Author Topic: HxC Buying EVO monitors ASUS VH236H Black 23 HDMI? or VGA?  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
  • Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
  • XBL ID: aXs Skorcher
HxC Buying EVO monitors ASUS VH236H Black 23 HDMI? or VGA?
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:47:37 pm »
Online trying to compare the correct system and something just dawned on me... there is no component cables :o

I though fighters dont play any other way? Please help me.. I wanna have these monitors to support any local okgamer community events and hxc events and of course so on.. but I need to know the correct specs.

comments?
"Hardcore Gaming For Hardcore Gamers"
HxC LAN Center

Offline FLIP17

• OKgamer Evangelist
  • THIS IS SWAAAAAGTASTIC
    • View Profile
  • XBL ID: Flip17
Re: HxC Buying EVO monitors ASUS VH236H Black 23 HDMI? or VGA?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:11:37 am »
Asus monitors... HDMI cables... We have one in tulsa and Dustin has 3 in OKC. They're beauty

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 08:19:09 am »
Asus monitors... HDMI cables... We have one in tulsa and Dustin has 3 in OKC. They're beauty

OK boom HDMI it is. Now Does it need to be this exact model to host fighting tournaments?

ASUS VH236H Black 23
HxC LAN Center

Offline Animefreak6969

• OKgamer fo' life
  • YUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:15:32 pm »
as of now it's the only 100% accepted model.  although a few others have popped up

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 01:01:31 am »
Yeah, HDMI doesn't cause lag and gives the best picture. No reason not to use it. That goes for Xbox360 and PS3 games, but the Wii and older systems don't support HDMI so it's a different story there obviously.

VH236H is only mentioned so much because it hits on a lot of good notes -- cheap, very low lag, and good quality picture. But I believe the VH236H is actually being phased out in favor of the VH238H which is only slightly different (LED backlight). Both are equally as good in terms of lag though.

But no, this is NOT the only good monitor for fighting games. It's just that most people don't know how to actually test a monitor's input lag, and they don't want to buy a monitor for fighting games without knowing 100% sure that it has low lag. So they just go with what everyone else is going with.

The reality is that most computer monitors should work well, while in general anything marketed as a TV probably will have some lag. Sometimes if you google for a particular monitor plus the words "lag test" or "input lag" you might find information about it, but maybe not.

Anyway, if you are in the market to purchase monitors, then I would recommend either the VH236H or VH238H. It's not only because of the low lag but also just because they are usually very cheap compared to other similarly sized monitors.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:04:56 am by drumist »
The Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma (G-FLO)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:35:09 pm »
What about the

ViewSonic 22" 1080p Widescreen LED Display - VX2250wm-LED

Google it!
HxC LAN Center

Offline drumist

• learned the ropes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 07:24:05 am »
What about the

Google it!

No HDMI input, which sort of rules it out for console gaming. I believe MLG has used Viewsonics in the past for PC gaming, but I don't know about this specific model.

Speaking of MLG, they also used VH236H last year and are using it again this year: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg/mlg-equipment/ . And this is for Halo and Call of Duty, just in case you think us fighting gamers are too anal about this kind of thing. ;p
The Gentlemen's Fighting League of Oklahoma (G-FLO)

Offline Timmy Skorcher

• Business Owner
  • OKgamer fo' life
    • View Profile
    • Hardcore LAN Center
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 07:49:37 am »
What about the

Google it!

No HDMI input, which sort of rules it out for console gaming. I believe MLG has used Viewsonics in the past for PC gaming, but I don't know about this specific model.

Speaking of MLG, they also used VH236H last year and are using it again this year: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg/mlg-equipment/ . And this is for Halo and Call of Duty, just in case you think us fighting gamers are too anal about this kind of thing. ;p

Naw fighters are not anal so yea.. no viewsonics.. I couldve swore these models had hdmi input.. but I think I'm better off with the Asus.
HxC LAN Center