Author Topic: Mentor me in MTG!  (Read 3261 times)

Offline MayokeOni

• Startin' Out
  • Held in young hands light is fleeting
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Mentor me in MTG!
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:52:13 pm »
I'm lookin' for someone in Tulsa to teach me the ropes of MTG.  I inherited a collection and can pay you in your choice of a few cards from my collection, including 1 rare of your choice.  The collection spans from second ed. to alara.  Let me know if interested and we can work out a place/date/time.

Thanks in advanced
in your home world, you survived to live a happy and prosperous life. that is how you made it to the present point in time. however, here in this "alternate" world, you are, in fact, very dead and buried.

Offline ManicGamer

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
Re: Mentor me in MTG!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 06:08:14 pm »
I am interested in learning the ropes too. I would be more comfortable meeting a willing teacher in a public place like a Barnes and Noble or other place. My location is Tulsa near Woodland Hills Mall. I can't pay you anything so it would have to be out of a willingness to share. I really want to play though and I am willing to commit too the game. I currently have a basic starter pack and read the online manual but I'm still pretty muddy about how to play. I can get more playing cards if they are needed. Looking forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks!

Offline MayokeOni

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 06:10:19 pm »
I was wanting to do it in a public place as well.  Anyone willing to take us both on?  Oh, I have tons of cards and am willing to share.
in your home world, you survived to live a happy and prosperous life. that is how you made it to the present point in time. however, here in this "alternate" world, you are, in fact, very dead and buried.

Offline ManicGamer

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 06:12:26 pm »
Hey MayokeOni thought I should add that I wasn't trying to steal your thunder. Maybe we could meet sometime and figure out on our own how to play if we can't find a willing mentor. You are talking about Magic The Gathering? Just want to be sure...

Offline MayokeOni

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 06:19:32 pm »
Yes I'm talking about Magic the Gathering. I would be willing to meet with you, but I'm just worried about misunderstanding the rules. So if we both meet up someone who knows what they are doing, I can pay them out of my Magic cards and we both come out ahead.  That way you don't have to worry about compensation and our mentor gets something for their time.  Plus I might have some cards that could be useful for you that I might part with.  Who knows?

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 06:41:36 pm »

Well, and with several shops in the Tulsa area supporting regular MtG events-  I'm sure you can find someone!   Not gonna lie, while they probably should, they may not check this site very often ;)  So you might need to visit the Tournament & Events forum, and check out what's happening, and drop in on them!

Oh - and if you guys do go to them, please mention OKgamers to the shop owners, every little bit helps out!

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline MayokeOni

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 07:35:39 am »
hey manic I need a way to get ahold of you.  You can shoot me an email at [email protected] or hit me up on facebook.  Mayoke Ichijouji.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 08:59:21 am »
Well it looks like there might be a couple of people wanting to learn magic. Let me look at my schedule and i might try and dust of a deck or two and show you the basics.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline ManicGamer

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 02:08:17 pm »
Thanks cravix. I know it's not definite yet, but I sure hope you can help out. I'm also going to be learning D&D as well.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 06:08:22 pm »
Just to let you guys know i am still looking into this. Is there anyone else other than these 2. It will propably be at top deck on 31st and sheridan sometime after 7 on a Saturday. This is giving that there isnt Tekken on that night

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide