Author Topic: FOCUS FIRE - Wong, Marn, Keits, Kbeast +MORE Dec 11/12 - $10k+ in Prizes - LIVES  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Minnwild;9340418
FOCUS FIRE FLYER

FOCUS FIRE, a tournament based organization created by Gaming Generations will be throwing a very large event on December 11th & 12th 2010 @ The La Crosse Center located in La Crosse, WI. The La Crosse Center offers over 18,000 square ft. of floor space w/ full concessions and bar. We will also be running professional level live feeds brought to you by Live Stream. These can be seen on the front page of Live Stream on Dec. 11th & 12th. This event will generate over $10,000 in cash prizes.

* 2 DAY EVENT
* ALL TOURNAMENT GAMES WILL BE COMPLETED BY THE END OF EACH DAY
* THIS MEANS FINALS WILL BE AT NIGHT FOR EACH GAME PLAYED

Top 5 reasons why everybody should attend this event for both days, Sat. & Sun. (Dec. 11th & 12th)

1) You can find a Hotel in the La Crosse/Onalaska area for cheap (Around $50-$70 a night). Link up with 3 other people and that's only $32.50 each for 2 nights if the cost is $65 per night. Also, the venue fee is only $5!

2) The tournament will be a fun place to meet up & play against other top level players. There will be area's devoted for free play, especially for fighter fans! Feel free to BYOS & BYOC.

3) Watch some good old competition on Sat. & Sun., the SSFIV randoms tournament will get very interesting, get ready for some upsets! Also, play in some of the side tournaments!

4) Sponsors at the event will be giving away some cool stuff on Saturday & Sunday. When I say cool stuff, I don't mean things like key chains, I mean good stuff like gaming accessories, consoles, etc. etc.

5) Focus Fire will be running a live feed at the event, you may get a chance to get on the live feed and show your skills off to the world!

Important notes about this event:

Important Note #1 - PRIZES: The prizes are guaranteed. Even better, companies that will be hopping on board may give extra prizes to tournament players and spectators. More info will be known on extra prizes in the near future.

Important Note #2 - REGISTRATION:
- Registration will open up on August 18th, 2010.
- From November 29th - December 8th the cost will increase to $15 per entry.
- Sign ups will not be accessible online on December 9th as we will be starting to organize the many brackets.
- If for some reason you do not pre-reg, don't worry, we will allow people to sign up at the event (emergency sign ups), but the cost will be $20 per player.
- The schedule can be found HERE.

Important Note #3 - PUBLICITY: There will be professional live broadcasts with commentary at the event. For now it is known that Keits & Okame will be 2 of the main commentators. There will be 2 main stages with 2 completely separate live broadcasts happening at the same time, one for the FPS games and one for the fighter games. We are doing our very best to promote this tournament. We anticipate full brackets for most tournament games and a busy stream. More information on the live feeds will be available soon.

Important Note #4 - COST: See registration details above for tournament entry costs. There will be a $5 venue fee for all players and spectators each day. Wristbands will be given to all tournament contestants.

Important Note #5 - PAYOUTS: Top finishers in a tournament will split the pot like so: 70%/20%/10% (100% payout from tournament entrance fee). or example, if 100 people enter a tournament, the total prize pool for that tournament will be $1000 ($100 x 10), paying out $700 to first place (70% of $1000), $200 to second place (20% of $1000), and $100 to third place (10% of $1000). More info on prizes.

Important Note #6 - PLAYERS: Super Street Fighter IV will be capped at 256 players. All other fighter games will be capped at 64 players except HDR w/ 128 players. Spots will fill up fast, so please do not delay signing up if you want to play.

Important Note #7 - BRACKETS: This will be a double elimination style event for all games. We will also try to keep players from the same state/ area from playing one another early in the tournament. If we do not fill up a bracket for some reason, BYE's will be given at random.

Important Note #8 - SIGN UP: Sign up for as many tournaments as you'd like! The more the merrier.

Important Note #9 - V.I.P: There will be a special lounge area for V.I.P members only. Free food, beverages comfortable seating and gaming setups will be included in this area. The nations top players will be awarded V.I.P access at the event and  will be playing in this area throughout the day and into the night. Players and spectators may upgrade their pass to V.I.P for a $25 additional fee per day.

Important Note #10 - EQUIPMENT: We will not provide controllers for the fighter game tournaments. You will need to bring your own. We are doing this to try and minimize down time (i.e. somebody waiting for a stick they can use). We will be using PS3 consoles for most of the fighting games.

Important Note #11 - SETUPS: If you would like to bring your own setup (BYOS), meaning t.v. and gaming system, there will be a small section with tables, chairs and T.V.'s that you may use. You may also want to host side tournaments as well, it's up to you!

Important Note #12 - HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS: No problem, CLICK HERE! - Our recommendation to all players flying into this event is to stay at the Radisson Hotel as it is directly next to the La Crosse Center. The Radisson offers a free shuttle to the Radisson Hotel from the La Crosse airport and a free ride back to the airport from the Radisson.

SIDE TOURNAMENTS AT THE EVENT

Street Fighter Turbo - Playing On An Astro Cab - High Stakes Side Tournament - $25 entry day of - Starts at 4pm Sat. Dec. 11th

VS - Playing On An Astro Cab - Side Tournament - $5 entry day of - Starts at 6pm Sat. Dec. 11th

Click for more side tournaments!

Moving on to the main event fighting games that will be played...

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV TOURNAMENT
* DATE – Sunday Dec. 12th
* REGISTRATION – Starts at 9 a.m - Sign up early and SAVE!
* START TIME - 12 Noon
* VIEW THE SCHEDULE
* All Players must show up at least 1 hour before the tournament game begins
- 1 v 1
- Using PS3 consoles (US)
- Limit 256 players
- Check out the rules for registration deadlines for prices on entering.
- All players and spectators must pay a $5 venue fee upon entering the La Crosse Center.
- 100% payout from tournament entrance fee (70/20/10)
- If 256 players enter, you can potentially earn $3,292 for 1st w/ the bonus pot included
- Cash Bonus $1500 for 1st place
- Cash Bonus $500 for 2nd place
- Cash Bonus $100 for 3rd place

- Playing on 23″ Asus VH236H monitors
- Bring your own controllers, we will not have controllers available for use
- Default Clock (99)
- Everything else is default
- Random level pick
- All characters may be used
- Character color 12 is BANNED!
- 2/3 rounds best out of 3 DOUBLE ELIMINATION bracket style
- Semi finals and finals will be 3/5 rounds best out of 3
- In finals, player from losers bracket must beat player from winners bracket twice
- Winning player MAY NOT switch characters
- Winning player MAY switch ultra (must pick ultra before loser picks their ultra)
- Losing player may switch characters & change ultra
- Players may choose if they would like double blind before match

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV RANDOMS TOURNAMENT
* DATE – Saturday Dec. 11th
* START TIME - 12 Noon
* VIEW THE SCHEDULE
- 1 v 1
- Limit 128 players
- Each player must choose the random character select before each match begins
- Check out the RULES for registration deadlines & prices for entering.
- All players and spectators must pay a $5 venue fee upon entering the La Crosse Center.
- Pot Bonus $500
- Player entrance costs will also get thrown into the pot
- Top 16 players will be paid out of the pot in the following percentages:

- 1st Place - 48% of pot
- 2nd Place - 16% of pot
- 3rd Place - 8% of pot
- 4th Place - 4% of pot
- 5th Place - 3% of pot (2 people)
- 7th Place - 2.5% of pot (2 people)
- 9th Place - 2% of pot (4 people)
- 13th Place - 1.25% of pot (4 people)
- Win some extra cash to help pay your way to EVO 2011 in Las Vegas!
- Playing on 23" Asus VH236H monitors
- Default Clock (99)
- Random level pick
- Character color 12 is BANNED!
- Both players MUST choose random character select whether they won or lost the 1st game
- Semi finals and finals will be 3/5 rounds best out of 3
- In finals, player from losers bracket must beat player from winners bracket twice

TEKKEN 6 TOURNAMENT
* START TIME - 3 p.m
* VIEW THE SCHEDULE

- 1 v 1
- Limit 64 players
- 100% payout from players $10 tournament entrance fee (70/20/10)
- If 64 players enter, you can potentially earn $498 for 1st w/ the bonus pot included
- Cash Bonus $50 for 1st place
- Cash Bonus $30 for 2nd place
- Cash Bonus $10 for 3rd place
- Will be using 23″ Asus VH236H monitors
- Bring your own controllers, we will not have controllers available for use.
- Guard damage default (off)
- Default time (60)
- Random level pick (If players cannot agree on level, a coin will be flipped)
- Can use any character
- Players may not change colors, names or items
- 3/5 rounds best of 3 DOUBLE ELIMINATION bracket style
- Losing player may switch character
- Losing player may switch characters

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO HDR TOURNAMENT
* START TIME - 1 pm
* VIEW THE SCHEDULE

- 1 v 1
- Limit 128 players
- If 128 players enter, you can potentially earn $1,146 for 1st w/ the bonus pot included
– Cash Bonus $250 for 1st place

- Default Clock (99)
- Random level pick
- Character AKUMA is BANNED!

TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM TOURNAMENT
* START TIME - 11 a.m
* VIEW THE SCHEDULE

- 1 v 1
- Using Wii consoles (US)
- Using (US) TvC games
- If 64 players enter, you can potentially earn $698 for 1st w/ the bonus pot included
- Cash Bonus $250 for 1st place

- Limit 64 players
- Using CRT’s or similar non-lag t.v.’s
- Default game settings and handicap
- Random level pick
- Default round timer (99)
- Can use any character
- 2/3 matches best of 3 DOUBLE ELIMINATION bracket style

STREET FIGHTER III: THIRD STRIKE TOURNAMENT
* START TIME - 2 p.m
* VIEW THE SCHEDULE

- 2v2 (team/two-player vs. two-player)
- Using PS2 consoles (US)
- Limit 64 teams
- If 128 players enter (64 teams), you can potentially earn $1,146 for 1st w/ the bonus pot included
– Cash Bonus $250 for 1st place

- Using CRT’s or similar non-lag t.v.’s
- Default game settings and handicap
- Default time limit (99)
- Random level pick
- Can use any character except the following: GILL
- 2/3 rounds best of 3 DOUBLE ELIMINATION bracket style

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THIS EVENT:

- Team members may not play as the same character
- Like said above, GILL IS BANNED
- In game judgment feature will be used if match ends up in a draw.

HERE IS HOW THIS TOURNAMENT IS PLAYED:

- Team 1, Player 1 will fight Team 2, Player 1 and then Team 2, Player 2
- Team 1, Player 2 will fight Team 2, Player 1 and then Team 2, Player 2
- If one of the teams has the majority wins, the game is over, if tied a final match is played
- The winning player from each team fights the other to determine the winning team

BLAZBLUE CONTINUUM SHIFT TOURNAMENT
* START TIME - 1 P.M
* VIEW THE SCHEDULE
- 1v1
- Using PS3 consoles (US) (all characters will be unlocked)
- Limit 32 players
- Check out the RULES for registration deadlines & prices for entering
- All players and spectators must pay a $5 venue fee upon entering the La Crosse Center
- If 32 players enter, you can potentially earn $274 for 1st w/ the bonus pot included
- $50 cash bonus pot 1st place
- $30 cash bonus pot 2nd place
- $20 cash bonus pot 3rd place

- 2/3 for brackets
- 3/5 for WF/LF/GF(Losers bracket has to win two sets)
- Double elimination
- Time limit-99 seconds
- No Unlimited Characters
- No Beginner Mode

WE NEED HELP FROM THE SCENE!

We are looking for individuals from the scene to help officiate and run the fighting game tournaments. It is important to us that everybody who is helping out with the fighting game side of this event knows what they are doing. By becoming a staff member, you will gain access to the V.I.P. lounge area, a place where only vendors and staff members will be able to go. Among other benefits you'll get a staff t-shirt and will get a special lanyard to make you look and feel pretty darn important. Contact us if you would like to help.

MEDIA COVERAGE

If you are coming to the event strictly for media purposes, the venue fee will be waved. Please CONTACT FOCUS FIRE and give us a brief explanation of what you are planning on doing at the event. If you work for a certain company, such as a website, please let us know that information as well. We will review your submitted information and if all looks good, we will grant you a media pass. You must be at least 17 years of age and have a valid ID to be eligible for a media pass. Once you are granted a media pass, we will send a confirmation email to you. You must print out the email confirmation and bring it to the event along with your ID and we will give you a media lanyard.

PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK OUT FOCUS-FIRE.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION SUCH AS THE PLAYER GUIDE, PRIZES & OTHER THINGS ALIKE.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me on SRK. You can also contact me through the Contact Us link on Focus-Fire.com Or you can ask questions on the Focus Fire Forums.

If would like to become a sponsor for this event, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.

quoted from SRK like normal.

Looks sweet.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
this thing is sponsored by a lot of crap too lol

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
Aww man, too soon and too expensive for me.

Who all in OK is going to this?

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
oh please nobody in OK is willing to leave but me anymore, maybe Saif but i'm sure he has other things on his plate.

I might but I even doubt it myself because i came across it far too soon.

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
IDK I leave for smash all the time. I don't feel confident enough in my skills at these games right now to justify an out of state trip, since I never purchased Continuum Shift and I don't really play TvC anymore.

When MvC 3 comes out I'm going to try and get back into a competitive 2D fighter, but right now my Melee game is sooooo good I don't think I even want to jump into any of those fighters that have been out for a year now.

Hope to start placing in teams soon, peach is a hard character to take to finals...but Kos Mos does it so I can do it.

Anyway be sure and post about the results here in this thread as I'd like to see how Oklahoma does.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
lol if any OK people go lol

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Wait aren't you going?

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
lol remember my first reply man, look at it again

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Okay, well come to Oh Snap and setup BBCS or some Melty Blood in the corner, I bet ppl that get knocked out of Melee early will play some fighters with ya or you could have a little mini tourney. A pool of 100 people for friendlies sounds pretty awesome.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
that does sound kinda cool actually.