Author Topic: Permanent Tournament For Oklahoma  (Read 9823 times)

Offline NOV3D

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Re: Permanent Tournament For Oklahoma
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 08:55:05 am »
Me and my uncle have been discussing several issues about the tournament. One of the main issues that we have been talking about is sufficient time to get things together and in order. At first are main thought was to try to get the tournament up and running as fast as possible. July, 10 was our target date but we have come to realize that we would only be able to accumulate half of the things we wish to have. So instead of serving gamers out there a RAW piece of stake. We hope you will be patient enough and let us serve you the best WELL DONE piece of stake you ever had September, 4.
Thank you.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 03:45:24 am »

Well, honestly in a way that helps out OKgamers local staff as well - as we really need to have another fundraiser around the July area for the Road to Supercon series. 

PLANNING DATES - two ways of doing it:

Post your dates when they are finalized in the planning forums, and then when everything is set, the events forum.

Post a discussion of "what you plan to do" in the business forums, so that other businesses can see.

Speaking of which, NOV3D I've switched your account status so you can view that forum.  Because it's driven by business conversation however, there isn't exactly a huge amount of changing content there lol.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 06:58:35 pm »
Thx, for the offer and if you dont mind me asking what type of background experience do you have in the gaming industry
because we may be looking for a small amount of help though we already have most of it planned out?
Also I would like to say that the location we will probably be going with is at I-44 & Yale Ave Tulsa, Ok and the tournament starting date we were aiming for around July, 10.

X_A my uncle was wondering if you had a number he could reach you at to discuss the tournament further?
I've hosted 10 local tournaments. I've been hosting tournaments since Halo 1. I've raised money for OCCC and Rose State. I'm co owner of HxC and we have a big thing coming up for the MDA this summer. I been around the block trust me. OKGamers staff will hook you guys up with the right people. Have you guys been over to Alien Games yet?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline JoRsKy

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 09:55:16 pm »
This is a great idea

Offline okmadden

• Business Owner
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 02:27:18 pm »
What ever happened to this?

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 02:29:28 am »
What ever happened to this?

Last I heard they were in planning phases - and had potentially pushed back till after July?  Most info is already on the thread for what I know.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline NOV3D

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 08:37:42 pm »
Sorry I have not been online posting for the last month. Me and my Uncle have been occupied with are new workout routine and are jobs but dont worry we have not diverted from are main goal of accumulating everything required to start the tournament Sep, 4. If you have questions about the tourny feel free to ask and i will get back to you as soon as possible.