Author Topic: Tulsa, OK--Pathfinder (Kingmaker)  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Reverse Pandora

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Tulsa, OK--Pathfinder (Kingmaker)
« on: July 24, 2010, 12:10:38 pm »
Hello, all.  An introduction:  I'm originally from California; I moved out here almost three years ago.  My last campaign was in 2005 (D&D 3.5), and I quit running games due to the standard busy-ness of life.  Years have passed, and now here I am in Tulsa, interested in getting back into the hobby.  Having been unimpressed with 4E (not flaming, just stating personal preference), I discovered Pathfinder and its Core Rulebook about a year ago; I fell in love with "3.75E", and decided I wanted to GM it.

This is easier said than done, as all my old friends live in California, while the friends I've made here don't really play pen & paper RPGs.  Also, there are few Tulsans at the Paizo boards (as far as I've perceived), so I stumbled upon this site, and here I am!

I'm looking for some players for a weekly Pathfinder RPG (Kingmaker AP) game.  I am willing to GM, and my girlfriend--new to gaming, but really liking it so far--is the only definite player I have at the moment (with a strong possibility of one of her friends joining).  Preferably, I'd like 2 or 3 others to make a 4-5 person party.  I live in Tulsa, and would like to run a game here in my home.  I am mature (35), am an experienced GM, and would like other mature players to join me in this awesome Adventure Path!  Note that by "mature" I simply mean "mature in attitude"; age is not an issue!  ;)

Offline DuckDuckDuck

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa, OK--Pathfinder (Kingmaker)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:01:39 pm »
(Just in case my email to you borked)

Hey I might be interested in this.  I am very new to TTRPG in general, though I used to play many eons ago. I've forgotten most of how it all works. :)  I have the D&D 4.0 first players handbook and have been reading up, I should have the Pathfinder book soon too, but as I said I am very new and inexperienced (though I love RPGs on the console!).

Offline Reverse Pandora

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 08:01:48 am »
New and inexperienced is totally welcome; I've showed many new tabletop gamers "the ropes" over the years!  I haven't checked my e-mail yet; I'll do that shortly.

As far as the book is concerned: you can pick it up, if you are so inclined, but there is also a Pathfinder Resource Document (PRD) at Paizo's site.  It has pretty much all the rules, minus the cool artwork, of the Core Rulebook.  Personally, I have the Core, Bestiary, and Adventure Path, so we'd be good to go.

I'll send you an e-mail; perhaps we can schedule a meet, over coffee or somesuch.

Offline Reverse Pandora

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 03:20:32 pm »
Update: I found enough players to fill up the party!  Kingmaker will be commencing in about a week-and-a-half.  Thanks to Praying Mantis' Tabletop Gamers of Tulsa (on Facebook), and to any Tulsans who gave this thread a look-see.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:35:32 pm by Reverse Pandora »

Offline DuckDuckDuck

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 06:19:17 pm »
w00t!

Offline Reverse Pandora

• Startin' Out
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 02:36:53 pm »