Author Topic: Oh Snap! 6 and Oklahoma Smash Power Rankings upcoming  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
Oh Snap! 6 and Oklahoma Smash Power Rankings upcoming
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:17:05 pm »
Be on the lookout for Oh Snap! 6 which will include Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64 this January 15th-16th.

We are also looking to get Seasonal OK power rankings going for Melee, and if there is interest, for Brawl. (We will be trying to do both amateur and pro tiers in these rankings)

We will definitely want Tulsa to represent in these. We're trying to decide if we add Brawl to the mix if we should do it alongside Melee, or on separate weeks. If 918 gamers are interested in coming, then we should definitely consider putting them together so Tulsa can save time and gas money.

If i could get people to post their interest in showing up to the power ranking that would help us make decisions. Please provide your intention in attending and input in this thread. If you know ppl that are interested that don't frequent OKgamers forums, let them know!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Re: Oh Snap! 6 and Oklahoma Smash Power Rankings upcoming
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:09:44 am »
Let us assist you with some equipment again and also Ill hit up dphat, bassem, and others to make sure they come.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:52:50 am »
Oh Snap 6 thread is up on smashboards.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291924
I'll get tourney thread reiterated up here on okgamers once the kinks are worked out and sponsors have settled in.

also, new banner just about done.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:00:40 pm by Solidus »

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 08:01:43 pm »
http://league.hxclancenter.com/tournaments.php?tourney[id]=10

That could be where people can pre register and you will already have a good idea of whos coming and how to seed. Then we can add brackets of other tournaments also I just wanted to show a good example.

This keeps a ranking system... so for every win a player gets points to level up. Even with a lose player still gets points for registering and participating. So if someone registers, losest 2 in a row they still get 75 points. If a guy wins a tournament they will be in the 1k points in know time.. helping there power rankings.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Chozo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 01:20:21 am »
I think Yawara and Forest were discussing a points system for the PRs...? Alex may have been in on that too, I can't remember. It was in our SWF thread.
Anyway, let's get some Brawl support people.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 09:07:42 pm »
I think Yawara and Forest were discussing a points system for the PRs...? Alex may have been in on that too, I can't remember. It was in our SWF thread.
Anyway, let's get some Brawl support people.

See thats what I was telling them our site has a built in ranking system that you can manipulate and its easy to find others in the local area and I got sponsors that said "If you guys get the traffic we will sponsor prizes" so lets roll
HxC LAN Center

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 07:56:10 pm »
Official Oklahoma Melee Power Ranking thread is up.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11733690

We will be sure and keep everyone informed of our monthly monthly power ranking tournaments. Once we begin them a thread will be updated monthly. None the less check smashboards for the most current info. I expect to be moving up that list, I performed very badly in St. Louis in September so it knocked down.

As for Brawl Power Rankings, express interest and we will hold them. So far we've not really got 10 pro-ish ppl that play with regularity. Good 918 people should shoutout if your down. Foxy, Afro, etc.

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 02:20:04 am »
BTW Skorcher if we have a little round robin or crew battle at my house tonight we will be sure and record the results and get them to you for HXC. I was thinking it might also be cool to get a section under each game where recorded finals and what not could go for historical purposes, youtube embeds or whatever, just brainstorming. Sorry about the latency on the poster but my GIMP crashed because I was editing too many large images at once (at least I found my limits) I probably can't get it done until my grad school stuff is finished monday.

Also you should get me up to speed on how the your stat tracker works and how I can operate it sometime next week.

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 05:25:28 am »
Oh Snap 6 will be the opening indicator for Melee power ranking considerations this March. Expect a number of small in-state tournaments to get clear numbers on this. Also still checking on interest in Brawl power rankings...?

Offline Chozo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 09:50:40 am »
There's interest.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 11:04:41 am »
Site is fixed..... now I have to go in and upload all the good stuff, Oh Snap, tournaments Rules etc.
HxC LAN Center

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 02:33:33 pm »
There's interest.

I pretty much consider you, typ-ex, and Sonic interested. Bilal and Bassem might get in on it. I mean ♥♥♥♥♥ I'll let you guys round robin it out at the mini-tournaments, It'll just be like a couple of dollars you guys keep passing back and forth and a short list until more people show up. Perhaps if you do it enough no matter how small people will start showing up. So just look forward to a brawl RR I suppose. Once enough people start showing up for an amateur bracket then I'll need some people up on the metagame to manage that panel-wise.

Offline Chozo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 01:19:15 pm »
What is the plan for the mini-tournaments, anyway? Are you going to start them in February? Are they going to be monthly? Bi-Weekly?
Also, it would be a shame to forget Tulsa, they've got players too. Chuck Nasty won the tournament we went to Saturday.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 02:43:22 pm »
What is the plan for the mini-tournaments, anyway? Are you going to start them in February? Are they going to be monthly? Bi-Weekly?
Also, it would be a shame to forget Tulsa, they've got players too. Chuck Nasty won the tournament we went to Saturday.

Chuck Nasty is a beast
HxC LAN Center

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 10:12:16 am »
So is this weekends tournament going on the site for members to start gaining points?