Author Topic: Permanent Tournament For Oklahoma  (Read 9874 times)

Offline NOV3D

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Permanent Tournament For Oklahoma
« on: April 19, 2010, 07:26:52 pm »
To all professional gamers,

Lets say there was a group of people willing to start a tournament but instead of it just being a one day thing it became a permanent thing at one location. Every week one tournament will battle a group of gamers with different games each week with 4 in rotation. For example; Halo 3 one week ,Madden 10 the next week, Call of duty, MW2 the next next week, and so on and so fourth. Then after a month of gameing, the rotation starts over again with the same games. The tournament wouldn't be held in someone's small two story house which is completly idiotic but instead a 4,000 sq-ft room with up to 200 people or in real gamers eyes 199 victims in a Big F#%^ing room. No more small get togethers with friends and thinking you're a god at Halo just because you beat 7 other people.  Winning the tournament will not only grant you a prize renging from $100-300, but it will show everyone who really knows how to rule in the gaming world. How would you feel if this opportunity arose from the Red Dirt of Oklahoma? Will you be the reason for hundreds of gamers going home crying because the T-baging was just to much?

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Permanent Tournament For Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:09:57 pm »
one of three things is happening here:

you are a troll

you have not been to any tournaments here

i do not understand what you are trying to do at all, or you have left some part of your plan out

you may choose whichever.

Offline LONEWOLF2021

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:23:29 pm »
Sounds amazing !!
THE CLOWN IS IN TOWN.

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:16:16 pm »
Not enough fighters in there

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 01:45:04 pm »
Don't mind Bees, he's been teabagged one too many times and is a little bitter.

DarkWraith56

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 02:56:04 pm »
Hes actually a sweet loving individual, I am interested in this though, feel free to send me a PM or IM me, my IM accounts should be hooked up on my profile, welcome to the site.

Also, bees, BAD stop being mean to the newcomers :D

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: AMP zyx
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 03:44:35 pm »
A LAN Gaming Center is a business where one can use a computer connected over a LAN to other computers, primarily for the purpose of playing multiplayer computer games. Some LAN gaming centers offer game consoles only and no computers. Use of these computers or game consoles costs a fee, usually per hour or minute; sometimes one can have unmetered access with a pass for a day or month, etc. It may or may not serve as a regular café as well, with food and drinks being served. Many game centers have evolved in recent years to also include console gaming (Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2). Other centers offer computer repair and consulting, custom built computers, web design, programming classes or summer camps, and many other technology related services. Centers are starting to offer PS3s, Wiis and Xbox 360s that are playable in store.
LAN gaming centers can come in various sizes and styles, from the very small (6-8 computers) to the very large (400+ computers). Most have computer systems with higher-end hardware built specifically for computer gaming. Customers can play games with (or against) in-house opponents and most also include a high-speed Internet connection to allow customers to play games with online opponents as well (usually at the same time). Most also host a number of special events such as tournaments and LAN parties, some lasting throughout the night. Another typical feature is the ability to browse the Web and use instant messaging clients. Often these gaming centers allow customers the option of renting out the whole or part of the store for private LAN parties. LAN centers are typically decorated in such a way as to enhance the already present gaming atmosphere, such as adding black-light lightbulbs and gaming paraphernalia and posters around the center. A standard LAN gaming center will have rows of computers next to each other with highback leather computer chairs.
There are over 650 LAN centers in the US, while 90% of the LAN Centers in the world are in China, the largest having over 1777 seats.
It is common for a LAN gaming center to sell the games that they had already installed for their in-house computers, Most notably MMORPGs and many FPS games.

The first LAN Gaming center located on a college campus was Savage Geckos which was opened by Bruce McCulloch Jones as a tenant of Eastern Michigan University's Student Center, both opening on November 6, 2006. The combination retail/gaming center included 21 networked XBOXs, other consoles: PS2s, PS3s, Wiis, 10 networked gaming PCs and theatre seating (with cup holders) for game play, LCD screens, video projectors and a retail/arcade/hang out area. This center hosted some of the first on-campus intercollegiate play with a Halo 3 tournament between students from Eastern Michigan University, University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Oakland University. The operation lasted until Spring of 2008 when it was purchased by the university.
Mr. Jones made a series of presentations to the Association of College Unions International promoting the use of video games for positive social interaction on campus student centers.
Now there are over 20 universities with some form of LAN Center on campus including University of Michigan, Oakland University, Eastern Michigan University, Illinois State University, and Illinois Institute of Technology.

my description > yours
<3

www.twitter.com.com/OK_Updates

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline HxC_LAN_Center

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer Evangelist
  • "Hardcore Gaming for Hardcore Gamers" - HxC LAN
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: HxC LAN Center
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 04:54:41 pm »
To all professional gamers,

Lets say there was a group of people willing to start a tournament but instead of it just being a one day thing it became a permanent thing at one location. Every week one tournament will battle a group of gamers with different games each week with 4 in rotation. For example; Halo 3 one week ,Madden 10 the next week, Call of duty, MW2 the next next week, and so on and so fourth. Then after a month of gameing, the rotation starts over again with the same games. The tournament wouldn't be held in someone's small two story house which is completly idiotic but instead a 4,000 sq-ft room with up to 200 people or in real gamers eyes 199 victims in a Big F#%^ing room. No more small get togethers with friends and thinking you're a god at Halo just because you beat 7 other people.  Winning the tournament will not only grant you a prize renging from $100-300, but it will show everyone who really knows how to rule in the gaming world. How would you feel if this opportunity arose from the Red Dirt of Oklahoma? Will you be the reason for hundreds of gamers going home crying because the T-baging was just to much?

Hmm........This sounds familiar. I wonder why......

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 05:37:05 pm »
Not enough fighters in there
nope
Don't mind Bees, he's been teabagged one too many times and is a little bitter.
i play games with a mature enough player base that tea bagging does not happen. insert one of my PC>console arguments here
Hes actually a sweet loving individual, I am interested in this though, feel free to send me a PM or IM me, my IM accounts should be hooked up on my profile, welcome to the site.

Also, bees, BAD stop being mean to the newcomers :D
i do love honey
and no, not when they can't spell or grammartize

my description > yours
<3
wiki hard 3: wiki harder

Hmm........This sounds familiar. I wonder why......
can i guess? please?

please let me guess

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 07:40:06 pm »
one of three things is happening here:

you are a troll

you have not been to any tournaments here

i do not understand what you are trying to do at all, or you have left some part of your plan out

you may choose whichever.

LMBMFAO

DUDE! Technically we already started this.. good looking
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline SeenNotScene

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 12:43:45 pm »
Agreed Bees.  #1 reason why I don't play FPS on console.  Except for LFD2, i still struggle with trying to find decent groups.  Can anyone tell me when the trash-talkers, teabaggers, and 13 year-olds took over online multiplayer?  It used to be fun...

I blame halo...

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 02:03:32 pm »
13 year olds never took over gaming.

Yes, they're are an increased ammount of younger people playing. But that's why there's an amazing thing called friends lists and the mute button. They work wonders.

I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

Offline Bees McGee

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 08:05:48 pm »

Yes, they're are an increased ammount of younger people playing. But that's why there's an amazing thing called friends lists and the mute button. They work wonders.

do consoles have mic spammers?

they play music or some terrible fan fiction consistently

Offline 2AMPd

• OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »

do consoles have mic spammers?

they play music or some terrible fan fiction consistently
Mute Button? Unless I'm not following you...

Offline NOV3D

• Business Owner
  • Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 10:44:18 pm »
I appreciate the comments and all but can we please get back on track of topic. I am 100% serious about starting this up but I am afriad if I do the turn out might not be enough to keep it running. If you think its a good idea please tell or even if you have any ideas that may help in its success. Go on and message. If I get enough replies that make me think that it will be a success and draw a big enough crowd then it will start this summer.