new AND it may provide more interest from newer players as opposed to an older game with an audience that may be dying. That's just my opinion though, I mean no offense.

As I said before - new games will have their time in the sun at events - so TnT?  Is TvC's time to shine with or without the poll...

...however - if it's SERIOUSLY an interest, it'll show through in the poll, and get included sooner at Alien Games, and potentially other events.  Older games getting attention?  Totally reversed in my mind - right now is the PEAK of TvC's promos and attention.  If this is all the hype a new game like TvC can get, it may be doomed to begin with. 

As for close - it is.  Then again they just NOW broke the 8 vote requirement for us to even care lol - now we'll see if more than 20 people can get together to vote, and if these games will even be voted on again. 

TnT - will have TvC if we can help it.

But if TvC can't even beat games that are "old" - when it's marketing and interest is at a high, it doesn't speak well of it's longevity.  May the best games win.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals