Author Topic: Tulsa/BA - Any System - Looking to start a new Tabletop Group  (Read 2959 times)

Offline GNRSlashfan

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
Hey everybody!  I'm Ben, and I'm new to the forums (and fairly new to tabletop gaming in general), but I've always been a total writing/lit geek, so I figured I'd try to get a group together to play... well, anything.  I don't really think the system we use will be as important to our fun as the people we play with, so I'm pretty flexible.  I'd even be willing to GM - it might take me a little while to learn the ropes, but I'm confident that I'd enjoy the role.  ;D

I have a passing familiarity with...
D&D 4E
Exalted 2E
nWoD
Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader

...but like I said before, if the majority of the people who want to be a part of the group would prefer a different system, that's cool with me.  I'm able to host at my home in the western Broken Arrow area, too.  If you're interested, either post here or shoot me a private message on this forum.  Make sure to include your first name and some way that I can contact you outside of these boards, in addition to your preferred gaming systems and what times you'd be available to game.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:42:01 pm by GNRSlashfan »

Offline cravix

• OKgamers Supporters
  • OKgamer Evangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa/BA - Any System - Looking to start a new Tabletop Group
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:23:25 pm »
Maybe if the time is right

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that the liberal will ask you to vote republican while a conservative gives facts and asks for you to decide

Offline mjobrien10

• OKgamers Supporters
  • Official OKgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:02:25 pm »
I'm down in Okc so I'm probably out on the gaming in broken arrow.  I just wanted to comment on the guys who started this posts name.  GNRSlashfan...kickass brother.  Been a GNR fan for a long time and last year went to a holloween party dressed as ....Slash.  Keep rockin it and good luck getting a group together.

Offline X_A

• X A - Lead OKGamer Evangelist
  • Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • http://okgamers.com
  • SEN ID: XianghuaALPHA
  • XBL ID: XianghuaALPHA
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 03:43:50 pm »

I don't know if "Deadworld" has responded to you, but Kyle, aka yea, is having Dark Heresy games weekly now.  Saturday is the next date - if you haven't heard back, let me know, and I'll bump him for you.  irl style.

X A

Oklahoma doesn't have to "suck"
OKGamers.com - spread the word. 
OKgamers.com - our goals

New to the site?  Welcome to OKgamers.com!  Let us know how you found us!

Offline GNRSlashfan

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:29:49 am »
Oh hey, that'd be much appreciated. :o  Thanks X_A!  You can even throw my e-mail address his way:

[email protected]

Deadworld hasn't responded yet, so getting in touch with Kyle/yea is probably my best bet if I want to game. :D

mjobrien - hah, thanks man. :P  I've dressed as Slash for Halloween too, but that was ages ago.

cravix - Feel free to message me with some times that'd work for you, and what system you'd prefer to play.  You can get in touch with me either on the forums or through my e-mail (which I posted above).

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 12:53:45 am »

He said he'd check into it!  So that means no, he probably hasn't responded lol.

Oh - and on the thread you started - http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3042.0.html

That's great - but I couldn't find any verification that

A - it was in Tulsa
B - it's date, etc.

So that was moved to planning - please read the "READ ME" in the Tournament and Events forum before posting in that particular forum.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals

Offline GNRSlashfan

• Familiar Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 07:12:53 pm »
Oh, the tournament itself isn't in Tulsa - I guess I broke the posting rules, huh? :S  My b man, somehow I overlooked the giant READ ME FIRST letters.  Thanks again for poking yea for me, I appreciate it. :D

Offline Deadworld

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 09:04:38 am »
Actually, Right now I have a "Pathfinder" (Dnd 3.75) game in full swing, with just enough players. I could squeeze in one more maybe... but I have 6 (and lovein' it((because it makes their APL +1, which allows me to put in harder monsters, but I digress)))

I think you should start a Dark heresy game, I would play, as long as it's not on a Saturday, preferably on a weekday at night.

Tabletop Gamers of Tulsa is a Facebook group started by one of my players. You should join, all of you.

~Deadworld~>

Offline X_A

• Administrator
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 03:00:59 pm »
Oh, the tournament itself isn't in Tulsa - I guess I broke the posting rules, huh? :S  My b man, somehow I overlooked the giant READ ME FIRST letters.  Thanks again for poking yea for me, I appreciate it. :D

lol - READ ME states "Oklahoma Area" - so not JUST Tulsa, but has to be physical, and well, having all the requirements the READ ME points out :)  No biggie, we just watch the content in the T&E forums carefully - it's the heart and reason of the site afterall.

X A

OKgamers.com - our goals