Author Topic: OKC World of Warcraft  (Read 2632 times)

Offline jason.summers

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
OKC World of Warcraft
« on: January 17, 2012, 01:32:26 pm »
Greetings all!

My roommates and I started a guild for Oklahoma players named <Oklahoma Quakenaders> (thought it was fitting for the times that we are in and also addresses the state!) on the Garona server.  Garona is a central time zone PVE server.

I've scoured the internet for working Oklahoma based guilds and really have found none, until today but the latest posts have been almost a year ago. 

So to remedy this, we created <Oklahoma Quakenaders>.  Our goal:  to meet people in and around Oklahoma who like to play World of Warcraft.  And that's pretty much it.  At this time we have 5 people in the guild, my 2 roommates, a work friend and his wife, and myself.  We'd love to gain more players who want to run dungeons and quest with us, and hopefully raid.

I've had more fun playing WoW now than I have in the past, mainly because I know the people I'm playing with now, whereas before everyone I met were strangers with no goal in mind but to get better lootz.  I found it hard to be me even in this virtual world where I could be anything I wanted to be.

If you are finding something missing in your WoW excursions and are ready to start over, why not come join us?  Fear not for being weird or a nerd, my roommates and myself fit that bill nicely.  Fear not for being a noob!  I tend to do noobish things all the time!  Fear not for having no WoW friends!!  We want to be your WoW friend!!!  :)

<Oklahoma Quakenaders> is right for you, or your alt, or your dog!  Find Nosai, human priest, on the Garona server or send me an email and you'll get your invite.  Just be prepared to have fun!

Lastly, we are all about helping people enjoy the game.  I help out when a guildie needs money for mounts or to fly, needs bags, or just needs general help on anything.  That is what makes World of Warcraft fun for me.  I'm pretty honest, I believe in honor and being true to oneself, and never saying hurtful words if I know I wouldn't want it said to me.  Those are not guild requirements, just who the guildleader is.  :)

Hit us up if you think this sounds just about right for you.  Til then, WoW on!!!

Offline Norvak

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • Black Legion Mercenary Company
Re: OKC World of Warcraft
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »
I sent you a PM, kinda interested in this.  I play with 6 other people on Aggramar that live in the OKC area.  They just are not active atm.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:32:35 am »
I'll move this to the PC area, might get more views there.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline jason.summers

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 09:44:14 am »
Hey thanks for the move, and for the PM  :)

Update for any interested:  We did our first guild dungeon run last night with level 15 characters...feel like we've been working on this feat for ages...and it was a lot of fun.  We're still a very small level 1 guild, but that will change with the more dungeons we do.

The open invitation is always there for any who would like to join this small movement.  We do have hopes to grow larger and eventually move into harder content, but I know how hard it is to leave a level 85 in another realm and to start over.

If interested definitely send an email or find Jasonius (lvl 17) or Nosai (lvl 79) online on the Garona server.  Happy WoW'ing everyone!

Offline theimmortalmoo

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
    • My clan
  • XBL ID: immortal moo
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 12:06:38 pm »
That'd be neat, although not big on alliance, I'll be happy to try it out when i get my Cata in the mail.

Offline Norvak

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
    • Black Legion Mercenary Company
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:16:33 am »
That's my biggest thing.  I have a small handful of alliance, but I really cant stand to play them.  I am Horde through and through. Just wish I could find a reliable arena partner that plays in the evenings.