Author Topic: Tulsa - Planning OKg's 6th Anni at TCC Metro (CONSOLE/TABLETOP/CCG) - 2/25/12  (Read 15310 times)

Offline sheezy

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: SHEEZZYY
So no Halo 2v2? its been a ritual at the TCC metro events for like 4 years! :/ I guess ill go break my halo..

Ill def come if there is a NBA 2K12 tournament.. Let me know

Offline ThirdMarioBro

• OKgamers T.O.
  • Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • GamesAreEvil
  • SEN ID: ThirdMarioBro
  • XBL ID: ThirdMarioBro
Sports/Arcade gamers: Here's one I'll float out there. Any interest in the upcoming NFL Blitz revival? It'll be out by playoffs season and looks to bring a modern revival of that classic late 90s arcade football brigade of blazing players, turbo buttons, and comedic cursing style of play.

Offline mmmapplesauce

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: mmapplesauce321
Loved that game? What it coming out for? Or do you plan on playing the originals?

Offline ThirdMarioBro

• OKgamers T.O.
  • Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • GamesAreEvil
  • SEN ID: ThirdMarioBro
  • XBL ID: ThirdMarioBro
There's a new revival coming out at the start of the year for 360/PS3, likely during the NFL playoffs in January. Just wondering if anybody would be interested in that.

Offline NiGhTMaRe

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Road to Pro
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: vVv VoIume
GoW 3??? :))))
vVv Volume
Check out www.vVv-Gaming.com !

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA

Sheezy - Ricky of HxC performs the role of "Community Lead" for pretty much every FPS currently:  he states that you can throw $1000 at Halo players, and barely get 6 to 8 teams...  Throw that same sorta deal for MW, you get 300 people.  So - no need to support Halo if people don't care anymore; but I'll give you a chance to prove Ricky wrong.  This event - is locked in now; however you can still get Halo a spot at Tokyo in Tulsa by proving that Halo players still care.  At least "compete" with the attendance of MW3 at the Sapulpa Central Tech event on 1/21 and we'll talk for Tokyo in Tulsa.  Otherwise - Ricky sounds right, and it's MW3 and Gear's time; you know the community, rally your troops for 1/21; 2/25 has gone to Mw3 and Gears due to lack of Halo interest.

(PS... Why care about Tokyo in Tulsa?  A little birdy told me they are putting in OVER $800 into the FPS pots...)

This event - GEARS 3 - 2v2, MW3 - 2v2.   Halo still around - prove it at 1/21.

Gears of War 3 2v2 and Mw3 2v2 confirmed!!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline for reaL iZ siK

• learned the ropes
  • HYPEFESTATION 3/12
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: lmaginez
yay finally :D

Offline NiGhTMaRe

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Road to Pro
    • View Profile

Sheezy - Ricky of HxC performs the role of "Community Lead" for pretty much every FPS currently:  he states that you can throw $1000 at Halo players, and barely get 6 to 8 teams...  Throw that same sorta deal for MW, you get 300 people.  So - no need to support Halo if people don't care anymore; but I'll give you a chance to prove Ricky wrong.  This event - is locked in now; however you can still get Halo a spot at Tokyo in Tulsa by proving that Halo players still care.  At least "compete" with the attendance of MW3 at the Sapulpa Central Tech event on 1/21 and we'll talk for Tokyo in Tulsa.  Otherwise - Ricky sounds right, and it's MW3 and Gear's time; you know the community, rally your troops for 1/21; 2/25 has gone to Mw3 and Gears due to lack of Halo interest.

(PS... Why care about Tokyo in Tulsa?  A little birdy told me they are putting in OVER $800 into the FPS pots...)

This event - GEARS 3 - 2v2, MW3 - 2v2.   Halo still around - prove it at 1/21.

Gears of War 3 2v2 and Mw3 2v2 confirmed!!

X A

why not 4v4 in GoW?
vVv Volume

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
why not 4v4 in GoW?
GoW hasn't proven to have a strong local community yet, and I highly doubt they end up proving otherwise. So a 2v2 gives the tournament more of a chance of having enough teams. If it's 4v4 and only 3 teams show up that sucks and is a waste. But if that same amount of people show up and it's a 2v2, it goes from 3 teams to 6, making a tournament better.

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline NiGhTMaRe

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • Road to Pro
    • View Profile
why not 4v4 in GoW?
GoW hasn't proven to have a strong local community yet, and I highly doubt they end up proving otherwise. So a 2v2 gives the tournament more of a chance of having enough teams. If it's 4v4 and only 3 teams show up that sucks and is a waste. But if that same amount of people show up and it's a 2v2, it goes from 3 teams to 6, making a tournament better.

I understand that but with the fact GoW3 has majority of the GoW community back, and it's most likely going to be put on the Circuit next year alot of people are trying to get 4's in for practice, not waste their times with dubs.

Just my thoughts, I know theres been gow lans with little showouts, I attended them. It was still better having 4 teams 4v4 then 8 teams of doubles. I've got a team of 4 just wanna get in some LAN before attending Hypefestation,MLG,Etc for the experience.

just my 2 cents bud
vVv Volume

Offline CDC24

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: GeneralHannibal_
I'd go for KOFXIII.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
why not 4v4 in GoW?

I understand that but with the fact GoW3 has majority of the GoW community back, and it's most likely going to be put on the Circuit next year alot of people are trying to get 4's in for practice, not waste their times with dubs.

Just my thoughts, I know theres been gow lans with little showouts, I attended them. It was still better having 4 teams 4v4 then 8 teams of doubles. I've got a team of 4 just wanna get in some LAN before attending Hypefestation,MLG,Etc for the experience.

just my 2 cents bud

You are right so lets build please, Also I'm still 100 percent positive about Halo.. I mean theres too many complaints, drama, teams breaking up the day before... I mean come on $1,000 guaranteed and only 29 people show up? ridiculous.

Gear of War 3.... Nightmare Do you have a local 4v4 team? I play gears and I only know 1 legit full team.. until Gears proves a ton of people show? 2v2's will be ran. Also I see you still havent signed up for the 2v2 on our site... Whats up with that?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
I'd go for KOFXIII.

There should be a few more floating around the forum that could support this - hopefully they will!

--

GEARS OF WAR / HALO / COD - fall to their Community Lead's decisions.  However, since FPS is so combustible, we normally only have one or 2 people to listen to; currently one.  Timmy.  More on Community Leads here - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3830.0.html

2v2 Halo vs Not / etc - all determined by what the Community Lead had seen; and he's already weighed in, so I'll leave it at that.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Ice

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: TheIceSentinel
Did someone say GoW3? Point me in the prize muneyz direction! Will there be SC2 at the TCC event or TiT? I'll read more posts later, meh.

You know a good game that never really got any rep was War for Cybertron. Really fast paced, chaotic shooter. Plus I mean, robot death match, come on!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Did someone say GoW3? Point me in the prize muneyz direction! Will there be SC2 at the TCC event or TiT? I'll read more posts later, meh.

You know a good game that never really got any rep was War for Cybertron. Really fast paced, chaotic shooter. Plus I mean, robot death match, come on!

You are in the right place sir.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center