Author Topic: Oklahoma City - Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma (G-FLO) 6th Premier Tournament - 3/17/12  (Read 6142 times)

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma (G-FLO) 6th Premier Tournament

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cactus Jack's Arcade
1211 N Council Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73127

Games & entry fees:
There will be a one-time $5 equipment fee when you sign up. The equipment fee will be waived for anyone who brings a game setup (console, game disc(s), and low-lag LCD monitor) to be used during the tournament.

Street Fighter X Tekken (Xbox 360) - $10
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360) - $10
Super Street Fighter IV AE2012 (Xbox 360) - $10
The King of Fighters XIII (PS3) - $10
Soulcalibur V (PS3) - $10

The pot will be split 70%/20%/10% for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place respectively. If a game has less than 10 entrants, the pot will be split 80%/20% instead.

Tentative schedule:
3:00PM - We will begin setting up around this time
3:30PM - Registration open for all games
4:00PM - SSF4AE and KOF13
5:30PM - UMVC3 and SC5
7:00PM - SFXT

Please make sure you arrive with enough time to register!

Rules:
- Double elimination
- Button mapping is allowed
- No turbo or macros
- Stage selection will be random if both players cannot agree on a stage
- You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
- Pausing is not allowed. If the game is paused accidentally or on purpose by a player, the opponent will be awarded that game, unless it is clear that gameplay could not have been affected (for example, in the middle of an ultra animation) or if the other player agrees to continue playing.

SFXT
- Versus mode, 99 seconds, 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games (3/5 grand finals), no handicap
- Gems are not allowed. This is because it takes too long to configure them for each match. Each station should have all gems disabled for all characters.
- "Quick combos" may not be modified from their default settings.

UMVC3
- Versus mode, 99 seconds, 2/3 games (3/5 grand finals), no handicap, medium damage (default)
- "Simple" control type is not allowed.
- The winner of a game may change assist types (not characters).
- "Auto super jump" will be disabled on all stations.

SSF4AE
- Versus mode, 99 seconds, 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games (3/5 grand finals), no handicap
- The winner of a game may change ultra (not character).

KOF13
- Versus mode, 60 seconds, 2/3 games (3/5 grand finals), no handicap, medium damage (default)
- The winner of a game may change character order (not characters).
- DLC characters will be available.

SC5
- Versus mode, 60 seconds, 3/5 rounds, 2/3 games (3/5 grand finals), 100% health and soul gauge
- Stage selection is random.
- The winner of a game may not change character. The loser may request a new random stage selection or change character.
- Create-a-Soul characters are not allowed.

Please bring your own fight sticks or controllers. Otherwise, you will need to convince someone to let you borrow theirs. If you want to use a PlayStation controller on an Xbox 360 or vice versa, it is your responsibility to supply your own converter.

We will use location-based seeding (if necessary). This means that if you and your friend(s) enter the tournament together, you will be spread out in the bracket so that you don't play each other early in the tournament. Make sure that you let us know while signing up on the day of the tournament if this applies to you so we can create the bracket appropriately.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments. We hope to see you there!

Shoryuken.com tournament thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mar-17-2012-gentlemens-fighting-league-of-oklahoma-6th-premier-tournament-oklahoma-city-ok.155568/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:50:14 pm by drumist »
The Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma (G-FLO)

Offline KoChief

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
so that will be 15 in total? provided I register for one game. I try to post on Shoryuken but always gives me a invalid message error.
Don't hate the player.
Hate the game

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
so that will be 15 in total? provided I register for one game. I try to post on Shoryuken but always gives me a invalid message error.

Yes. $15 to enter one game, $25 for two games, etc.

Offline KoChief

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
ahh ok just wanted to clairfy. Hmm..the controller thing could be an issue as I dont have a 360 yet and Im new in town so I has no friends :(
Don't hate the player.
Hate the game

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
ahh ok just wanted to clairfy. Hmm..the controller thing could be an issue as I dont have a 360 yet and Im new in town so I has no friends :(

What type of controller do you play on?

Offline KoChief

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
just a regular ol 360 controller. never been a stick guy...old fashioned I guess prefer the dpad
Don't hate the player.
Hate the game

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
Why does everyone play fighting games on the 360? If you were to do major rules they strictly go with the PS3.

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Why does everyone play fighting games on the 360? If you were to do major rules they strictly go with the PS3.

Actually it's pretty evenly divided between Xbox360 and PS3 at major events for Capcom games. But our decision has to do with what we can get more of, and we've found that we can get more Xboxes at tournaments than PS3s, so we've stuck with it. I totally understand that not everyone is going to be happy with that decision though.

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
A few Majors run on PS3. About half run on 360 (like Drumist said). Pretty much the only reason that PS3 is used is because Sony sponsors Evo. Otherwise, the 360 version is superior (for Capcom games).

Offline KoChief

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Agreed...I dont hate sony i grew up with PS. Just over the course of SF4 and a few others I have grown more attached to the 360. Dunnnnno why
Don't hate the player.
Hate the game

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher

Yea Sony knows that if they dont sponsor they are in trouble in the competitive community. But the rules go well on 360 so I dont get your your point about rules.
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline KoChief

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
if there will be 360 controllers there. count the KoChief in  ;)
Don't hate the player.
Hate the game

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
if there will be 360 controllers there. count the KoChief in  ;)

I'd suggest asking on SRK if someone will let you borrow one. Most of us play on arcade stick.

Offline KoChief

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
well its odd I have a hard time posting over there. Alot of times it gives me invalid message. it gets quite frustrating
Don't hate the player.
Hate the game

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Updated the main post to reflect the fact that gems will not be allowed in SFXT. This decision was made because the tournament would take twice as long if we allowed each person to customize their gems.