Author Topic: Monster Hunter Tri  (Read 23647 times)

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Tri
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:22 am »
I started doing barroth farming wearing full set of jaggi armor and had a buster sword (GS) i think.  Just take full 10 potions, 10 mega potions, and enough stuff to make 10 more potions.  usually you can make a piece of armor each time you kill him so if you can go ahead and make some stuff.  If you have to you can always end via subquest till you get enough stuff to start making armor.

Good Luck

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2010, 12:27:17 pm »
I killed him once and like I am one short of something on all the armor.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2010, 01:16:18 pm »
Are you cutting his tail off first thing?  That helps alot since he has many tail attacks.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2010, 04:21:01 pm »
I am using a lance so i have a hard tiem with tails. No I can easy cut off frill's and such because most of the time he gots a lance in the face.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2010, 08:09:56 pm »
I hate to say it cause I know I like certain weapons myself but you may try using a greatsword for a bit till you make stronger gear.  Baroth is tough to get the tail with a lance and more than half of his attacks use his tail.

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2010, 12:01:05 am »
i did barroth runs in full rhenoplos. that way i could hit him without a problem while he did his mud shake dance thing

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2010, 12:08:16 pm »
That actaully might be a good idea. I pretty sure i can easily farm rhenoplos gear. Right now i am Jaggi Gear for attack

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2010, 11:16:32 pm »
woahhhhhhhhhhhh went online for the first time

went to the rookie section. couldnt even get a group of people together to kill more than the great jaggi, they all kept dying :/

guess i should go to some other servers?

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:29 am »
Sadly that is how about 90% of online is.  Most of them couldn't kill a wet paper bag with a paper shredder.  if you go into the combined area (both rookie and pro) there is a good mix.  I did a bunch of online this weekend too...I had to solo most of it though.  Online barroth is alot tougher than offline.

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2010, 12:04:08 pm »
I'll be your meat shield lol. I just stay in shield position calling its momma names while you guys wack at it.

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2010, 12:12:51 pm »
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys.  I farmed caedeus a bunch of times and now have the full set of armor...at 24 points per piece (upgradeable to 30) it's hella tough.  it also gives you sharpness +1 which bumps up the sharpness of your weapons by alot.  It puts some of mine into blue and white sharpness.  Also, I took on a agnaktor and killed it this weekend.  He is not that tough but the environment makes it a pretty hard fight, oh and if the lazer beam hits you ...you die. 

Most of my weapons require "+" items to upgrade them now so I gotta get my online rank to 31 or higher.  Well that's about it on updates for now.  Happy hunitng all.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2010, 12:56:51 am »

A TX player at the SSBB event HxC threw pulled this out and was playing it today, I noticed.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2010, 05:04:17 pm »
you good noticed or you bad noticed?

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2010, 11:02:56 am »
good, maybe more people will start showing this title off and we can get more people playing online. 

A couple things about online that I have noticed.

1.  you can only friend people who are online at the same time as you.  so it doesn't do any good to give someone a friend code. 

2.  it really becomes a grind to level up once you get past hr 10. 

3.  It is alot harder than it should be to coordiate hunts with other online players.  I think alot of this is due to the fact that if you don't have the wii speak you cannot hear or tal to other players.  Also, alot of people that have wii speak don't use keyboards so they have no way of communicating with the majority of players.  BTW, most of the old school MH players (myself included) just use a usb keyboard for chatting and stuff. 

well, that's all the info I have for now.  Havn't been able to play much in the last few weeks so not much progress to report.  I did get to HR 14 in online mode,and got a rathian plate (super rare) but that's it.  As always if ya got a question just holler.