Author Topic: Norman - HxC Super Bit Wars - Marvel Vs Capcom 3 & Mortal Kombat 9 - 8/20/2011  (Read 13476 times)

Offline Solidus

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: SolidusSpriggan
See Post #2 .....

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 & Mortal Kombat 9

This will be on Xbox 360 BUT AcXess Gaming will be getting converters to assist with Ps3 players. Link of the converter will work with any fight stick/pad/ps3 wired controller soon.

HxC Gaming & AcXess Gaming will be throwing in a total of $100 to the ultimate fighter go to Super Bit Wars on Facebook to learn about the Details

When:
August 20th, 2011

Where:
Oklahoma Student Union
900 Asp Ave
Norman, OK 73069

Times:
Registration: 11:00am to 1:00pm (Tournament will start 1:30pm Sharp)

Price:
$5 venue fee
$10 per gamer

**NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT AT THIS EVENT -- NO EXCEPTIONS**

For Instant Event Updates:
405-924-2205

Equipment:
We will be providing 8 ASUS monitors and 8 360s

Need help with 7 Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and 7 Mortal Kombat 9

Concessions:
Everyone that pays entry for this event will be getting FREE Drinks and Snacks while supplies last.

Responsibility:
HxC will not be responsible for anyone’s equipment but our own. We suggest marking your equipment with your name somehow, whether that be tape and just your name on the tape or a sticker of some sort. However you want to do it, as long as you know its yours. We are willing to label things for you.

Check out our social networks!
www.myspace.com/hxclancenter
www.facebook.com/hxclancenter
www.twitter.com/hxclancenter
www.youtube.com/user/hxclancenter

Confirmation List (So Far)

Timmy Skorcher
SlipKNot
Ghost
AdamLarch
Taylor Darth Vador
Joe Momma
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:48:57 pm by Timmy Skorcher »
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Do the converters work with madcatz te sticks?  Currently the converters I'm aware of that have the least input lag do not work with te sticks accordng to srk.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
Do the converters work with madcatz te sticks?  Currently the converters I'm aware of that have the least input lag do not work with te sticks accordng to srk.

Probably so but using the ones that Xbox 360 gamers have to use which includes the entire Ark community. I'm just trying to not to exclude ps3 gamers.

Also this is just like a GFlo event. I'm sure there will be fighters there willing to lend
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:19:51 am by Timmy Skorcher »
HxC LAN Center

Offline Twitch73

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Made You Look will be Cumming for MK9 and prepare to get dominated by Ponyta and crew!
"Best Poster in Oklahoma"

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
wait wait... the original Bit Wars was also gonna have Blazblue and Arcana Heart, ♥♥♥♥♥ and SSF4 AE, it was attracting some Dallas and Kansas attention because of em.

No longer happening?

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
wait wait... the original Bit Wars was also gonna have Blazblue and Arcana Heart, ♥♥♥♥♥ and SSF4 AE, it was attracting some Dallas and Kansas attention because of em.

No longer happening?

It is still happening. Its just Solidus was HxC affiliate. We named our event Super Bit Wars. Hes doing  Blazblue etc HxC is doing MK 9 and Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Post if your coming. I'm posting the bracket weekly so everyone can get a good idea of whos coming.
HxC LAN Center

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
can't you guys have a unified fighters' post?  that way those who want to travel to this combined event know whats available?  I know that those who are traveling up play a multitude of fighters.  Having to hunt down 2 or 3 posts to see what all is available could be misleading.

Offline Furyswrath

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: furyswrath
  • XBL ID: furyswrath
thread Merged with the Original.

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
hrm.. that was almost productive, but solidus edited the main post and said see post #2.  i'm taking that means its only going to be mk9 and mvc3 now?  oh well, not that i care... mk9 is the only one i'm concerned with.  SORRY TIM!

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
hrm.. that was almost productive, but solidus edited the main post and said see post #2.  i'm taking that means its only going to be mk9 and mvc3 now?  oh well, not that i care... mk9 is the only one i'm concerned with.  SORRY TIM!

Thanks Fury. Rev you are good you are making good suggestions. Only reason its separated is because HxC is hosting this at this event.. and Anime Society is hosting the other events. Sorry about the confusion also we keep fighters away from shooters because shooters are aggressive posters.
HxC LAN Center

Offline rev

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
I understand the need to separate the shooters and the fighters.  I was just concerned about separating the fighters from other fighters.  Just trying to watch out for the other guys who play multiple fighters.  Don't want people who primary ssf, blazblu or whatever to not show up because they thought it would only be mk9 and mvc3.  A lot of those guys secondary mk9 and mvc3 and only play in those tournaments if they happen to be available at an event hosting ssf or whatever.

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
I understand the need to separate the shooters and the fighters.  I was just concerned about separating the fighters from other fighters.  Just trying to watch out for the other guys who play multiple fighters.  Don't want people who primary ssf, blazblu or whatever to not show up because they thought it would only be mk9 and mvc3.  A lot of those guys secondary mk9 and mvc3 and only play in those tournaments if they happen to be available at an event hosting ssf or whatever.

Yea.. but I have to separate it because HxC and Anime Society is two different things. On our flyers it explains it better but in the forums please understand that it is a full fledge shooter and fighter tournament.
HxC LAN Center

Offline SmokeMaxX

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
If you're still interested in the converters we have available, they're PS2 -> 360 (requires 360 wired controller as a "security bypass"), PS2 -> PS3, 360 -> PS3. They can't do PS3 -> 360.
For TEs it shouldn't really matter since there should be plenty of 360 TEs there (assuming they don't have some weird mod or play on some strange custom layout).
For PS3 pads, you can just use a PS2 pad and convert.
Anyone else has to find some other way to use their material.

There are no official reviews on the converters we're using, but posts on SRK, Youtube, and people that I have seen that own the converter make it seem as if the converters are fine.

Offline TheTrillz

• Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
  • SEN ID: TheTrillz
  • XBL ID: TheTrillz
Did anyone go to this?