Author Topic: OKC - Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma - 8th Tournament (G-FLO 8) - 11/03/2012  (Read 3649 times)

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma - 8th Tournament (G-FLO 8)

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cactus Jack's Arcade
1211 N Council Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73127

Games & entry fees:
There will be a one-time $5 equipment fee when you sign up. The equipment fee will be waived for anyone who brings a game setup (console, game disc(s), and low-lag LCD monitor) to be used during the tournament.

Super Street Fighter IV AE2012 (Xbox 360) - $10
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360) - $10

The pot will be split 70%/20%/10% for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place respectively. If a game has less than 10 entrants, the pot will be split 80%/20% instead.

Schedule:
3:30PM - Begin setting up
4:00PM - Registration open for both games
4:30PM - SSF4AE
6:00PM - UMVC3
AFTER  - Casuals

You may register up until the point when each game is scheduled to begin. Please make sure you arrive with enough time to register!

Except where otherwise stated, we will use Evo Championship Series rules as laid out here: http://evo.shoryuken.com/evo-player-guide/

Rules:
- Double elimination
- If the game is paused accidentally or on purpose by a player, the opponent will be awarded that game, unless it is clear that gameplay could not have been affected (for example, in the middle of an ultra animation) or if the opponent agrees to continue playing.
- SSF4AE: 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games (3/5 grand finals). The winner of a game may change ultra (not character).
- UMVC3: 3/5 games (including grand finals). The winner of a game may NOT change assist types, characters, or order. "Auto super jump" disabled. No "simple mode".

Please bring your own fight sticks or controllers. Otherwise, you will need to convince someone to let you borrow theirs. If you want to use a PlayStation controller, it is your responsibility to supply your own converter.

We will use location-based seeding (if necessary). This means that if you and your friend(s) enter the tournament together, you will be spread out in the bracket so that you don't play each other early in the tournament. Make sure that you let us know while signing up on the day of the tournament if this applies to you so we can create the bracket appropriately.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments. Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:08:59 pm by drumist »
The Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma (G-FLO)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
I been looking for you man. Inbox me your number
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
Can't wait!  ;D

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Those of you who have been to a tournament at Cactus Jack's before know that it can be difficult to hear the game sounds because of loud music from the nearby DDR machines and jukebox. Some people rely on the game sound for combo timing and/or reacting, so starting this tournament we will have headphone splitters with independent volume control available for all setups. If you want to be able to hear the game audio, you must bring your own standard 1/8" jack (not USB) headphones to use. We will not be providing headphones for you. If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

Edit: I've decided against this for now. There won't be headphones used at the tournament this time as I have not given enough advanced notice. However, if you'd like to see headphones used at future tournaments please let me know so I can get feedback on what people want. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:10:34 pm by drumist »

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Results:

SSF4AE (bracket)
 1 Zohta : $112.00
 2 Smallpox Blanket : $32.00
 3 ARK SmokeMaxX : $16.00

UMVC3 (bracket)
 1 Zohta : $147.00
 2 Supwichu : $42.00
 3 Ultimate Faust : $21.00