Author Topic: Game X Change tournaments  (Read 2829 times)

Offline GXCTulsa

• Business Owner
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
    • Game X Change
Game X Change tournaments
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:06:14 pm »
Game X Change is cancelling all fighter tournaments from this point on except Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I am going to see how that one turns out.

From this point on it is only going to be Shooters I guess. Wish we could have more variety but it doesn't seem there is the support for it.

Offline sheezy

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: SHEEZZYY
Re: Game X Change tournaments
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »
You should honestly do a Halo Reach 1v1 tournament. 10 dollar buy in. 1st and 2nd get prize 80/20. i could help you with the rules and settings. i think this would be a pretty good turnout considering there are at least 6 2v2 teams that show up every time! let me know micah! :)

xXRAINERXx

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:34:11 pm »
aweesssommmeeeee!!!!!  More Black Ops for me.

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 04:10:06 pm »
Sad day.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:07:03 pm »
Game X Change is cancelling all fighter tournaments from this point on except Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I am going to see how that one turns out.

From this point on it is only going to be Shooters I guess. Wish we could have more variety but it doesn't seem there is the support for it.

Theres tons of fighters... theres more fighters then shooters.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 02:31:24 pm »
But none want to do tournaments, apparently. With most fighters only dedicated to one or two games at a time, if you don't find the sweet spot on what's hot, no one will show as was seen Saturday when 3 of us showed.

Also, the fight community tends to be more dramatic. If its not on the system they prefer, the genre they enjoy or the series they support... there is no budging them. With 3d virtually dead in tulsa and 2d essentially limited to ssf4, the fighter market is pretty stale at the moment.

Nationally, mk has been a middle ground between 2d and 3d. Many big names from both communities have been showing major interest in it, but ok has always been slow to accept new things.

Hopefully in the future one of the communities will pick up, show more interest, and be more supportive in the future.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:01:25 pm »
But none want to do tournaments, apparently. With most fighters only dedicated to one or two games at a time, if you don't find the sweet spot on what's hot, no one will show as was seen Saturday when 3 of us showed.

Also, the fight community tends to be more dramatic. If its not on the system they prefer, the genre they enjoy or the series they support... there is no budging them. With 3d virtually dead in tulsa and 2d essentially limited to ssf4, the fighter market is pretty stale at the moment.

Nationally, mk has been a middle ground between 2d and 3d. Many big names from both communities have been showing major interest in it, but ok has always been slow to accept new things.

Hopefully in the future one of the communities will pick up, show more interest, and be more supportive in the future.

Sweet spot??? Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox 360 and I bet you 20 plus would show
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 03:07:53 pm »
Like I said, find a sweet spot.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 05:50:00 am »

Sweet spot??? Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox 360 and I bet you 20 plus would show

Actually, no MvC had a zero turn out at a Tulsa event just the other day.

Promotion - is a BIG deal about the fighter genre...

...another problem is what is hot - and what is not.  And even then - it can be hard. 

A big problem - most "fighters" are pansies and after they get their nose bloodied at one tournament - they are done.  They were never really fighting gamers, just someone that wandered in and played the part for an afternoon.

The good news - Rev and others are working on building - communities.  Working on weekly and monthly events = building community.  Only with a solid community of fighters will we see more reliable turn out imo. 

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!